Is this animal a fox? yes!

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
:tongue3: I feel sort of dumb asking but it looked so weird when I first saw it just hanging out in the road that I thought it was a chupacabra or something else very strange :D

But now looking at the pictures I think possibly a fox that is sick with mange? Or it just hit me .. maybe the onset of rabies? It was not as afraid of me as it I would have expected and actually seemed interested in me. Then ran when I took a couple steps toward it.

Seen on a road in the Southern Adirondack region of NY.

hvean8.jpg

fz6ljd.jpg

2i6pdud.jpg

148enh1.jpg

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
Need a business motto? Kuger--The bane of a coyote's existence.

Or: Death to Tyrants and errant coyotes.

Maybe try: E Unibus Pluris which is "One less than Many".

no charge.

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High Plains Digger said:
Need a business motto? Kuger--The bane of a coyote's existence.

Or: Death to Tyrants and errant coyotes.

Maybe try: E Unibus Pluris which is "One less than Many".

no charge.

:laughing7:Yes,yes,they are.But,they provide me good living and have been my fascination since childhood :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
kuger: QUICK!!! I want to order two live coyotes. I thought I had an agreeement with the indigenous rabbit population that they would stay in the front yard and I wouldn't cap their fluffy tails. We have just recently lost (died) our dog, also known as the nuclear deterrant, and now they are violating the treaty by making a smorgasboard out of my peas, and cucumber vine tips. Is a matched pair an extra charge??

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High Plains Digger said:
kuger: QUICK!!! I want to order two live coyotes. I thought I had an agreeement with the indigenous rabbit population that they would stay in the front yard and I wouldn't cap their fluffy tails. We have just recently lost (died) our dog, also known as the nuclear deterrant, and now they are violating the treaty by making a smorgasboard out of my peas, and cucumber vine tips. Is a matched pair an extra charge??

...good luck!!! :laughing7: :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

DialM

May 31, 2007
kuger said:
however the coyote does,and in So Cal. has no issue in attacking people.I have done a lot of work down there on coyote/human incidents.
If by "people" you mean very small children left unattended, then I agree. Otherwise, not even close to being correct. Nobody gets attacked by coyotes in California.

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DialM said:
kuger said:
however the coyote does,and in So Cal. has no issue in attacking people.I have done a lot of work down there on coyote/human incidents.
If by "people" you mean very small children left unattended, then I agree. Otherwise, not even close to being correct. Nobody gets attacked by coyotes in California.

WOW!!Really???Hmmmm,actually you are incredibly WRONG.I dont even know where to start....

(REMOVED FOR RESPECT OF PRIVATE PARTIES INVOLVED)
I could go on but wont.....as I said no,you dont hear about this in the media.ITS WHAT I DO.Check your facts before you cast your spew!!!!
Another little tid bit....there were a documented 50 coyote/human incidents from Nov.12 1998(when the leghold trap was banned in Calif)-2000.

Here are a couple children incidents as you said....(some of the "facts",stated are incorrect
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354988,00.html

http://www.desertusa.com/june96/coyotes_and_people.html

this is one of my favorites!!!!
http://www.gopusa.com/freshink/2011...-attacks-two-solutions-to-the-deadly-problem/

Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
Give me a coyote anyday over a badger. Bad attitude on top of a bad attitude on top of a bad hair day.

But I digress. DialM: Let me reiterate. Young boy walking with FATHER in open space in suburban (not rural) area of Metro Denver, knocked down by an ATTACKING coyote and bit. Later hunted and "a coyote" was killed. This week. 2011. Google the Denver Post. THis is north end of Denver while two areas in the south end are trying to figure out how to handle their coyote problems, both in different directions of how to proceed.

I say, bring in the big guns. Kuger, are you free?

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:
kuger said:
Here is a real GEM...by a very good friend of mine!!!Facts sting huh??
http://www.broomfield.org/openspace/Coyote_Attacks_Baker_Timm.pdf
This is very interesting my Friend :o how long as this gone on for, and have Coyote always been a danger there :dontknow: and we think we have problems here with the poor badger being culled, because when it comes in contact with Cows, it can spread TB :-\

SS

Thanks Colin.No it always has not been a "problem".Maybe a scattered occurance here and there,but not at the epidemic numbers we seen 1998-.It is a domino effect that we see in nearly every case.You are not going to like this but when they banned the use of the Leghold trap,many people that used to trap them (coyotes)could no longer,and the populations began to expand.(what is ironic is an amendement was made to that law to use the trap,in the instance that human was attacked or threat thereof)Also the fact that they are incredibly adaptable,they figured out that it was much easier to live in and around people that gave them food,and had small dogs,and cats.They lost there fear of people and seen people as a source of food........when someone doesnt feed them,well they do what they instinctively know....bite!It is something I dont see going away,and I really wish it was publicised more so people like Dialm,are educated and not self proclaimed experts.This person is probably one of the many that continues to feed wildlife!!!

Badgers!!We protect badgers on my land...they are the only thing we have getting the ground squirrels!!The wild pigs here are our carrier of TB!

Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High Plains Digger said:
Give me a coyote anyday over a badger. Bad attitude on top of a bad attitude on top of a bad hair day.

But I digress. DialM: Let me reiterate. Young boy walking with FATHER in open space in suburban (not rural) area of Metro Denver, knocked down by an ATTACKING coyote and bit. Later hunted and "a coyote" was killed. This week. 2011. Google the Denver Post. THis is north end of Denver while two areas in the south end are trying to figure out how to handle their coyote problems, both in different directions of how to proceed.

I say, bring in the big guns. Kuger, are you free?
Nah,doesnt happen!!!!
No I am not "free"....I charge big money!! :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch:

Why wasn't the feeding of Coyote made ilegal :icon_scratch: when it brought a animal that was considered dangerous to humans...into direct contact :dontknow:

are we talking about the same type of Badger :dontknow: I think your type is what we know as the Wolverein :dontknow:

SS

Attachments

• badger.jpg
    badger.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 311
Upvote 0

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
I suppose we are speaking of the same animal. A wolverine is worse--I have to plant radishes to keep the wolverines away. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I wouldn't mess with either. What, English badgers are timid and retiring?? Say it ain't so, SS, say it ain't so. I never saw one while I lived there, but I did see a hedgehog. Does that count?

Feeding the (fill in the blank with deer, elk, bear, cougars, coyotes, foxes, badgers and wolverines, etc.) is illegal, but so are a lot of other things. Being stupid should be illegal, but it is against the laws of nature. Darwin was right. Survival to the smartest!

Upvote 0

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High Plains Digger said:
I suppose we are speaking of the same animal. A wolverine is worse--I have to plant radishes to keep the wolverines away. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I wouldn't mess with either. What, English badgers are timid and retiring?? Say it ain't so, SS, say it ain't so. I never saw one while I lived there, but I did see a hedgehog. Does that count?

Feeding the (fill in the blank with deer, elk, bear, cougars, coyotes, foxes, badgers and wolverines, etc.) is illegal, but so are a lot of other things. Being stupid should be illegal, but it is against the laws of nature. Darwin was right. Survival to the smartest!
Badgers are nocternal and very shy, I have only ever seen them a couple of times, apart from when they have become road casualties :'( yes they are very timid. And I don't agree with the cull >:(

SS

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I havent read it all but coyotes are a problem here in South Florida. They are not native and are to be shot on sight along with the pythons. They dont belong here and upset natures delicate balance..

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread