I believe I found a civil war belt buckle today...

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don’t know much about civil war relics but this buckle sure looks like many i have seen on this forum, it was about ten inches down at first I thought it was a big piece of copper until I seen the eagle on the front and about five feet away a huge religious medal witch was around 9 inches down... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535986966.350906.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535987002.083056.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535987015.402872.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535987032.422600.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535987049.421925.jpg

Upvote 40
yes i think it is nice find

Wow.......sure looks good to me. Congrats !! Bet it cleans up nice.

Looks legit to me!

Nice!!!!! Too bad it’s Yankee:icon_thumright:

Looks like the real deal to me. That is an awesome save. Bet it’s going to look great when cleaned up. Congrats

wow thats a beaty seems alot of thode are being found lately Im gonna need one of those amazing

Sword belt plate, Yankee flavor. Real nice find. But if I may offer some unsolicited advice, err on the side of caution and only clean it lightly, toothpick and dry toothbrush level cleaning. I hate seeing nice artifacts over-cleaned and looking like something from a cheap novelty store.

Sword belt plate, Yankee flavor. Real nice find. But if I may offer some unsolicited advice, err on the side of caution and only clean it lightly, toothpick and dry toothbrush level cleaning. I hate seeing nice artifacts over-cleaned and looking like something from a cheap novelty store.
I have it soaking in warm water and mild dish soap and using a tooth brush to remove the dirt thanks for the info...

Hi, wow great find. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

Ok with just some lite cleaning this what I got , should I coat it with some olive oil?ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1536006256.906491.jpg or should I clean it more?

Wow, amazing find. I have never even dreamed of finding one. Well done!

I've dreamed of digging one & I live where many have been found lol.

Still you never know 'even in Washington ST.

Ok with just some lite cleaning this what I got , should I coat it with some olive oil?View attachment 1628254 or should I clean it more?

IMO
I'd leave it like that for awhile , & wait util you know the perfect way to do it & have the confidence.

It looks great now .

WTG on a "G.I.S". Lister in my collection.

Wow, that's a nice one. Of coarse any one is a nice one.Congrats :icon_thumright:

Wow very nice! A bucket lister for sure! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Congrats to you sir! Heck of a find at the park!

Thanks Buddy I think I will just leave it be ..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back