What's new

IS THE E TRAC WORTH THE MONEY

Hey Keppy, LOVE that new avatar! I like to post my opinion when I believe I have something to add. I know there are MANY machines that will outperform mine.... in the right hands! No boubt! Please do not take my above post as directed at you. Some people know how to press my button but I try real hard not to get into a pissin' contest about it. I often say more than I need to and others do too. I try to glean what I can from ALL contributers to this net... when they have something to say! Stay thirsty, my friend. TTC
Terry any thing you say does not bother me ...for every comment you make here is always the truth and on the up & up.... On my avatar i also belong to the ...aboristsite.com web site and sort of took it from someone there ...Have a good day and HH.... I did like your Gold nugget :thumbsup::occasion14:
 
Last edited:
Terry any thing you say does not bother me ...for every comment you make here is always the truth and on the up & up.... On my avatar i also belong to the ...aboristsite.com web site and sort of took it from someone there ...Have a good day and HH.... I did like your Gold nugget :thumbsup::occasion14:
Yes. Small... but mine! HH TTC
 
Went out this past weekend. My MXT, three guys with Garrett's and three with MineLab Explorers, I believe. Numerous wheats, 6-8 silver rosies, 2 mercs, a notable Az token and a Barber dime. All of the afore mentioned were found by the guys with the MineLab detecters. The deepest coin, the barber, was barely 5", my Bigfoot Coil on the MXT has gotten me several coins 5-6" and most of the rest of the finds were surface to 3". It wasn't that the MineLabs were detecting deeper, it's that the guys using them knew the layout of the old town we were detecting, yards, roads, foundations etc. None of the structures were obvious except to the guys with the MineLabs, case in point, you can have the most expensive and the least expensive, but if you don't read the map, you won't find what you're looking for. I didn't read the map either. But I still want an e-trac too. Maybe someday.
 
After seeing what the Etraq did to my XPGMP on Sunday..I would say yes they are worth it, but they weigh far to much, and that outways it for me. But a good machine.

SS
 
to put my two cents in. I had a Garrett and a Whites. The Whites was far a better detector as far as depth and other things, but I found more old coins with the Garretts. What I am saying is you have to know your detector. The Garretts was easier to use with less settings to mess with or mess up in my case, and so as a result I found more coins with the Garretts which is a simple machine, not because it was better but because I learned it faster and better. Bottom line, learn your machine what ever you choose.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom