What's new

Just a few artifacts I found today

KMC

Greenie
Joined
May 9, 2013
Messages
18
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Midwest
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are a few of the worked pieces I found today.. Not sure what the point is?? Maybe a dart, or knife??
 

Attachments

  • DSC02129.webp
    DSC02129.webp
    273.5 KB · Views: 194
  • DSC02132.webp
    DSC02132.webp
    179.9 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC02133.webp
    DSC02133.webp
    165 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC02123.webp
    DSC02123.webp
    228.6 KB · Views: 187
Upvote 0
Point is not broken by any means, it is a full point.. It is a grey and brown streaked material...when looked at with the sun behind it.. it sparkles a dark blue.. ??
 
Nice finds! Lol! I still can't figure the last one out. Is it pottery or a piece of a dry rotted tire? It looks just like tire tread.
 
lol.. It kinda does look like tire tread, but it is pottery.... One of my friends thought it was part of a clay pigeon..... lol..
 
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Nice finds KMC.
 
Welcome to the site. Looks like you are in a good spot and if I had found them I would be sure to go back.
 
Creek / river finds?
 
It is private property w/ permission... They are all in close proximity to a creek.. very near a Hopewell site.. There have been some nice daltons(?)(I will try to get a pic of one my buddy found) found here and a few fully grooved axe heads.. and new stuff every time it rains.... :o)
 
I really like the thinning on the base of that point :thumbsup:
 
Here is a nice one found in the same creek :o) Full and not damaged... Tell me what type it is, and how old???
 

Attachments

  • point1.webp
    point1.webp
    55.4 KB · Views: 110
Looks old by the flaking but it is a blurry pic. Can you take a new one of it?
 
Those are some very good finds kmc!! Good job and find some more!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom