What's new

Huntin in 2013

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, both were skunks. Blah.
 
Upvote 0
Picked up two boxes of dimes today, snagged three Roosies between them:

1953
1961
1962D
 
Been a crappy week for me. Had to blow my whole bankroll on a costly vehicle repair. Didn't search much coin. Next week I won't be searching much either because I'll be away at training for my job.

I did manage to pick up two boxes of halves yesterday. Ended up snagging three 90%ers between them:

1934 Walker
1958D Ben
1964 Kennedy
 
Picked up two boxes of dimes and one box of halves today. Skunked on the dimes.

Box of halves gave up four keepers:

1964
1967 x 2
1969D

8-)
 
Picked up three boxes of dimes yesterday, one of the boxes was a skunk. The other two gave up five keepers between them:

1944S Mercury

Roosies:
1959
1962
1964D x 2
 
Picked up two boxes of halves today, one box was a skunk. The other box gave up four keepers:

1946 Walker
1967
1968D
1969D
 
hey man, you're killing it with those nice finds, congrats! I did 2 brinks "cube" boxes today myself, one was a repacked dump(yellow N.F. String wrappers with one end folded, an obvious sign of a crh dump) and the other a regular brinks box with brinks rolls(the rolls say brinks on them)

good luck if you get any coins tomorrow, and congrats on the walker, i haven't found one of those in 6 months
hh
buff
Picked up two boxes of halves today, one box was a skunk. The other box gave up four keepers:

1946 Walker
1967
1968D
1969D
 
Thanks, Buff!

I never find anything in the cube-style boxes that I get. I'm not sure they are Brinks though. The ones that I get have what looks to me to be 70's stylized writing on the outside that simply reads "$500 Halves". The wrappers are white-and-goldish/tannish. I get them every once in a while at Garda-supplied banks.
 
Do you ever find dunbar boxes from garda supply? I got 3 out of the 4 I picked up at my one bank yesterday... They are the flat boxes, with orange ink, instead of the normal yellow ink from garda. Its the first time I picked up different boxes than normal... although the wrappers have been changing around.
 
I do pick up Dunbar boxes, but they aren't from a Garda-supplied bank. Originally, I thought they were a Garda-supplied bank. However, it has come to light that they are actually supplied by Dunbar.

The Dunbar boxes that I get have school bus yellow ink and a four-digit code stamped on the top in black ink. The wrappers are yellow-and-white.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves and a box of dimes over the weekend, all skunks.

Dumped the halves at one branch and snagged a 1964 Washington from the teller's tray.

Dumped the dimes at another branch and found two Roosies in the reject tray:

1959
1963D
 
congrats.gif
 
Picked up a box of nickels today, one lone silver: 1943D.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves and a box of dimes over the weekend, all skunks.

Dumped the halves at one branch and snagged a 1964 Washington from the teller's tray.

Dumped the dimes at another branch and found two Roosies in the reject tray:

1959
1963D

Nice! Way to overcome the skunks!
 
Dumped the nickels from last night, found two keepers in the reject tray:

1964 Roosie
1948S Washington

Picked up three boxes of dimes + $40 in CWR of halves + $9 in loose Ikes.

Skunked on the halves and Ikes.

EDIT:

Ended up having to run out to the bank after dinner, picked up another $100 in MWR of dimes while I was there doing biznessssssss.

The $100 in MWR gave up a Roosie: 1964D.

Between the three boxes of dimes I managed to snag four Roosies:

1954S
1959D
1963D x 2
 
Last edited:
Just realized that with yesterday's finds I have surpassed my 2012 silver total of 34.5 ozt.

Right now I am at 35.24 ozt found in the wild, and it's only late April. Well on my way to hitting my goal of doubling last year's total.

8-)
 
UGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :BangHead:

Every pick-up bank has been flooded with Dunbar boxes of halves this week. All skunks!

I guess Garda is buying boxes from Dunbar?!

BOOOOOOOO!!!
 
UGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :BangHead:

Every pick-up bank has been flooded with Dunbar boxes of halves this week. All skunks!

I guess Garda is buying boxes from Dunbar?!

BOOOOOOOO!!!

Yup all of my 8 boxes have been dunbar this week.. I got a couple of your markings last week mastermind..
 
What are dunbar boxes???
 
Yup all of my 8 boxes have been dunbar this week.. I got a couple of your markings last week mastermind..

Ah, I marked 100 coins in the beginning of March. They are from only a few days: 3/4, 3/5, 3/6, or 3/8.

Two other people have also found some of my marks.
 
I picked up 2 boxes and 1 was a skunk from Dunbar too...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom