What's new

Im bored

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I guess I will show some of my better finds from the past year well actually 8 months. All the fields are planted and I cant do any hunts at this time. I guess I will take up fishing for the summer and maybe if I get permission swing the MD some. Feel free to post your favorites if you like. Be safe on the 4th everyone! HH, rock
 

Attachments

  • 100_2960.webp
    100_2960.webp
    200.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 100_2961.webp
    100_2961.webp
    148.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 100_2966.webp
    100_2966.webp
    192.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_2967.webp
    100_2967.webp
    186.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_3058.webp
    100_3058.webp
    112.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_3413.webp
    100_3413.webp
    272.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_2904.webp
    100_2904.webp
    121.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_2954.webp
    100_2954.webp
    162.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 100_3067.webp
    100_3067.webp
    138.5 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_2788.webp
    100_2788.webp
    164.2 KB · Views: 114
  • 100_3204.webp
    100_3204.webp
    162.3 KB · Views: 103
Upvote 0
rock.gif
Nice collection rock.
 
Nice ones Rock- I plan on some metal detecting to in the near future
 
:unhappysmiley: You may want to see if you can find a ''board-stretcher'' :icon_scratch: ?



Just trying to stimulate your thought process! :laughing7:!

But on a serious thought, you have a nice assemblage of artifacts! :icon_thumright:
 
When I was fifteen I was told to go to the truck and get a wire stretcher while on an electrical construction job... I dug through that van for twenty minutes looking for "the thing with two handles" that my boss knew "I would know it when I saw it" ... LOL.
 
im an ironworker, my first job I was on about 16 years ago I was the fetch it boy for a couple of journeyman. they had me runnin back and forth to the tool room, some tools I was familiar with others I didn't have a clue I would just remember the name and tell the tool room guy . on the second or third day on the job they sent me after an assortment of tools one being a air hook, one being a box of A.I.R. neither one exsist. of course I hustled down to the tool room, ill never forget the look I got from the tool room guy when I read off my list of tools I needed. the good thing is im still using that same trick on young punks still and it works just as well as it did on me years ago.
 
LOL! Those are good ones Gator and Musky!

I remember when I was in the Army years ago that the new guys got to go look for things and attempt to obtain them from supply such as "a roll of flight line" (so that an aircraft could land) or "a box of grid squares for the map" or perhaps my favorite - "a bottle of squelch for the radio to work right" Kept them busy for a little while and a little smarter later!
 
Nice ones Rock- I plan on some metal detecting to in the near future

Yeah there is an old home probably 1940-1950 time frame on the property I am allowed to hunt on. I am going to ask the owner if I can swing the MD around the yard the only thing is all the glass is broken and the house is in bad shape kinda leaning. The foundation is creek cobbles and then the house sits on top of that. I believe it is the owners home he might of grew up in when he was a little boy. No telling what I might find. Never know unless you ask. Wish me luck, rock
 
When I was fifteen I was told to go to the truck and get a wire stretcher while on an electrical construction job... I dug through that van for twenty minutes looking for "the thing with two handles" that my boss knew "I would know it when I saw it" ... LOL.

I'm sure it was right beside the "sky hooks" and "muffler bearings"! Speaking of muffler bearings, I think I need to replace mine. I think I'll go to autozone in the morning and see if they have any in stock.😏
 
Or, go get two feet of "shore line" while working setting docks at a marina.
 
You guys cant stay on track can you? :tongue3:
 
While on board the USS Enterprise back in 1972-73 we would send the newbies to the supply room for 50' of chow line or a bulkhead remover. Never failed to get them!
 
You did say you were bored.
 
Yeah its funny. I am bored but back to work tomorrow.
 
Well... I was bored when I took this photo..does that count?

ForumRunner_20130702_202513.webp

Take some time while your not hunting to scout for better areas.. always be looking.
 
I will and have but all have crops on them rite now. I dont see the sense to ask to look on the fields till they have been removed and are bare again. Fall is coming in a few months then the hunt will be on again.
 
I will and have but all have crops on them rite now. I dont see the sense to ask to look on the fields till they have been removed and are bare again. Fall is coming in a few months then the hunt will be on again.

I'm sort of in the same boat so to speak. Fields are planted, creek is too high to hunt and is muddy. So, I started re-doing my artifact rooms and moving stuff around in frames. I want to freshen up the collection display. Keeps me busy during the down time. Plus, I'm doing some reading up about a new possible site to hunt.
 
Hold the phone on that "fall" thing Rock...lets enjoy summer and we will be back when the crops are harvested. I hope you get some fishing and yakking in this summer. I hope your catch some big smallies.(Oxymoron) The river here is just now down enough to get the kayaks out and check the banks and bars for artifacts and try for some walleyes and bass as well!
Take care everyone, have a safe fourth and I really appreciate all your posts!!
BCI
I will and have but all have crops on them rite now. I dont see the sense to ask to look on the fields till they have been removed and are bare again. Fall is coming in a few months then the hunt will be on again.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom