What's new

Im tired of idiots

chip12977

Full Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2012
Messages
113
Reaction score
42
Golden Thread
0
Location
Duncansville,pa
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Whites PI Dual Field
Fisher f2 - sold
Whites DFX 300 - sold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well finally made it to the beach for vacation. Didn't get a Stealth 720, but I'm having fun anyway.

I was on the beach this morning around 5am, there was about 5 others doing the same thing, so I started swinging and finding some coinage, well I started to get into any area where there was some targets already dug so I was checking them out and found pull tab after pull tab in or around the holes, well I finally found the person digging these up an said you know if you take those out with you, you won't dig them up tomorrow, and her response was if people wouldn't throw them on the beach I wouldn't have to dig them up!

What an idiot! After that remark I didn't even say anything about not filling in the holes she dug. Guess ill just walk behind her tomorrow with a trash bag, maybe she'll get the hint, probably not, IDIOT
 
Upvote 0
metal_detector.gif
It is MD'ers like your friendly idiot that ruins it for the rest of us - simply unreal...
 
Something like that happened to me last week too. I saw someone MDing not too far off from me. I saw he never stopped at a trash can when he got off the beach so when I got to his spot I checked his holes. Sure enough there was trash and other stuff including a couple of dimes and other coins he missed...
 
What can you do..........very sad.......people just don't get it........
 
:thumbsup:

id·i·ot
[id-ee-uht] Show IPA

noun
1.
Informal. an utterly foolish or senseless person.

2.
Psychology . (no longer in technical use; considered offensive) a person of the lowest order in a former and discarded classification of mental disability, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.

3. Metal detectorist that leaves found trash and said holes uncovered which will result in the banning of detecting said area for future generations in previously permissable locations .
 
That pisses me off. I can see not going out of you way to pick garbage but anything you did should goeth you. Ya gotta hope karma steps in and they lose some expensive gold while they're at it......
 
I had a guy hunting our county parks and he was leaving holes and trash near each hole. I tried to enlighten him about taking his trash so he wouldn't have to find it again. When he told me where to go I had the deputy give him a ticket. The day of his court hearing I produced photos of his holes and the fine was impressive. You just can't cure stupid.
 
I know that I would have started talking real loud.....and I mean loud, that others would hear me when I declared that this person wasn't following a good detectorists code of ethics. Ohhhhh yes indeed I would be letting everyone around know what she was doing. I'd embarrass her all the way. I may look like a fool.... but I love metal detecting way too much and it's these types of people that ruin it for the rest of us. I sure would call "anyone" out that is hurting our hobby. Like I said, I may look like a fool....but I got my "Big Girl" pants on and I can take it!!!!:laughing7:
 
If you see that lady md-ing again, tell her she is famous! That there is a thread about her on the WORLD WIDE WEB and ppl are talking about her! Then tell her to check the tnet beach section, she should be able to figure out which thread is hers! LOL!

Maybe even write a Craigslist Rant about her, in your area! LOL!

Guess it's good I am allergic to idiots, and have declared the space around me as an "idiot-free" zone! :laughing7:
Idiots Beware!
 
I find taking pictures and videos of folks seems to make them go away. Now dont get me started on plugs.
 
Maybe I should spend some time lookin for these types and writing some tickets.........being a cop I'd certainly say something about it......I haven't come across it yet.
 
Sounds like she is quite the class act.. Kudos to you for trying to help her out.. But it's painfully obvious she is what we try to avoid being...
 
The big problem is if they leave the beach a mess. Can you imagine what they do in a park or school yard?
 
I had a guy hunting our county parks and he was leaving holes and trash near each hole. I tried to enlighten him about taking his trash so he wouldn't have to find it again. When he told me where to go I had the deputy give him a ticket. The day of his court hearing I produced photos of his holes and the fine was impressive. You just can't cure stupid.

No you can't cure stupid, as stupid stupid does.
But you sure can make it expensive! WTG Sandman, it's past time that someone took assertive and positive action to resolve the problem.
 
I thought everyone knew that we take out what we dig up!:icon_scratch: Unless it's an old VW.
 
the fact of the matter, is that the "work" is in digging the hole, dropping the trash in your pouch is effortless. I believe the scum that don't fill their hole in, or pick up the trash, are the same one's that are providing the trash in the first place.

I ran into the same thing on a fresh water beach at a state park. I obtained a permit from the Park office, but when I got to the small beach, I was shocked to see 30 to 40 holes in the sand, all with a piece of trash placed proudly on top of the sand pile. :BangHead:

I spent some time picking up their trash, and filling in the holes, they are lucky they didn't show up while I was there fuming. If I caught them, and they wouldn't listen to reason, their machine would be tossed in the lake, and if they didn't like that, they would follow it.
 
You should have salted one of her holes and pulled out a gold coin or diamond ring. You can gloat....look what you missed hahaha.
obviously she's too stupid to realize .......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom