What's new

Huntin in 2013

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, both were skunks. Blah.
 
Upvote 0
There must be something weird going on. I asked a few of the banks that are supplied by Garda if they switched companies and they said no. One of my pick up banks had a Garda truck out front, but the box that it delivered and I picked up had Dunbar tape all over it.
 
Thats what I was asking you about, last week.

All of my boxes this week are orange dunbar boxes, instead of yellow garda ones...

I have done 9 boxes this week, and found 13 40%ers so far... all orange dunbar boxes

HH
 
Ah, yes, I remember. The only difference with the Dunbar boxes that I've been getting this week from my usually Garda-supplied banks is that there is no number stamped in black ink on these ones. The Dunbar boxes I pick up from Dunbar-supplied banks do have the number stamped on top.

Thats what I was asking you about, last week.

All of my boxes this week are orange dunbar boxes, instead of yellow garda ones...

I have done 9 boxes this week, and found 13 40%ers so far... all orange dunbar boxes

HH
 
Well, managed to snag three 40%ers between the two boxes of halves that I picked up today:

1966 x 2
1968D
 
Yeah mine arent stamped, but its been so long since I did dunbar boxes, I dont recall if they had stamps or not...
 
I'm guessing Garda probably picked up Strings & Sons boxes and wrappers.

Doesn't explain the one box that I got from a Garda-supplied bank with Dunbar tape all over it though. Maybe that was just a fluke.
 
Yeah the wrappers have been switching over, and now the boxes too it seems...

I have no idea about tape though, never see any tape on my boxes, although 2 of my boxes yesterday were held together with rubber bands lol
 
I am not sure they are dunbar because mine don't have stamps either.. Also I consistently saw the same markings that I usually do, so this also has me thinking they are still garda.. They certainly weren't the best boxes for me though... All 12 of my boxes this week were the orange ink boxes you guys are getting.. I think I just got lucky because my first four boxes gave me a nice haul of 19-40% and 3-90%, but my last 8 boxes of the week gave me only 3-40%s and 1-90%... Interesting.. I wish we could know why this switch happened.. Maybe we just hit the bottom of a pallet quicker than normal.. It seemed like it got a little worse when the wrappers switched from brown and black to yellow and white, but these orange ink boxes really don't seem like a good sign to me..
 
Last edited:
Could you post a picture of the Dunbar boxes with the Dunbar tape? I haven't seen one of those yet.
Hh
Buff
 
Could you post a picture of the Dunbar boxes with the Dunbar tape? I haven't seen one of those yet.
Hh
Buff

I used it as kindling to start a fire in my backyard last night, but if I get another one I'll take a picture of it.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves today. One box was a skunk, but the other was pretty freakin' nice!

The box had two 40% enders. A couple of rolls had three 40%ers in them. And one roll had a Ben and a 90% Kennedy!

Total keepers from the box was 23! My best box to date. What a great way to end the night and start the weekend, I've got two more boxes from this same branch to pick up tomorrow.

Total take:

1953D Ben
1964 x 5
1965 x 2
1966 x 2
1967 x 3
1968D x 5
1969D x 5

get-attachment.webp

8-) 8-) 8-)
 
Nice box 2 there MM! HH, Maverick.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves today. One box was a skunk, but the other was pretty freakin' nice!

The box had two 40% enders. A couple of rolls had three 40%ers in them. And one roll had a Ben and a 90% Kennedy!

Total keepers from the box was 23! My best box to date. What a great way to end the night and start the weekend, I've got two more boxes from this same branch to pick up tomorrow.

Total take:

1953D Ben
1964 x 5
1965 x 2
1966 x 2
1967 x 3
1968D x 5
1969D x 5

View attachment 781021

8-) 8-) 8-)


Awesome finds! I'm on a 6 box skunk streak this week. It's nice to know someone relatively close to me is getting good boxes.
 
I went through six skunk boxes myself this week, eight total boxes so far. I have boxes nine and ten in my possession right now, but they aren't the same as the ones I've been picking up all week.

These boxes are the typical Garda flat boxes with the yellow ink containing brown-and-black wrappers inside. They were part of my four-box order from the branch that I picked up that good box from yesterday. Two boxes Dunbar-style, two boxes Garda-style. Strange.

The good box from last night was a Dunbar-style box with yellow-and-white wrappers, stamped with a code even. The code stamped on top was "5141". Hopefully I can find more with that stamp on it.

Seems that there is no rhyme or reason to how or why these boxes come in like they do. :dontknow:
 
I went through six skunk boxes myself this week, eight total boxes so far. I have boxes nine and ten in my possession right now, but they aren't the same as the ones I've been picking up all week.

These boxes are the typical Garda flat boxes with the yellow ink containing brown-and-black wrappers inside. They were part of my four-box order from the branch that I picked up that good box from yesterday. Two boxes Dunbar-style, two boxes Garda-style. Strange.

The good box from last night was a Dunbar-style box with yellow-and-white wrappers, stamped with a code even. The code stamped on top was "5141". Hopefully I can find more with that stamp on it.

Seems that there is no rhyme or reason to how or why these boxes come in like they do. :dontknow:

A week or so ago I picked up a two box order from one branch. One box was the brown and black wraps and the other was the string and sons. It's definitely odd how the coins are coming now.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, snagged five 40%ers between them:

1966
1967
1968D x 2
1969
 
Picked up two boxes of halves + $11 in loose halves.

The loose halves were all 2003P, except for one. The exception was a 40%er: 1968D! 8-)

EDIT: the two boxes of halves were skunks.
 
Last edited:
I believe this belongs to you. It didn't travel far and it said 3/13 on the reverse.
mastermind.webp
 
Picked up a box of dimes and two boxes of halves yesterday.

Box of dimes was all 2013P except for one lone silver Roosie sitting smack dab in the middle of a roll near the middle of the box: 1955S.

How does that happen? :icon_scratch:

The two boxes of halves were both skunks.
 
OOOoooooh, Just got caught up on your post for this week... Good to hear the brown/black wrappers might be making a come around... I miss those so much

Did 6 orange ink boxes with skunk and sons wrappers in the past 2 days, only got 1 40%... ugh

Have alot of boxes today though, hope to see some brown wrappers again!

HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom