I'm reaching the breaking point with Oak Island ...how bout you ?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, its just a TV show. Everyone should lighten up and relax. Enjoy the story they are telling or turn to a different channel :skullflag:

The problem is (other than I have no life in winter and therefore way too much time to watch and mock bad television shows) is that they aren't telling any stories. Same stuff every week. I am beginning to think they only filmed three scenes - War Room, digging big holes with big equipment, and wading around in the swamp. Then they just throw a cut of each into each episode with an occasional fake find to keep us hanging on.

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is (other than I have no life in winter and therefore way too much time to watch and mock bad television shows) is that they aren't telling any stories. Same stuff every week. I am beginning to think they only filmed three scenes - War Room, digging big holes with big equipment, and wading around in the swamp. Then they just throw a cut of each into each episode with an occasional fake find to keep us hanging on.

They are going back to 10x this week. That is the most played out hole ever. Good week to skip....

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still hanging in there like a true sucker. I'm into self induced mental pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not so bad if you keep expectations very low...Lol

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Ladies and gentlemen? I humbly request that you take a break from the show. Just set it aside and find something else to watch. It will do your patience (and by extension, your blood pressure) some good.

If they find something, you'll sure as hell hear about it via other sources and will likely enjoy skipping all the pap between now and then. If they find nothing of significance - and I suspect that they will find exactly that, nothing of significance - you'll have wasted no time on watching them dig up common Spanish coins and railroad stakes.

It won't contribute to the health of this thread, but it may improve your mood. Please consider it.

I haven't watched it since December of 2014, and I only did that because I was hospitalized and there was literally nothing more interesting to watch while I twisted and squirmed in that abominable bed. That was my first and only overnight stay in a hospital, and it is something that I don't wish to repeat. This was partially due to watching this show. If something important is discovered, I'll be watching it along with you. Until then...meh.

tl;dr version: watching this show is like being hospitalized. Don't do it unless you must, and then do what needs to be done in order to not repeat the experience.

goldpeeps

Jul 22, 2011
Ladies and gentlemen? I humbly request that you take a break from the show. Just set it aside and find something else to watch. It will do your patience (and by extension, your blood pressure) some good.

If they find something, you'll sure as hell hear about it via other sources and will likely enjoy skipping all the pap between now and then. If they find nothing of significance - and I suspect that they will find exactly that, nothing of significance - you'll have wasted no time on watching them dig up common Spanish coins and railroad stakes.

It won't contribute to the health of this thread, but it may improve your mood. Please consider it.

I haven't watched it since December of 2014, and I only did that because I was hospitalized and there was literally nothing more interesting to watch while I twisted and squirmed in that abominable bed. That was my first and only overnight stay in a hospital, and it is something that I don't wish to repeat. This was partially due to watching this show. If something important is discovered, I'll be watching it along with you. Until then...meh.

tl;dr version: watching this show is like being hospitalized. Don't do it unless you must, and then do what needs to be done in order to not repeat the experience.

I understand the network is considering Kokoweef and underground river of gold next season. Welcome to 2017 :laughing7:

Harvest

Apr 6, 2008
Daytona Beach, Fl.
Detector(s) used
Whites SL90, Surf PI, Minelab Excalibur 800
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It should be called The Cow Curse of Oak Island because they have been milking it so long all you hear every week if I could this be a coin from a Spanish Soldier couldn't be so lost cold I couldn't possibly be a lost Year from the Mickey Mouse club we found what could be wood ,an island full of trees right okay if they would have found something it would have been in the news already you got it guys come on it's a scam I've been treasure hunting for 45 years they used cheap metal detectors 1 foot down , there not even using the two box or a white TDI or any other deep seeking metal detector are any ground-penetrating radar I really can't qualify any of their so-called experts have fun finding nothing guys, oh I almost forgot they are looking for the Lost manuscript of Shakespeare right vellum paper in water for 200 years or buried in the ground that is about the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does it make any sense if you are hiding a treasure in the 17th century , to dig down 200 feet What's wrong with two feet down ( or one for that matter ?) I get sucked in because they sometimes do surface detecting - then I feel like such a sucker ! Anybody else getting disgusted with this nonsense ?

I am with you for sure. I don't follow them anymore. I can find more significant finds in my own back yard. They are milking this thing beyond reason.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with you for sure. I don't follow them anymore. I can find more significant finds in my own back yard. They are milking this thing beyond reason.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This show has been boring for many seasons. Due to water problems, the brothers will not recover the treasure that is there. Good hunting and good luck.

blackchipjim

Dec 25, 2016
ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw a little bit of an episode and they had to go back to square one. If the Templars buried anything there it will be found eventually. I am amazed at the amount of time and money some people have to invest in legends. Yes my wife was asking a ton of questions and that doomed watching that show for me if for nothing else.

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe, you can start your own show. We be watching.

Yeah, I can join the countless others, some good, others, not so good, sharing their hunts on YouTube.com. My sister just gave me her old GoPro. LOL. I'll record my hunts at an awesome 40 acre property as soon as this water stops falling from the sky.

Any good hunt is worth sharing.

HH
MariposaGold.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Last night they Left me having no Doubt they are trying to Scam new investors.

like Gold Rush last season.
This will be my Last season for Oak Island. no matter what,
Because even if they produce something from the hole.
I will be convinced it was Planted . & it no longer appears to be a real
Treasure Hunting Show.

I'll try to finish out the season, because I hate stopping in the Middle.
but the More I watch,
The more I feel Rick is a Fool & Marty his Play thing.

Or they are a Pair of Scammers.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff...
Don't miss this next one !

I heard they found something yesterday...

Starbucks coffee cup from 1995 !

:P

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man i wish people could see the $$$ advertising brings in, even if your show is garbage as long as enough people have it on... 6 digits + a piece

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I have renamed this debacle " Rehash Island" I only watch the last 10 minutes. Because they rehash 50 minutes from the previous episode, Then you get teasers for the last 10 minutes (to make you) visit again next week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread