Its official!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
It's official!

Today is officially the first day of summer. It was a beautiful morning out. The water was calm. I love this kind of day! What made it even better was within 15 minutes I had my first hit of the morning. A chain with 2 rings on it. Yep! I've seen people put their rings on chains thinking that that would make them safe. I've read other posts where an MD'er found a chain with rings on it but I never have - until today. It was my turn! Now this is the way I like to hunt! It was going to be a good day for me. I just knew it! Well I found a lot of targets incuding a spill of (I think) BB's? They were all in one small area though and luckily they stuck to the magnet in my scoop so I didn't keep chasing them around. One scoop 4-5 bb's. Another scoop and 4-5 more. Then I found a necklace of beads with the clasp broken. I found a few toys and oh yeah..... mutant ninja turtle googles. I've never seen any like these before.

062110.jpg

BB062110.jpg

This is the necklace made of wooden beads.

Necklace062110.jpg

My first chain with rings on it.

Ringsonchain062110.jpg

This ring is silver-looking but has no markings. It has a blue stone and 6 tiny "diamonds" - 3 on each side.

Ring0621102.jpg

This ring is 10k gold with a light green stone and a "diamond" and a smaller "diamond" on each side.

Ring062110110k.jpg

These 2 rings are very big. They are even too big for my thumbs so the lady that was wearing them is a very large woman/girl.

I was right! It WAS a good day for me! I hope your's is as good or better! :wink:

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: It's official!

Now that's the way to start your summer!!!!! great rings!!!! HH Chug and Red

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG

That's the way to do it....IN PAIRS !!!!

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

both beautiful rings. I'd have them sized to fit! lol congrats mumszie

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

I hope it's a sign of what the summer has in store for you! fun finds. are ya gonna let us see you with the ninja mask on?

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

dang, thats one hell of a good find too Mumzie.. hope my nite is half as good as yours was.. congrats to ya.

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice finds. I'd be happy just finding one ring let alone a chain with two. Nice going.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

W :o W!! Very, very nice rings...CONGRATS!! :thumbsup:

:wink: RR

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:icon_thumright: wtg see mumz I told you it would get better ;D

fldaphne

May 27, 2008
Gulfcoast of Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach Hunter ID

Hey! I like that! I had never heard of people "safeguarding" their rings that way - thanks for the info and of course the post. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

fldaphne said:
Hey! I like that! I had never heard of people "safeguarding" their rings that way - thanks for the info and of course the post. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I've seen it often. Last year I found a heavy gold ring with a BIG ruby for a man who said it was his grandfathers. It took me less than 5 minutes to find as he had just lost it. The first thing his wife did was unhook his heavy gold necklace and she put it and 2 other rings he was wearing and her wedding set on the chain and then put it back around his neck. Boy, would I loved to have found that bunch! I see people doing that all the time and I've even mentioned it to them that that is not a good idea but usually I've found that people don't want your advice. Now.... I keep my mouth shut. :wink: Lesson learned.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,

Yeaahh, WTG Mumszie. Bet ya a dollar the other ring is white gold. :icon_sunny: Say how much for that lovely necklace???? :laughing7: Congrats on a very successful hunt today Mums.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

finderzzs said:
Yeaahh, WTG Mumszie. Bet ya a dollar the other ring is white gold. :icon_sunny: Say how much for that lovely necklace???? :laughing7: Congrats on a very successful hunt today Mums.

Sorry necklace is not for sale. I like to keep all my finds so that every now and then I can dump them on the bed and then roll around in all of it (like Scrooge McDuck) LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL ::)

scrooge-mcduck-make-it-raina.jpg

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Great hunt, congrats on the rings Mumszie 2 for 1 sweet :headbang:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Very Nice Haul Girl, ...enjoyed the cartoon....that's funny.....good luck on the next outing....joe

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WTG Mumszie :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread