81.2 KB · Views: 1,235

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure looks bogus to me, theres red flags all over this thing
Loaded with font issues, size and style.
Whats up with the blinding yellow gold certificate stamp, the word gold isn't straight.
serial number fonts are wrong
Back of the bill, has the text uneven, not straight lines
FYI
The $100,000 dollar bill is actually not a dollar bill at all, it's a gold certificate. What's a gold certificate? Well a gold certificate is money that the government prints that only they can own and use. It is intended for only the use in Fiscal Channels. They were never issued or used for general circulation. This specific gold certificate was printed in 1934 and has the 28th president, Woodrow Wilson's portrait on it. There were only 42,000 $100,000 dollar certificates printed and the only ones around today are not for sale and are used for educational purposes only. The few remaining undestroyed $100,000 certificates are institutionalized today and may be seen only in some museums.

Upvote 0
F

Felinepeachy

Here's a pic of one.

Attachments

• US100000dollarsbillobverse.jpg
    US100000dollarsbillobverse.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,937
Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
bradyboy said:
The $100,000 dollar bill is actually not a dollar bill at all, it's a gold certificate. What's a gold certificate? Well a gold certificate is money that the government prints that only they can own and use. It is intended for only the use in Fiscal Channels. They were never issued or used for general circulation. This specific gold certificate was printed in 1934 and has the 28th president, Woodrow Wilson's portrait on it. There were only 42,000 $100,000 dollar certificates printed and the only ones around today are not for sale and are used for educational purposes only. The few remaining undestroyed $100,000 certificates are institutionalized today and may be seen only in some museums.
NO NO! Not exactly true. Gold and Silver Certificates were printed and definitely used in general circulation. I have spent many, many $10, $20, $50 and $100 gold certificates printed 1957, 1934 and some others I dont remember all the dates.
Now the $100,000 Gold Certificate was not printed for general circulation, only used by banks. They are no longer used and have all been accounted for. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,71928.0.html

Upvote 0
Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXlll
Look at detail! There are small differences, like the shadowing around Wilson and the placement of the small G in the upper left hand corner. How does it feel and smell? Just by looking at it I'd say counter fit!

Upvote 0

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but clear that this is bogus, like i posted earlier.
I'm very suspicious that someone who has 1 post is asking
Cant help to think this is a scam, trying to find a buyer.
Please tell me if I'm being to harsh on the 1 poster.
Id like to hear from you
Brady

Upvote 0

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't we just see a bogus J P Morgan box of some kind?
How does the J P Morgan label on this post have to do with the bill posted?

Upvote 0

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey quicksilver
I wouldn't ask the poster how it smells and feels.
Their gonna tell ya what you want to hear.
Of course they will say if feels and smells right
All they need to do is wash a bill, wipe out the ink and reprint both side.
That's what this bill shows
Posts like this really tick me off, as they are trying to take advantage of folks that are not educated on stuff like this
Has anyone noticed that the poster was on line most of the day but NEVER responded to any of the comments.
Brady

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
bradyboy said:
Didn't we just see a bogus J P Morgan box of some kind?
How does the J P Morgan label on this post have to do with the bill posted?
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,141435.0.html

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,144657.0/topicseen.html

Bobby, have you spoken with TRADR10? What did he have to say?

I might also add that selling counterfeit bills in the US is illegal. Since this bill is no longer in use, this may not apply and it may have some small collector value. I dont know.

Upvote 0
Mar 1, 2007
Griffith Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Grand Master Hunter CXlll
Bradyboy, whats up! Its never going to happen here! I was never interested in the first place, I'd just use it for toilet paper, its worthless to me!!!! I'm huntin the gold and silver coin!!!! come on seated!!!! QUICKSILVER(appletree)

Upvote 0

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
This has been interesting! In truth, I have to admit that I lean towards what the old prospectors described as "God's money" - REAL gold and silver coins, not paper money. Paper money is alright, but it has a very dark history....

Thats what money is. Its just paper. How did a piece of paper become so valuable? I am sure if you go back into the 1700s, and I told someone I'll trade you a piece of paper for your horse...He would tell me to shove it.

If you think about it, why do we put any faith in paper money at all? Almost anyone can make it, after all...

By the way, let's not be too hasty in casting doubts (and worse) on a newcomer - after all, every one of us was at one time, a "one-post poster".
Oroblanco

Upvote 0

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Wow! Gotta love the Philllipines for treasure hunting. If it isn't a lost gld hoard hidden by the Japanese during WWII, it's millions of dollars of previously unknown and unaccounted for $100,000 US gold certificates. I would love to invest, however my moey is all currently tied up in helping a certain ex oil minister from Nigeria transfer $127 Million out of his country into my personal account.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread