how did you come up with your user names?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you read the BOOKS "Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, you get a little different information on Gollum than you do from the movies.

After he got the precious, he started exploring places. He always wanted to find the truth of things. He figured that the deepest roots of the biggest mountains held the truths of ALL things. That's why he went down into the caves.

I too, like to find the "Truths of all things" I research old treasure stories, I hike the mountains and deserts, and I climb down in old mineshafts and caves. I have found the truths of some things so far. :wink:

Best-Mike

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drive a Ford Mustang Mach 1 (Well, not much, its usually under the cover in the garage!)

And I fly airplanes. :thumbsup:

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
Laf-at-life....because sometimes that is all you can do.
I've had this since I started using computers back in the early 90's.

glasskeeper

Oct 29, 2006
Central, Vermont
I also collect old antique flask and medicine bottles besides metal detecting. On the Antique bottle site I go by the name Glasskeeper, so I thought I would keep it simple and go by the same name on Treasure Net.

lafatlife

May 14, 2008
CT
TreasureTales said:
lafatlife said:
Laf-at-life....because sometimes that is all you can do.
I've had this since I started using computers back in the early 90's.

LOL, excuse me but everytime I saw your screen name I thought it was French for "The Fat LIfe." So sorry. (Just joking with ya). :wink: ;D

Quite all right, it was easier to type "laf" then "laugh". I hear that all the time about "the fat life"....makes it sound like I am rich or something....NOT....LOL

r49miner

Sep 12, 2006
Idaho
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first mining partner gave me the handle, and it stuck.

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine is a combination of my wife's old screen name, and my old screen name.

Back in the mid 90's, on AOL I had a screen name called CrazyDiamond. My wife had the name GrooveyChick.. or GrooveyGirl.. something like that.

Put them together.. and you get GrooveDymond!

:)

Groovedymond

May 23, 2006
Salem, NH
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - QuickSilver
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a suggestion for you Rob. If your full name is Robert.. well, a friend of mine had the same name, and he loved going by Trebor (robert backwards).

Trebor kinda rolls off your tounge!

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Searcher said:
I reckon I just liked the movie and actor a lot. "The Searchers" w/John Wayne

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it's really self explanatory, I used to actively collect Pez Candy Dispensers. Now they have too many coming out every year that it costs more than I make in retirement, I just may sell all 750 plus that I have, and buy another detector. I have a friend who also collects, and has over 1500 of 'em. I use this name on several sites. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
pookie-princess of rust
Apr 27, 2008
rhode island
Detector(s) used
titan 1000 xd
yay for pez! lol. :icon_sunny: :thumbsup:
notgittinenny said:
Well it's really self explanatory, I used to actively collect Pez Candy Dispensers. Now they have too many coming out every year that it costs more than I make in retirement, I just may sell all 750 plus that I have, and buy another detector. I have a friend who also collects, and has over 1500 of 'em. I use this name on several sites. :thumbsup:

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Another name for the town I mostly grew up in. Taken from the steel plant that was supposedly
the largest, most advanced tubular pipe mill in the world. Plus, at one time they had their own
brewery & bottled Tube City Beer.

Pennsylvania Breweries History: Tube City Brewing Company

The origin of the Tube City Brewing Company name: At one time, McKeesport produced more steel pipe (aka tube) than any other place in the world. Just as Pittsburgh was "the Steel City" and Milwaukee was "the Cream City," McKeesport was "the Tube City." The name was used by the brewery located in McKeesport and by numerous other businesses.

syko

Oct 20, 2007
Pasadena, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
mine came from earlier days of gaming online, went as SYKOKILLER.
Didn't want to spell it correctly and figured on forums like this, Syko is
a more friendly name :P ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions