What's new

If you found a large treasure....would you be willing to prove it to others?

Why would you have to prove anything? I hardly post pics now myself.
 
Good morning Peeps:

Hypothetical question, what would you do if you actually found a treasure that is so large that it simply cannot be recovered or moved clandestinely, safely, or without legal permits, yet the permits which are necessary, involve many governmental departments , and they are extremely slow in being given, or not even answered at all??

Drinking yourself into skid row is not acceptable, but considered.

Don Jose de La Mancha
 
Real de Tayopa said:
Good morning Peeps:

Hypothetical question, what would you do if you actually found a treasure that is so large that it simply cannot be recovered or moved clandestinely, safely, or without legal permits, yet the permits which are necessary, involve many governmental departments , and they are extremely slow in being given, or not even answered at all??

Drinking yourself into skid row is not acceptable, but considered.

Don Jose de La Mancha

My friend, forget it - the stuff they have in Ft. Knox is not booty to be recovered by any means..................You will have to set your sights elsewhere ;D

Diggem'
 
allo peeps: shucks I always thought that treasure hunters were a special breed of optimistic peeps Ones that can surmount any obstacle (except for a hot date with mi TT, snifff)

In this "hypothetical" case, the battle has just begun. You must remember that we Irish are known for a certain characteristic, often associated with mules.

Don Jose de La Mancha
 
Timberwolf said:
There is something interesting going on in the KGC forum.

One guy claims to know where a large KGC treasure is hidden, and right away a handful of guys are expecting him to prove it.
I realize that one of their beefs is, that he is selling his book(s), to finance the recovery of said treasure.
I don't know that I agree with their beef, but regardless of what I think, this brings up a question in my mind.

How many of you would be willing to show proof of a large treasure that you have recovered?

Anyone?

I have a few projects that I am working on.
If and when I make a recovery....I don't plan on sharing proof of what I have found.
These guys are wanting documented evidence of this guys research and recovery.
I wonder how many of them would be willing to do the same?

Hmmmm....maybe this should be in the Rants forum.

Let me just say that I am talking about a completely legal recovery here, with the land owner's permission.

Anyway, I would like to hear your thoughts are on this.

Thanks,

Timberwolf




If there is treasure out there, find a way to find it without rearing heads of jealousy.
The best way to lose friends is to let them believe you have $2.00 more in your pocket than they do.
 
TW, In my opinion the people who always demand proof are control freaks. They attempt to goad folks into saying things in anger that they really shouldn't reveal. Sometimes this results in the loss of a hard won treasure and sometimes it lets the nay sayer do some claim jumping. Many of them seem to think that people should care what they think. Doesn't matter whether we are talking about dowsing; bigfoot; UFOs or treasure hunting the usual suspects appear with the same attitude in all forums. Would you let your neighbors tell you what color to paint your house? siegfried schlagrule
 
1 person my brother
 
Siegfried Schlagrule said:
TW, In my opinion the people who always demand proof are control freaks. They attempt to goad folks into saying things in anger that they really shouldn't reveal. Sometimes this results in the loss of a hard won treasure and sometimes it lets the nay sayer do some claim jumping. Many of them seem to think that people should care what they think. Doesn't matter whether we are talking about dowsing; bigfoot; UFOs or treasure hunting the usual suspects appear with the same attitude in all forums.


Others reading these forums aren't trying to "git yer treasure" or be control freaks. They are simply requesting that you should be prepared to show some proof if you are going to make certain claims

Remember, the burden of proof lies with the one doing the claiming.

If you truly found a treasure, and don't want to let anyone know, or if you will be offended if folks don't automatically believe your story don't post anything at all about it


Would you let your neighbors tell you what color to paint your house?

That doesn't relate, but no I wouldn't.


Jay
 
Saturna said:
Remember, the burden of proof lies with the one doing the claiming.

Only in a court of law, which this isn't. No one is required to show proof of ANYTHING.
 
Saturna said:
Others reading these forums aren't trying to "git yer treasure" or be control freaks. They are simply requesting that you should be prepared to show some proof if you are going to make certain claims

History proves differently
There are instances recently where even the posting of a specific sign or set of symbols has created a barage of inquiring emails and unwanted PMs .
all asking where, what , who ....etc.

The vultures and unwanted elements are here.
Don't kid yourself.

Thom
 
It depends on..If it would be of "national interest" or similar then I would report it to the authorities.
(You could sit in jail if you'd not report it here in Sweden)

Other then that I'd keep my mouth shut, even to my hunting partner when it comes to "valuable finds" I don't know if I could trust him, greed can get the best of almost anyone.
 
A little over five years ago my wife and I were on Hwy 80 in West Monroe La. The wife said very excitedly "LOOK AT THAT". At a house on the North side of the road, was a rubber tire backhoe with a large chest hanging from the bucket by chains. Dirt was falling from the chest as the backhoe made a hastily retreat to the backyard and out of sight. There was a black pickup with a trailer hooked behind it with the load ramps still out. My wife saw the chest being lifted from the back of the truck. There were two men and one woman, who where also making a hasty retreat and it was obvious that they were all very excited over something. This was on a four lane road and I was not able to get turned around before all had disappeared from site. The next day as I was driving by the same location I saw the man that was driving the backhoe in the yard. This was during the time I was researching metal detectors, so I pull in and introduced myself. I asked what type of metal detector did he use. He stated that he did not know what I meant. I explained that I saw the chest being unloaded and I simply wanted to know what type of detecting equipment he used. He got very upset, Told the that chest came off of his land, turned and walked into the house. This was a house only one block from where I lived at the time. There was always two to three autos park at all times. The next day the place was vacated, and no for sale sign went up. For the next year that we lived there, we never saw a person at the residence. Did not mean to scare the guy off and if you are on this page, I apologise for my ignorance.
 
I think I would have covered it with a blanket or something. But then again, in the excitement of such a find, who knows.
 
Read it again, didn't say he dug it up next to a fourlane hwy. He did unload it next to one. My guess is he found it by accident while doing work with the backhoe. Panic and ran for the hills with is find. PS, not a story, come to Louisiana and I will be glad to retrace the steps and even knock on the door. The good thing about telling the truth is you don't have to remember what you said. :thumbsup:
 
No offense taken Timberwolf. I am with you as I am very envious of the find. Can only imagine what it would feel like to open that chest. I personally know of two major finds, one was by accident and the other by info passed down by slaves to their descendants. You will be surprise whats in some of those old slave graveyards.
 
GrayCloud said:
No offense taken Timberwolf. I am with you as I am very envious of the find. Can only imagine what it would feel like to open that chest. I personally know of two major finds, one was by accident and the other by info passed down by slaves to their descendants. You will be surprise whats in some of those old slave graveyards.

Very interesting. Are these finds something you could post in "Treasure found"? They don't have to be your personal finds.
 
My mother used to say a closed mouth makes a wise head ... so with that in mind only my wife would know what i found...
 
I hope you all know I've got some love in me for this site and most of it's members but this is the last place I'd say anything about a large treasure. I'd be to worried about the consequences or having it taken away for one reason or another.

sparkymaster
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom