"JANUARY,1820, while keeping the WASHINGTON HOUSE"

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason so many still believe in the tale is simply this, "Since there is absolutely no supporting fact to The Beale Paper story at all, this just proves that it was so darn secret that they were really good and thorough at hiding the truth. And so therefore, the complete lack of supporting evidence proves it all to be entirely true." :laughing7:

And when this fails to work it's always, "It was a cover story to the real truth, which must be true for all of the above same reasons." :icon_thumright:

Very strange that all of the poster here have been drinking the anti-Beale coolaid!

Must be about 12 people that do believe in the Beale Papers, but they are all banned! Someone is a puppet master banning all that don't agree with the anti-Beale group!

If you read the old locked threads you can see a pattern to all of this!

Too bad!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The information I have researched on the historical documents we are referring to is full of mistakes in spelling and particular dates!
Just more proof you are looking for errors in a world full of them that are meaningless!
Masterpoe, it seems that you are having a difficulty in comprehending the presented discussion on this thread, so I will attempt to explain it in a simple way so you may understand this information.

This thread is comparing what is stated in the Beale Papers dime novel pamphlet concerning the main characters of Robert Morriss and Thomas J Beale to the REAL counterparts upon which they are based- Robert Morris and Thomas Beale...
… or to even simplify it more, the fictional characters of a fictional story compared to actual real people and their real events.

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Masterpoe, it seems that you are having a difficulty in comprehending the presented discussion on this thread, so I will attempt to explain it in a simple way so you may understand this information.

This thread is comparing what is stated in the Beale Papers dime novel pamphlet concerning the main characters of Robert Morriss and Thomas J Beale to the REAL counterparts upon which they are based- Robert Morris and Thomas Beale...
… or to even simplify it more, the fictional characters of a fictional story compared to actual real people and their real events.

Your opinions you have is the same lifeless information you have been working here for the last few years, nothing new just a dime store bla nla bla! I see your information as nothing but to win at any cost the fight you put to all of us who believe the Beale Pamphlet!

Bully for you, but not many of us here even believe what you say!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, masterpoe, you have made your point on this thread and several others as you have many many times in the past.
If my posts or the post of others you refer to as "anti-Beale" offend your eyes, don't read them.
A very simple solution. :thumbsup:
I must admit that your "puppet master" comment is highly amusing. :laughing7:

masterpoe

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
University
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, masterpoe, you have made your point on this thread and several others as you have many many times in the past.
If my posts or the post of others you refer to as "anti-Beale" offend your eyes, don't read them.

Only you would!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you finished with your self-serving aggrandizing aggressive interrupting rants?
If so, I will continue with this threads established discussion.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Very strange that all of the poster here have been drinking the anti-Beale coolaid!

Must be about 12 people that do believe in the Beale Papers, but they are all banned! Someone is a puppet master banning all that don't agree with the anti-Beale group!

Too bad!

Anti-proofers vs Anti Beale vs Beale is reale vs Masons did it vs Peralta stones vs Oakie island U.F.O.'s vs the Holy Grail is guarded by Elvis (yes he is still alive in Bermuda) vs.....

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
AGREE!

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Curiously enough, he(Beale) never adverted to his family or to his antecedents, nor did I(Morriss) question him concerning them, as I would have done had I dreamed of the interest that in the future would attach to his name"
-THE BEALE PAPERS
What is interesting about this statement, during his stay at the Morriss home, he became "universally" known, yet no one inquired about his family or where he was from?
That automatically eliminates the Thomas Beale of the duel with Risque who went to New Orleans as the Beale character of the dime novel as he would have already been known to those of 1820 Lynchburg.

What is highly curious is the prophetic "the interest that in the future would attach to his name".
This statement was allegedly told to the "unknown author" by Morriss during the "2nd year of the Confederate War", when only Morriss was the only one to know this Beale treasure story, way before this "unknown author" share the story with an immediate family circle and one close friend, AND before writing the manuscript that he brought to James Beverly Ward 20 years later.
That is another glaring tell if one takes notice and has noticed the other discrepancies in the text that reveal the Beale story narrative is a work of fiction.

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"It was in 1862, the second year of the Confederate War, that Mr Morriss intimated the possession of a secret...The reasons which influenced him in selecting me for trust, he gave, and where in substance as follows: First: Friendship for myself and family, whom he would benefit if he could. Second: The knowledge that I was young, and in circumstances to afford leisure for the task imposed..."
-THE BEALE PAPERS
During 1862, the second year of the Confederate War, most of Lynchburg were serving the Cause, either in the CSA military, growing and suppling food and providing other goods, even the ladies donated jewelry to the Cause, or like Mina Otey, set up hospitals for the wounded in Lynchburg hotels.
The "unknown author" states when receiving the "secret" from Mr Morriss, was young and could "afford leisure for the task imposed". During this time of the War of Northern Aggression how young was this "unknown author" who had leisure during a time of war?
Was this "unknown author" a young boy, or perhaps a young girl- but it was mentioned that this "unknown author" had to attend to affairs in Richmond during the second year of the Confederate War.
Also, it is mentioned that Morriss was a friend of the "unknown author" and family, and wish to benefit this family if he could.
Why benefit this family of the visiting "unknown author" and not the family of his niece at whose home he was being cared for in his last days?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
The Beale Papers open with a first person introduction by the "unknown author" and then the "unknown author" gives an account of Robert Morriss in third person, then returns to fist person.

"The required promise was given, and the box and the contents were placed into my possession...I required of Mr. Morriss a statement of every particular with the affair...In reply, he gave me the following, which I reduced to writing and filed with the papers for future reference".
- THE BEALE PAPERS

This statement of Morriss that begins with the "January 1820, while keeping the Washington Hotel" is presented as first person verbatim from Robert Morriss, not as the aforementioned "unknown author" "reduced to writing" which would be a third person account. These switches back and forth from first and third person perspective are an interesting literary device designed to create credibility to the following "Beale letters" (also written in first person)which form the entire basis of the treasure story that lead the reader to the DOI "solved" cipher that describes the treasure alleged to buried in Bedford county 4 miles from Bufords.

The presentation of the ciphers and the out story of selecting an agent and handing him the finished manuscript for copyright and publishing due to the claimed failure of the "unknown author" to solve the two remaining ciphers, reverted back to first person of the "unknown author".
Throughout all these changes of which character of the dime novel is employed to tell the story, be it the "unknown author", Morriss through his "account" or the "unknown authors" narrative, and the "letters" of Thomas J Beale, plausible events are alluded but under close scrutiny, the discrepancies become apparent between the fictional characters and those whom they are based and the chronology of events.
When one researches the extended family of the "agent" and publisher of the Beale Papers, James Beverly Ward , there are parallels to events and locations that appear in the Beale Papers.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Said it ALL before & will "repeat"... Maj. F.C. Hutter, CSA (descended from James Beverly Risqué) interviewed RM, & is the "unknown" author... HE died in 1885. As CSA PAYMASTER, FCH was called to Richmond, Va.; must have been an emergency. JB Ward (ALSO descended from JBR) became FCH's agent, & John William Sherman (also "descended" from JBR), wrote the story from stories provided by various "sources" of TRUE, AUTHENTIC events of the past WESTERN adventures... THIS was family & friends known as the INNER CIRCLE; THEY met at the Arlington Hotel in L'burg @ 1882-84; MORE later, with NAMES; heh... What you have to understand is that the BPP became "FOCUSED" on post-RM's GREAT SECRET.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
FORGET the Washington House/Hotel "junk", & get with CW/post-CW events (MHO). Lynchburg, Lexington, Va. & Virginia Military Institute benefited from the so-called Beale Treasure... it was ALL part of the Western Virginia portion of the CSA Treasury... even PV thought so. MORE later.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Too bad!

They were banned for breaking our rules and for posting under multiple names and being caught at it.

Your now accusing mods of being "puppet master" for the "anti-beale group. (Not a smart move). Mods do not take sides, we enforce the rules, each one banned was banned for their actions alone.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Beale Ciphers were MAINLY RUSES... USELESS. BC II (DOI) was MAINLY a Broadside against Old Abe, during the CW; like TJ used DOI against the BRITS, during the War of the 1st Revolution. "JB" tried to "fill it in"... BUT! CONFUSION reigns. Heh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread