I'm reaching the breaking point with Oak Island ...how bout you ?

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't bother with much TV but IMO whatever treasure is or was on Oak Island has already been found. The show is just dragging y'all through the process.
The couple of times I tried to watch Diggers I had to mute the TV. Couldn't stand hearing men scream like school girls. And who ever calls anything nectar?
TV is a huge life waster me thinks.

Monk

Sep 10, 2004
Where ever my coffee cup lands
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280X
Come on guys! There is a real treasure there and these fellows are going about it right. THEIR PUTTING A LOT OF MONEY INTO FINDING IT. and their smart to show their operation on T.V. to help with the expense of the dig, where we get to watch in real time. Treasure hunting takes as long as it takes. Sometimes we get lucky and make a find and other times we don't, but that's part of the game. Hopefully they can come up with the answer one way or the other about Oak Island that the world has so long wanted to know.

Jerry311

Nov 3, 2011
Ramona CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking the same thing

Do you really think they dugg down 200 feet to hide somthing and add the water traps ?
Im finding the show kinda hard to belive.

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real question is not if they are going to find something at the bottom.

The real question is will the final reveal be something planted?

To quote the two metal detecting bad role models, "Is there roundage in the hole?"

Maybe they can get Geraldo Rivera to narrate the final episode for the big reveal.

P.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the only thing that can save that show is trump

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's the last episode of the season right? They gotta give us a lil meat on the bone tonight, right?
I hope so. Watching last weeks enhanced version for even more of the Narrator! I might count how many times he saya, " Whats that? A Blah blah blah, made by the Templars???? Or another saying.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
is that a GMC suv? Could it have been left by the templars? Or was it Captain Kidd's island vehicle?

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to say it but I bet they don't find anything this season ether ......

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep, just as expected... they find nothing so they have to go to the next crack-pot theory to pad out the show. Anything to keep the money train rolling

gemee

Jul 31, 2004
California
Hate to be a whiner,..but this absolutely breaks my heart. I have waited my entire life,..hoping that the day would come where the mystery of this damn island and the money pit would be solved. Like so many others,..as a kid I read that legendary Reader's Digest article back in the 60's,..and was HOOKED. What a let-down!!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to be a whiner,..but this absolutely breaks my heart. I have waited my entire life,..hoping that the day would come where the mystery of this damn island and the money pit would be solved. Like so many others,..as a kid I read that legendary Reader's Digest article back in the 60's,..and was HOOKED. What a let-down!!

The reality is that there was probably nothing ever there. If anything was there, it was dug up and removed in the first years. Everything in the following hundreds of years has been to try to lure in the next group of investors. Greed and fantasy out-weigh logic in this.

The result is that there is nothing to be found today, its all just a live-action fantasy show.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got done watching tonight show, with many lies. The brothers said that their money is running out, but it is not their money but Canada money. Then men took a trip to see a large rock which was a waste of my time. As stated by many members including myself, no treasures will be recovered this season or never. Next week, the show will be boring, but I will be watching because I am tire of watching paint dry. Good hunting and good luck.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a reality show guys, the object is to stay on the air, get paid by the channel who in turn sell advertising time to make more money to make a profit.
Have you noticed how many commercials run during this thing?
It seems to me a few more than others but I might be wrong.
After the first reality shows appeared and they figured out how much cheaper these are to produce than regular content that has been the tube since tv began the doors were opened, the dam broke and now we have what we are seeing today...more reality shows than any other kinds.
Especially on the secondary channels.

Lots of people believe American Idol and all its incantations around the world was a show about making stars of unknowns that couldn't catch a break any other way.
It never was...it was always designed to be a product to make money and it did this in a huge way hand over fist for both Fox and the show's producers.
From the crazy amounts they charged for ad time, and got, to the money they received from every phone call when fans called in to vote this was a money making machine of the highest order...what happened to the participants was always secondary, and then they figured out how to make a ton of money off the top ten and the winners anyway after the season was over.

On other reality shows like the dating ones, the screwed up family ones, those kid beauty pageant shows, the housewives, the hair dressers and most others it is the drama orchestrated by the producers that they believe will suck people in and bring them back week after week.
And most of it is scripted and orchestrated if you read any of the behind the scenes articles about all of them.
It must work...way too many of them stay on the air way too long.

On these treasure hunting shows they have to show something, some progress or people will just get bored and quit watching.
On this show the progress is very slow or they use a hint of a clue and embellish that to extremes to make us think they are making progress.

A dagger with ties to the Knights, a coin, an odd piece of metal from a deep hole, coconut fiber from a site with no coconut trees...all really nothing but they try to make you think it could be something.

The episode where they go looking though basements of old buildings was weird but it filled up most of an episode.
How many divers are they going to send down those holes looking for anything that might be important but haven't found as yet?

The experts come on and always find some sort of clue, I might be mistaken but I have heard that most Minelabs need to swung slow to get deep and lock on targets well, funny how theirs was swinging his in wide paths missing much real estate at a speed that reminds me of a hockey player speeding down the ice on a fast break.
Still managed to find metal, surprisingly.

Did anyone catch the one where relatives of the first three that dug a hole on that island in an indentation in the earth under a tree showed up with a small gold cross to show the brothers?
Supposedly it came from one of the three treasure chests those original three found when they dug that first hole...that treasure chest information was new and oddly came at a time when all their efforts still showed nothing and the show was becoming even more boring than usual.

I watch this show because despite it all it still is slightly interesting to me, not in a great enjoyment way but more of a passing by a car wreck on the side of the road and I am forced to look, sort of thing.
I am not proud of that but I am human and for one hour at night in the middle of the week try as I might I still can't seem to find anything better to do.

Maybe one day they will actually find some real treasure, maybe those Treasure Island people too.
It could be Todd Hoffman will eventually stop being a clueless, hopeless asshat and be successful, and Parker will grow up, stop going into hysterics when problems arise and learn to get along with human beings as well as he does with his dog.
We can only hope.

On the other hand I see ads now where they are bringing back to tv that train wreck pedophile loving pig of a mother of that Honey Boo Boo kid so the human race as a whole still might be doomed.

As they say..."That's Entertainment!"
Or at least what passes for it in the 21st century.

You can say that again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know, if you look close when they are metal detecting, the soil has already been disturbed right where they start to dig almost every time. Its like the hole was already dug and covered up. Not sure that means they dug a hole and planted something or found something off camera and put it back to record finding it on camera.

Thoughts?

earl&patricia

Jan 12, 2017
Conroe, TX
Detector(s) used
AT PRO; ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well the way i look at it is, people search all the time for treasures all over the world just because of rumors, tales, and old stories. Some search the same places for years and years, stop and later others come and search the same areas for many more years and so on... then one one will come by and hit it for the first time and hit the jackpot. I do not think they are going to find anything myself, but just hearing the history of the island is really interesting. but you have to admit finding wood that far down is pretty odd, but me being a christian, have me thinking alot of that wood could have gotten there during the great flood of Noahs time. just a thought

Last edited:

Golfer24

Tenderfoot
Jan 12, 2017
Midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got done watching tonight show, with many lies. The brothers said that their money is running out, but it is not their money but Canada money. Then men took a trip to see a large rock which was a waste of my time. As stated by many members including myself, no treasures will be recovered this season or never. Next week, the show will be boring, but I will be watching because I am tire of watching paint dry. Good hunting and good luck.

I think last night show was one of the worst episodes I have seen. It was so boring and just a filler in my opinion.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but you have to admit finding wood that far down is pretty odd,

No, it's not odd at all. They are digging the same spot that has been dug, cribbed and backfilled for 300 years of treasure hunting. The only thing they are finding is debris from past searches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread