I THINK I JUST DUG A GW BUTTON IN CANADA!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will say one thing.... (or a 10th thing i guess) .... I'd rather it be tough and have to fight for some, than the thinking be.... oh he doesn't have a banner, let's give him one to keep him a happy poster. But on the other hand it does sound like one of the rules is being picked and applied to some degree to keep it off, and it does not seem justified. So the thing has a couple of holes..... that didn't stop Bill's Baltimore coin! :)

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will say one thing.... (or a 10th thing i guess) .... I'd rather it be tough and have to fight for some, than the thinking be.... oh he doesn't have a banner, let's give him one to keep him a happy poster. But on the other hand it does sound like one of the rules is being picked and applied to some degree to keep it off, and it does not seem justified. So the thing has a couple of holes..... that didn't stop Bill's Baltimore coin! :)

If it's worthy put the damn thing up. Why does anything else have to be part of this process? A great Tnet member just made a killer find somewhere we would not expect it. Holes add character to these finds. How else would I display my tree coin? It hangs off a piece of fishing line from my neck!!!! I encourage you to do the same Pep. The young ladies love it [emoji12]

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They 'maybe' thinking this one:
''Members campaigning for votes for themselves or others ruins threads.
Do Not Do IT ''

I was thinking of this one also but in the defence of most if not all the banners folks write their VOTE FOR BANNER and many personal variations of why/should. So does this make it campaigning, badgering, or simple passion for the find? I see them as the latter and neither of the first two examples.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's worthy put the damn thing up. Why does anything else have to be part of this process? A great Tnet member just made a killer find somewhere we would not expect it. Holes add character to these finds. How else would I display my tree coin? It hangs off a piece of fishing line from my neck!!!! I encourage you to do the same Pep. The young ladies love it [emoji12]

So that is what has been weighing you down from making great finds this Fall. ;)

Better holes and clear detail than rotted and trace detail!

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
JB, you do not see banner reports, you have no way of knowing if there is one vote or 50....

Thread is not about the banner....

TH I agree with we don't know what happens behind the scenes and what number of votes a find gets, but it's hard for the membership to grasp a post being up for a very short period of time and only a few replies and it flies up. I don't understand the last line you wrote?

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey look at this awesome stamp I just found!!! Lol

Attachments

• 1451230383940.jpg
    1451230383940.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 46

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread is about the find, it is not about being or not being on the banner.

There are finds where we get 20+ banner votes in very, very short time...

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
I have followed this from the beginning....I have read every reply...I voted banner...I figured it was going up on top...just because of all the interest from the people on the forum.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

So what are you saying, that the thread is only should contain only subject matter regarding the find and nothing else? Nor should the BANNER be discussed in any form in a thread? So if another member mentions the Banner it's a black mark on the OP's find and no longer be considered for the Banner? Some what confusing this whole thing to me.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have followed this from the beginning....I have read every reply...I voted banner...I figured it was going up on top...just because of all the interest from the people on the forum.

Brian, I'm pretty sure many others have done the same and are thinking the same as you, something just didn't fit right.:dontknow:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

How many "banner votes" has "the find" gotten? Guarantee its been more than 20....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We never reveal how many votes are cast.

As stated earlier thread is not about banner....The posts about why it is not on banner are off topic....

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim I've told you countless times don't dig a GW with holes in it because you won't get on the banner! And here you are and look what has happened.

PS: No bends in the Chain Cent! Got it?

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jim I've told you countless times don't dig a GW with holes in it because you won't get on the banner! And here you are and look what has happened.

PS: No bends in the Chain Cent! Got it?

Ok I get it now, I should of listened to you, never will I dig another one again that so beat up. Yes the Chain Cent will be straight and crisp. Please feel free to knock some sense into this thick skull what was I thinking. :violent1:

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

As stated earlier thread is not about banner....The posts about why it is not on banner are off topic....

For what its worth.... I told my wife that a guy found a rare GW inaugural button.... in all places, Canada!!! She was so impressed with the miniscule chance that such a rare American relic could be found so many years later, in another country... she was all "Wow!!! He should get special recognition from TreasureNet!" and I was like "yea, he should"

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
For what its worth.... I told my wife that a guy found a rare GW inaugural button.... in all places, Canada!!! She was so impressed with the miniscule chance that such a rare American relic could be found so many years later, in another country... she was all "Wow!!! He should get special recognition from TreasureNet!" and I was like "yea, he should"

Thank the wife for me Dave, she even knows what's rare and unique.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She has learnt well grasshopper.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

So postings on why it should be up on the Banner are given the :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread