What's new

June 27th water hunt at the county park

Giant056

Silver Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2007
Messages
2,873
Reaction score
469
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Michigan
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found 4 earrings bobby pins, kids ring and a quartz watch without the crystal and I kind of suspect it was lost when I was attempting to scoop it out of the water ??? I've only got three earrings showing cause the fourth (big hoop earring) was returned to the owner who showed up about 10 minutes after I found it and was out in the area where I was when I found it and asked her what she was looking for. The watch was ticking when I took the pic but the battery ran down already from a quick charge I gave it with a 9 volt. One thing nice about fresh water if a watch gets wet and is not in it too long you can blow it out with an air compressor and let it dry and usually a recently lost watch can be revived, maybe I'll find another watch with the same crystal :laughing7:

june27.1.webp
june27.2.webp
 
Upvote 2
Cool Stuff Man!...What type scooper do you use?
 
nice finds Larry, Ive yet to find a watch that still runs from the water or turf
 
Nice watch and nice of you to give her the ear ring back, I am sure she was happy... Good Hunting.
 
What does Japan most mean.
 
Japan Movement Greg, most intermediate watches are a Japan movement, the real super cheap ones are usually China :BangHead:
 
Giant056 said:
Japan Movement Greg, most intermediate watches are a Japan movement, the real super cheap ones are usually China :BangHead:


That figures LOL
 
In my beaches also appear many hundreds bobby pins ... nice watch:thumbsup:
 
nice finds Larry, Ive yet to find a watch that still runs from the water or turf

Dale you might remember seeing me post this one, I found this in a football field in 2009 and I'm still wearing it today, it didn't have a band on it when I found it so I put a band on it and am on my third battery since I found it but it still keeps fantastic time.

bulova.webp
 
Very nice finds.
 
Good finds. Just spent my 2 weeks vacation mding around the grand haven area. Hit the beach as well as some parks. Good finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom