What's new

how did you come up with your user names?

When I got to the enter "user name" I went blank for a few moments and just looked out the window. I collect and display bottles and other glass on many of my window sills so Cobalt*Blue it was.
 
My Mother & Father gave it to me ;D

Brian
 
oneeye is my handle. I only have one eye. I lost my left eye in a bowhunting accident back in 1983.
Dan
 
It's the swim club mascot at the pool we are members of.
Just lost about half of it's cool and mystique didn't it?

HH,
Ramapirate
 
Mike and live on Maui,Hawaii = Maui Mike
 

Attachments

  • hawaii-map.gif
    hawaii-map.gif
    27.5 KB · Views: 253
OHIO: Originally I posted under "Tropical Tramp" . However, after receiving a no. of indecent propositions from various gentlemen (??) who assumed that I was a loose female, I changed to Tayopa, the name of my most spectcular find.

No, Gullum wasn't one of them, he has been a true gentleman - with me anyways.

Don Jose de La Mancha

p.s. I also posted as "Till Eulenspeigle" a Germanic folk lore trickster who enjoyed playing tricks on egocentric people to let them see themselves as they are..
 
From the military, through the CB radidio days just stuck with it. Oh yeah, easy to spell (planning ahead for the senility years ;D ;D)
 
I enjoy digging and searching for history. Astronomy is another hobby I would like to pursue, so with that I came up with my favorite constellation ORION (my name Ryan) the hunter.
I keep it balanced I suppose---- heavens and earth.
 
me takum walk on Beachum findum many coin me call Coin Finder, findum many coins from whiteman..
 
Back when I started detecting and had just gotten the internet (1997), it seems that there was an especially abundant day filled with pennies.

I thought that we were like penny farmers, digging up our crop like potatoes or onions. I thought that has to be one of the best names that I can call my own. Many people find it amusing and ask me about it. Often people think my name must be penny and that I must have a farm. I use it on several forums.
 
Born2Dtect

That is how I felt about detecting when I started a few years ago. I have only been able to go detecting twice in the past 90 days so I am thinking of changing it to "IReallyWant2GoDetecting" !
 
Describes my life:

Police riot control: Throw the gas, next to that Guy In Back

Bank teller: Yes officer, he kind of looks like that Guy In Back

Grocery check out line: Close this lane, just ahead of the Guy In Back

Boot Camp: Everyone is on liberty, the Guy In Back will stay on base and stand watch

Jury duty: Everyone is dismissed except the Guy In Back, he is the alternate for the next month

Airport security line: Let everyone else through, start the strip searches with the Guy In Back

Police dog: Woof woof, grrrrrrrrrrrr growl..... ummmmm Guy In Back


Just seems to kind of work for me.
 
TPMRCP stands for Theatre Patient Movement Requirement Center Pacific, a medivac office I worked at while in the Army in Japan. We were responsible for all the medical movement using military means from the North Pole to the South Pole, and from the West Coast of California to the West Coast of Saudi Arabia. Here is an example of some of our missions:
http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123053169
 
When I went to work for the University of MO Police Dept back in 1995 the Chief found out I had some computer experience in my college degree fields and was self-taught in web publishing (HTML/Meta-HTML) so I was assigned to develop and maintain the department web pages and then tasked to do all the computer related investigations, so folks on the campus started referring to me as the "Cybercop". After a few years that term became common on the Net so I added my badge number, 106.

I figured this would be me in retirement:
codeforfood.jpg


I thought about Sgt Jim as well, but that was too common.
I'm also service-connected disabled-retired from the Army and wanted to use the nickname my buddies cheerfully gave me after I got shot up, but FUBAR is less socially acceptable......... ;D
 
Allright...
I'll fess up.

rmptr started life as roompainter.

Got over to the beepers, well, 'recovers-many-pull-tab-relics' seemed to fit quite well.

mecz.webp

Best
rmptr
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom