What's new

Huntin in 2013

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2012
Messages
2,266
Reaction score
1,754
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, both were skunks. Blah.
 
Upvote 0
Most of my half dollar orders fell through this week for some reason. Out of ten boxes ordered, only five have managed to come in. Picking up box five today. Guess I'll be doing more dimes this week.
 
Same here dude. I only got 3, out of 15!! lol.

I know atleast 2 are still waiting on me for tommorow, 4 boxes might be coming in tommorow, and another 4 could be sitting at the bank, but she didnt call me, so I dont know. Guess ill find out tommorow.

Had a good score out of the 3 boxes though, 1 skunked, 1 had a 64, and a 40%, the other had 6 64's, and 9 40%...

Those were orange ink boxes, skunk and sons wrappers

HH
 
Picked up a box of halves and two boxes of dimes yesterday.

The box of halves was a skunk.

One box of dimes was a skunk, all 2013P.

The second box of dimes gave up two keepers:

1941S Mercury
1964D Roosie

This week was slim pickings for me.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, snagged a 90%er and two 40%ers between the two of them:

1964
1966
1967
 
Crappy week for me.

0/6 on boxes of dimes.
0/2 on boxes of quarters.

I picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, between the two of them I managed to snag five 40%ers:

1967 x 2
1969D x 3

That puts me at 2/8 on boxes of halves this week. I have two more waiting to be searched, but they don't look promising. Will update later.

EDIT: the last two boxes from last week were also skunks. 2/10 on boxes of halves last week.
 
Last edited:
Hey MM, good luck with the last 2, don't let the no ender thing fool you, I had a box a few weeks back that had no enders and had 17 Bens in it and 1 Walker, ya never know! HH, Maverick.
 
I left my number with a teller a while back, like five or six months ago.

She called today, for the first time, and said they had two boxes of halves. However, just two weeks ago the lady told me she couldn't sell me coin because I didn't have an account. So, the call today was met with a little skepticism.

I picked up the boxes, and as she was handing them to me I noticed the boxes seemed kinda beat up.

I get out to my car and open them...

Someone's freakin' dumps! The boxes were "re-sealed" with double-sided tape. Each roll had one end just folded over.

UGH! :BangHead:

I knew I should have told the lady no thanks over the phone.
 
I left my number with a teller a while back, like five or six months ago.

She called today, for the first time, and said they had two boxes of halves. However, just two weeks ago the lady told me she couldn't sell me coin because I didn't have an account. So, the call today was met with a little skepticism.

I picked up the boxes, and as she was handing them to me I noticed the boxes seemed kinda beat up.

I get out to my car and open them...

Someone's freakin' dumps! The boxes were "re-sealed" with double-sided tape. Each roll had one end just folded over.

UGH! :BangHead:

I knew I should have told the lady no thanks over the phone.

haha - Goes to show...maybe we need to rip 'em open at the teller window, and then say "Opps, I need that cash for my babys diapers"
 
Ouch. .. I have been getting too many dumps like that.. I think someone is sending out a whole bunch of repackaged dumps because they can't use the coin counter. .. good luck this week.
Hh
 
Dumped the halves from yesterday and picked up two more boxes of halves + $2.00 in loose halves.

Skunked on the loose halves.

These boxes are the cube-style ones. Brown ink on the boxes, white-and-goldish/brown wrappers.

Stopped into one of my dump banks to do some real banking, decided to put the $2.00 in halves through the machine.

Snagged a keeper in the reject tray: 1958D Washington.

And the ticket from the machine said $2.40.

8-)
 
Dumped the halves from yesterday and picked up two more boxes of halves + $2.00 in loose halves.

Skunked on the loose halves.

These boxes are the cube-style ones. Brown ink on the boxes, white-and-goldish/brown wrappers.

Stopped into one of my dump banks to do some real banking, decided to put the $2.00 in halves through the machine.

Snagged a keeper in the reject tray: 1958D Washington.

And the ticket from the machine said $2.40.

8-)

Nice! Were the cube boxes from a "flat box" serviced bank?
 
Nice! Were the cube boxes from a "flat box" serviced bank?

Yes. The bank is supplied by Garda. I get these cube boxes every once in a while from my Garda-supplied banks.
 
You said it!

The cube-style boxes are almost as skunky as the Dunbar boxes for me.

Dunbar boxes: one 40%er in a year's time of searching them at one box per week.

Cube-style boxes: one 90%er and one 40%er in a years time of searching them. Probably only around 35 - 40 or so total boxes.
 
yea, i hear ya, brinks is almost as bad as dumbbar, also, i picked up my garda boxes today, both were the dark yellow skunky type boxes, and 2 solid 2013 dime boxes too :'( haha
 
I'm gonna test the waters with dimes later in the week. Last week was horrible for me, most boxes were solid 2013P. On top of that, the two times that I dumped the 2013P's into coin machines it was a huuuuuge hassle. Wasting my time during my lunch break, so that I couldn't pick up my halves.

The first machine's internal wheel wouldn't spin right because some of the dimes fell into the machinery or something like that, so said the teller that was helping me.

The other time the count was all off, counted half the dimes as pennies.

By the way, those two cube-style boxes were skunks.

0/4 on boxes of halves so far this week.
 
Half orders for today fell through. Picked up three boxes of dimes + $130 in CWR of halves instead.

Skunked on the CWR of halves.

Guess I'll be getting back into dimes sooner than I thought. None of the boxes are solid 2013's, so that's a plus.

However, I've noticed several of the dime boxes that I've picked up in the last two weeks had a stamp on the top:

CWI#496
MAY 2 2013
INSPECTED BY
#XXX5

Haven't seen that on Garda boxes before.
 
Last edited:
Two of the boxes of dimes from last night were skunks. The third gave up two keepers:

1927 Mercury
1957 Roosie
 
Dumped the dimes from last night. When I went to get my cash, I noticed AT LEAST five silver dimes and three silver quarters in the teller's tray. But, it was not to be; she saw me looking over at her tray and laughed, and said: "Don't even think about it! Those are mine!" Haha.

With that, I had forgotten to take out extra money. So I had to stop at a different branch on my way to picking up two boxes of halves. And I'm glad I did!

I threw 65 cents into the coin machine at the next branch. Heard some clanging around in the machine, so I stuck my hand in and pulled out two Ikes!

I checked the reject tray and lo and behold, found myself two half dollars:

1963 Ben
1967

8-)

My first 90%er found in a reject tray, and it was a Ben!

Not too shabby.
 
Picked up two boxes of halves yesterday, snagged a 1951S Ben between them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom