Just Drill Holes

Hello tannon, The only drill holes that I have seen that's vertical there was always two that was drilled all the way thru the rock 30" inch and a 1" ( 10 cm ) they were used like a pull point and a big ole hole with water in it, about 10 feet across, actual a friend found it in some property he knew about with a 48 inch Podium up the hill from it. I would look for a place of worship in the area, seats, Cross, Grave

dsty is describing one such place I know. Hole can be vertical, or horizontal.

Thanks Casca, The podum was on a flat spot with a wind break of sorts top of the hill drop down aprox 30 feet the flat spot 100 feet square, the podium was about 4 ft high, 10 inches square, the top was exactly on a slope with a 3 deep / 3 inches across round bottom drill hole which my guess is that a drill hole as noted seems to indicate " information near by " it was in the SW corner of the podium which could not be moved and it faced the East, The drill holes were aprox, 200 feet to the NE and another to the SW 200 feet where "D" found the Drill holes, they were about 200 feet apart in a triangle with the big hole with water was about 200 feet down hill and the angles / distances all worked great. Kinda strange Flat Rock in the vicinity with a Round Soft ball size rock under in the middle kinda like a teeter totter for children to play on, the flat boulder was about 4 inches thick and kinda round and aprox 4' off the ground balanced like it was a piece of play ground equipment. Really neat, it was located within eye sight of the podium

Last edited:
Hello mdog, Guess I forgot to reply to this question. The Churches location that's been worked and seems to be true
, IF you find a church location that has been established by the Spanish they are 25 miles apart from point A to B, go 25 miles East - West-- North--- South you should find another, or go East 12.5 miles then go South or North 12.5 and find another, always use Left / Right turns, no fair cutting across, It is my belief that they may have used Church symbols as trail markers

I wanted to throw this out there for Mark. It might help.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DH rock V 1.jpg
    DH rock V 1.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 241
The drill holes form a triangle/arrow. It points at 30 degrees which lets you know it's not mother nature. One of the drill holes on the side points you to a stone trail marker that is safely up on the bank and one cordell away. This is conformation that you are on a trail.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DH rock V 1 marked.jpg
    DH rock V 1 marked.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 259
Like every good sign there is a place it is to be viewed from. This is from above.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DH rock 2.jpg
    DH rock 2.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 267
There is a lot more information here than i've had time to explore. And for those who doubt the seven (because water levels change) the trail headed east does lead directly to a campsite. just sayin... Also i have read several different post that suggest they did not put signs in water... i found this to not to not be true. However, when they built it, maybe it was beside the water? Who knows... but they are there now.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DH rock 2 markup.jpg
    DH rock 2 markup.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 477
these are awesome, thanks for the help, this thread has some great ideas, but i guess I'm having a bald moment trying to work out dsty's formula for drill holes min is 2" across an 8" deep guess I'm tired an confused..

There can be variations but if memory serves me correctly...that would be 2 cordells or 378 feet to your next sign or corner marker. A tape or string will confirm this. GPS will not calculate your elevation drops correctly. They used a chain!

What measure the sides of the triangle and holes

Hello goldmember, this site may help a little

Took me a while to get around to it dsty, but here it is:

IMG_0428.JPG

I've been reading up on the threads concerning drill holes, particularly dsty's, and I'm including a picture that contains some of the important measurements, as I understand it (D stands for inches deep, A for inches across):

Drill_Holes_with_measurements.jpg

I'd appreciate any help I can get. For reference, I posted a separate thread in Treasure Marks/Signs on what led me to find this boulder:

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/treasure-marks-signs/492900-rock-carvings-nm-boulder-help-interpretation.html

gm,

Is the rock a vista point that is high on the hill where you can see the surrounding area?

Sure looks like a trail with markers to me, size of drill holes may indicate a league between except for the 1st which may be 1 1/2 may be just a trick the Map rock has something that will show the direction to go such as the small V to the right and up to the right. Anyway that's my guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back