What's new

how did you come up with your user names?

I tried to register with my first name, but someone already had it. (I've never seen a post under that handle, either). When I detect, I say "I'm going diggin". I tried Digginman and it took.

DM
 
I am a massage therapist. Clients would get off my table and say I have magic fingers.
I am known for giving a really pampering massage. A few years ago I added some really deep work and can use my elbows and get pretty deep in the back. I don't think magic elbows would work....lol.


Donna
 
pookie said:
pookie is just a nickname i acquired from my sister. i use it alot as an id in forums. how did you come up with the id's you use? :P


Indiana Jones is quite the treasure hunter, it was a no-brainer :wink:
 
I own a 1969 Toyota landcruiser and they called them FJ40. I also live in New Mexico.

By the way its sweet too, 4" lift, locker in the rear, fun machine.
 
My son and mding buddy always calls me bighead or bigger head. My wife and family always make fun of the fact that I cant find hats to fit my head other than ballcaps. Anyway I hear it so much that I kind of like it now!!
 
First word that popped into my head when I saw that username line.
 
Used to/sometimes still do play an online game called Ultima Online. My first character used the same name. My first name is Dan and one of my middle names is Kieran. Kier Dan....kierdan lol
 
I own my own Locksmith Shop. I'm a Certified Locksmith. I am also a fulltime Deputy Sheriff and my badge number is 434.
 
name of my farm which was actually named by my grandmaw in 1913,
 
Good topic.

Mine is after my boat which took some thought -

"Fishing is mearly a Mirage to those who seek to obtain it but is realized only by those not consciously engaged in it's pursuit."

The analogy falls apart somewhat for metal detecting but is a reminder that to really enjoy the hobby you have to metal detect for reasons other than to solely to find XY&Z.

Bob
 
Great thread Pookie. Thanks for starting it.

It was time to buy a new truck in 2003 and I joined a forum to get info on the new Dodge Rams. I bought the Hemi and my screen name stuck with me.
Kind of funny seeing how I,ve owned 4 Chevy trucks over the years. Dodge wanted to sell me a truck, Chevy did,nt!
I am happy they did! Quad cab 4X4 SLT gets us there quick, and off road it's hard to beat for a stock ride.

In hindsight, I would have chosen a more appropriate name for this site like "DesertTreasureHunter" or something.

HH
Steve
 
After years of foraging forums on many subjects of interest to me, I got tired of trying to remember what user name and password I used for each one. So, when this forum rolled around, I came up with one that describes my life long hobby of singing barbershop harmony. Recently the trend has been to refer to it as a Capella music as it is felt that the term 'barbershop' might turn people off. I call it what it is. I also invite people to our annual show with the guarantee that they will enjoy it. Our Society recently moved it's headquarters from Kenosha, WI to Nashville, TN and we were welcomed as part of the family. What better place to headquarter than Music City?

Many have never heard the style, but usually once the do, they come back at some point. It's not for everyone, but as a general rule, if you like country and easy listening, you'll like barbershop.

Good hunting to all and I really need to get out there myself.
 
As an interesting aside to this, Pookie, who started the thread, is the nickname to the tenor of a quartet named FRED.
They pick on him relentlessly as part of their performance. You can google them and find out more about them if you like.
 
Well since I suck so far at treasure hunting, and Idig4beer was already taken (no poke at you dig) I decided to use the only thing I am good with, a gun.....

regards
sixguns
 
nothing to add
except i own page 2 ;D
 
Your up early EDDE :coffee2:
 
I just got my new dog a standard poodle and lab mixed a labradoodle
 
Mine came in 2 parts, I'm an insomniac and have grown to love the night time world and I grew up having all of my friends and family tell me I have eyes like a wolf because I'm overly observant and always notice the smallest of details in anything. (I always get called when keys and jewelry get lost) It's paid off well in both my designing work and my new found hobby :wink:

And no, I don't pee on trees or howl outside when the moon is full, or chase squirrels and deer haha ;D
 
Oldest coin I ever Found - Roman - Emperior "Gallienus" 267 AD
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom