Howdy from N.Texas!!!

TexasHarper

Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My name is Cathy. I live in Frisco, Texas, just north of Dallas. I just turned 40, been married to my one and only, Jeff for 11 years. We have 3 kiddo's, Alexander (10), Jackson (8) and Madison (she's 5 going on 21!!). Also have a fat cat, Rusty (12yrs), a wild Catahoullia Leopard Dog mix named Bliss (2yrs) and a 30gal salt water tank where I grow corals and kill fish..seriously I suck at the fish part.

I was taught, early, a love of History and Nature. I've been fishing and picking up rocks since I figured out how to put my thumb and forefinger together. My father, self taught, passed his love and knowledge of all things in Nature and of History, to me on our many family vacations to Colorado and Arizona. In 2011, he took me to a spot on a parcel of family land, and showed me where we could find arrowheads and other awesome artifacts!!! Now, I'm hooked!!!

Bone2Stone, a mentor of mine, has kindly compounded my treasure lust, by allowing me to tag along on a few visits to his Pre WWII Dumpsite. SUCH TREASURE!!!!!!! My Precious!!!! OOOHHHHH MY PRECIOUS!!! HEHEHE.

Now, to talk my Dad out of his MD!!!

So here I am..to learn some more......I'm more excited than a kid at Christmas!!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania!
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Texas for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdeeeeee from Austin,Texas.:hello2:

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Welcome Cathy! I live over in far east McKinney near Princeton. I was actually over in Frisco detecting yesterday. I always carry a spare detector so you are welcome join a hunt with us to cut your teeth and borrow it on a hunt there in Frisco or where ever we(another member here on T-Net who lives in Frisco) organize. We'll get you hooked to the hobby. martin

OP
OP
TexasHarper

TexasHarper

Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Cathy! I live over in far east McKinney near Princeton. I was actually over in Frisco detecting yesterday. I always carry a spare detector so you are welcome join a hunt with us to cut your teeth and borrow it on a hunt there in Frisco or where ever we(another member here on T-Net who lives in Frisco) organize. We'll get you hooked to the hobby. martin

AWESOME!!!! Shoot me an email at [email protected] and we'll hook up!!! I've got so much time on my hands the devil has an amusement park planned!!!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
TexasHarper

TexasHarper

Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know some people hate this...but here is a thread from another website that I'm associated with, that describes My VERY FIRST MDing ADVENTURE!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH MARTIN LARSON!!!!!:notworthy:
Artifact Forum | Arrowheads.com :: Topic: TexasHarper Goes MDing!!! (1/1) | www.arrowheads.com

To leave a comment on the other site, just signup to be a member...cost ya nothing but yer email addy.....Especially if you're at all interested in Native American Artifcats, Arrowheads and such.

Otherwise...leave em here I guess...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AWESOME!!!! Shoot me an email at [email protected] and we'll hook up!!! I've got so much time on my hands the devil has an amusement park planned!!!

wow hook ups! this site is improving. post the video later.
seriously, hi from Indy ( go COLTS!!) sorry about the romo resigning

aarias

Dec 2, 2012
Welcome aboard!!

We have a few people in the are and do sites now and then.

We can invite you to the next dig!

Alfred

OP
OP
TexasHarper

TexasHarper

Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
North Texas
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wow hook ups! this site is improving. post the video later.
seriously, hi from Indy ( go COLTS!!) sorry about the romo resigning

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Gave up watching the Cowboys and moved to College football...Gig em!!

No video..only photos...see the list above.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Hi Cathy and welcome!! wish I had seen your intro sooner...I'm in Denton and had some spare time to do some detecting this weekend. Was looking for someone to hook up with. I visit here occasionally as my son goes to UNT.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
I know some people hate this...but here is a thread from another website that I'm associated with, that describes My VERY FIRST MDing ADVENTURE!!!!

THANKS SO MUCH MARTIN LARSON!!!!!:notworthy:
Artifact Forum | Arrowheads.com :: Topic: TexasHarper Goes MDing!!! (1/1) | www.arrowheads.com

To leave a comment on the other site, just signup to be a member...cost ya nothing but yer email addy.....Especially if you're at all interested in Native American Artifcats, Arrowheads and such.

Otherwise...leave em here I guess...

I am impressed at how fast you picked up on how to swing the detector, read the signals and actually dig coins. It took me a solid week to dig an actual coin when I started in 2010. You don't mind digging junk, and many new hunters wear out on junk and just quit. I see a jewelry find in your future!

Thanks for kudos, and Delivering me a Starbucks! We'll find better coins next time. martin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions