75.6 KB · Views: 103
  • image-3644446765.jpg
    image-3644446765.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 102
  • image-457977695.jpg
    image-457977695.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 0
Pic #5 shows on the site I just looked at as being Early Woodland and the other were Late Woodland periods. The area where I hunt and find pottery its all over the time frames from stone bowl all the way to Mississippian. Its not unusual to find more than 1 period in a good location. I bet you had fun.

You and few thousand others haha can't drive on ice without studs or chains

...not glazed you say but just wet, thanks for letting me know that. I thought it was glazed because it looked like the one Tn sent me that is shiny....so guess there are some like that, wonder why...:dontknow:

If you read back gator had a response about the shiny stuff I am far from an expert on this stuff but I'm learning ;)

...not glazed you say but just wet, thanks for letting me know that. I thought it was glazed because it looked like the one Tn sent me that is shiny....so guess there are some like that, wonder why...:dontknow:

Kat sometimes I pull out better pieces to frame in shadow boxes and will sometimes poly them with a satin. My bad I may have sent you one or two that I fancied for framing. Probably not the best thing to do but I like it.

My uncle tells of when he was a young man living on the family farm in henderson county illinois.They use to dig irrigation ditches by hand.He said they used to find whole pots.They would set them up on the ground while they finished digging.After the sun hit them they crumbled.Indian artifacts back in the day just werent very important to farmers.He said they had an indian mound on the family property that was big enough that their tractor could barely climb it.Now when i go back there it is just a bump in the field.Theres alot of sand in the dirt and theres barely any mound left.

:)...wow, feeling lucky to have gotten one of Tn's fancy hand polished pottery shards....I like that...thanks for telling me Tn....makes it extra special!

The two pieces in center of third pic, are they pieces of daub? Awesome finds, Thanks for showing.

I don't really know they are very thick does that help 68

Very interesting thanks for the information 68 that gets me excited !!!!!!

Haha yes we did as well I love that they are freshened up ;) I have yet to find pottery in a creek I think it gets hammered pretty good in our creeks .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back