I'm reaching the breaking point with Oak Island ...how bout you ?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have gary drayton now and he has already found more coinage in a half an episode than anyone has found in the last 100 years. If you dont know who he is than look him up. Im watching now just because he is swinging his detector for them. The guy is a legend on the treasure coast of florida, and if anyone in the world is gonna find treasure on that island it will be gary drayton !! I have to watch because he is probably one of the best metal detectorists in the world. If there is a gold object on this island then it will be gary that finds it.i respect garys skills and he is the only reason im watching now.like I said he has found more in a half episode than all the other episodes combined. If you want a reason to turn it on then it should be to watch a living legend swing his mine lab. The rest of the show..... well.... ya whatever !!!!

OP
OP
A

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do agree with you Black Bart , nauseated though I am with the show , I really only tuned in because they teased us with Gary finding some coins and other goodies with his Minelab . I guess I could just turn the volume off , drink heavily, and wait for the metal detectors to come out !

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its called irritainment for a reason...and this thread confirms.

NOW there are coins on the island, just as they bring in a metal detector...who would have thought..and coins are found after this?

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1247650&d=1450287126

Holy cow looks like the trinity atomic test site !!!!
I gotta admit that even gary cant belive that the spike was anything more than a common railroad spike. !! Spanish galleon decking ?? What....?? You gotta be kidding me.!! Im no expert by any means but that seemed like quite a strech.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can have fun with the show.

Line up your buddies and a bunch of shots and slam one whenever you hear one of these words or phrases.

Pirate
Coconut
Templer
Sinclair
Vault
Dead-end
"But it has vanished"
"And if so"
10X
Swamp
Shakespeare
"Seven must die"
Spanish Galleon
Tunnel
"Back to the drawing board"

Or jumble them up in a 5 x 5 grid and make Bingo cards!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Line up your buddies and a bunch of shots and slam one whenever you hear one of these words or phrases.

Pirate
Coconut
Templer
Sinclair
Vault
Dead-end
"But it has vanished"
"And if so"
10X
Swamp
Shakespeare
"Seven must die"
Spanish Galleon
Tunnel

Wow !!!! Now thats a good reason to tune in. I like that idea. Maybe we can all play live here on t-net. Best idea ive herd all week !!!

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look Oak Island is the grateful dead song "box of rain" believe it if you need it if you don't just pass it on..
It's fun to think of the possibilities but the most likely outcome is a shutout. Man I hope they find something cool though. Isn't that the defect that makes us all join a site like this?

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look Oak Island is the grateful dead song "box of rain" believe it if you need it if you don't just pass it on..
It's fun to think of the possibilities but the most likely outcome is a shutout. Man I hope they find something cool though. Isn't that the defect that makes us all join a site like this?

Yup !!! Your right. Every one of us has at least taken a small peek at the show for just that reason. Good point !!!!

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When that which you seek is found, that story is over.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Pirate
Coconut
Templer
Sinclair
Vault
Dead-end
"But it has vanished"
"And if so"
10X
Swamp
Shakespeare
"Seven must die"
Spanish Galleon
Tunnel

OMG, those had better be beer shots or people are going to get alcohol poisoning! :laughing9: :occasion14:

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a good song. I am at work jamming to some Dead. Oh, and some Black Sabbath.

Gotrek

Nov 26, 2008
Can they say "Could it Be" more often? They should call the show that... Could it be.

I am a long term Oak Island Addict. Ever since I read a science fiction book in Elementary school about it. But the show is garbage.

Pretty sure Oak island was just some place people were fishing from or making salt from nothing more. Every time they drop a camera in a hole, yep another normal limestone cave just like every other island around there.

(but I'm still gonna watch it :) )

Last edited:

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like it shoud be called Joke Island.

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like so many shows like this, they are bad actors, so very scripted, I cant stand it
I don't waste my time
IMO
Brady

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, its just a TV show. Everyone should lighten up and relax. Enjoy the story they are telling or turn to a different channel :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions