What's new

I have no idea. Found in backyard. *SOLVED*

Marlon Brando

Greenie
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
So I dug this up in my backyard about half an hour ago. It actually feels like it's made out of plastic but has a real thin piece of metal on the outside lip. The lip is threaded on the outside, about the size of a quarter and the top says "Royal Crystal". I googled this and couldn't find anything that really helped. I scanned the hole but didn't register anything else. Any ideas?
 

Attachments

  • pic2.webp
    pic2.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 331
  • pic1.webp
    pic1.webp
    33.5 KB · Views: 318
Re: I have no idea. Found in backyard.

Looks like the older style breaker fuse for house electric.

Nova Treasure
 
Upvote 0
Re: I have no idea. Found in backyard.

Sounds like it's an old breaker base....swing and a miss! Thanks everyone :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
Re: I have no idea. Found in backyard.

traderoftreasures said:
old screw in fuse.... eljunko'
Yep. Its a one time use fuse thats missing the metal screw in base. There should be a number on top. It will be either 15, 20, 25, or 30 AMP. Its glass. Many old homes still use them today. Here is a pic of glass fuses. The inside 2 fuses are newer time delay type.
 

Attachments

  • fusebox.webp
    fusebox.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom