how did you come up with your user names?

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Mother & Father gave it to me ;D

Brian

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
oneeye is my handle. I only have one eye. I lost my left eye in a bowhunting accident back in 1983.
Dan

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the swim club mascot at the pool we are members of.
Just lost about half of it's cool and mystique didn't it?

HH,
Ramapirate

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
Mike and live on Maui,Hawaii = Maui Mike

Attachments

• hawaii-map.gif
    hawaii-map.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 215
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OHIO: Originally I posted under "Tropical Tramp" . However, after receiving a no. of indecent propositions from various gentlemen (??) who assumed that I was a loose female, I changed to Tayopa, the name of my most spectcular find.

No, Gullum wasn't one of them, he has been a true gentleman - with me anyways.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. I also posted as "Till Eulenspeigle" a Germanic folk lore trickster who enjoyed playing tricks on egocentric people to let them see themselves as they are..

hunterinthesky

Aug 16, 2008
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300 - DX-1 Pinpointer
I enjoy digging and searching for history. Astronomy is another hobby I would like to pursue, so with that I came up with my favorite constellation ORION (my name Ryan) the hunter.
I keep it balanced I suppose---- heavens and earth.

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
me takum walk on Beachum findum many coin me call Coin Finder, findum many coins from whiteman..

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back when I started detecting and had just gotten the internet (1997), it seems that there was an especially abundant day filled with pennies.

I thought that we were like penny farmers, digging up our crop like potatoes or onions. I thought that has to be one of the best names that I can call my own. Many people find it amusing and ask me about it. Often people think my name must be penny and that I must have a farm. I use it on several forums.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Born2Dtect

That is how I felt about detecting when I started a few years ago. I have only been able to go detecting twice in the past 90 days so I am thinking of changing it to "IReallyWant2GoDetecting" !

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Describes my life:

Police riot control: Throw the gas, next to that Guy In Back

Bank teller: Yes officer, he kind of looks like that Guy In Back

Grocery check out line: Close this lane, just ahead of the Guy In Back

Boot Camp: Everyone is on liberty, the Guy In Back will stay on base and stand watch

Jury duty: Everyone is dismissed except the Guy In Back, he is the alternate for the next month

Airport security line: Let everyone else through, start the strip searches with the Guy In Back

Police dog: Woof woof, grrrrrrrrrrrr growl..... ummmmm Guy In Back

Just seems to kind of work for me.

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TPMRCP stands for Theatre Patient Movement Requirement Center Pacific, a medivac office I worked at while in the Army in Japan. We were responsible for all the medical movement using military means from the North Pole to the South Pole, and from the West Coast of California to the West Coast of Saudi Arabia. Here is an example of some of our missions:
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123053169

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I went to work for the University of MO Police Dept back in 1995 the Chief found out I had some computer experience in my college degree fields and was self-taught in web publishing (HTML/Meta-HTML) so I was assigned to develop and maintain the department web pages and then tasked to do all the computer related investigations, so folks on the campus started referring to me as the "Cybercop". After a few years that term became common on the Net so I added my badge number, 106.

I figured this would be me in retirement:
codeforfood.jpg

I thought about Sgt Jim as well, but that was too common.
I'm also service-connected disabled-retired from the Army and wanted to use the nickname my buddies cheerfully gave me after I got shot up, but FUBAR is less socially acceptable......... ;D

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Allright...
I'll fess up.

rmptr started life as roompainter.

Got over to the beepers, well, 'recovers-many-pull-tab-relics' seemed to fit quite well.

mecz.JPG

Best
rmptr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread