What's new

just love this knife

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20131006_232915-1.webp



ForumRunner_20140409_012440.webp
 
Upvote 0
Nice what kind of material?? Coral

Sent from my SCH-S738C using TreasureNet in the middle of a field somewhere
 
Don't blame you...mjm
 
Yep.. Coral
 
That is Beautiful.....
 
That sure is a beauty! :notworthy: Like the atypical rounded knife point.
 
Thanks guys.
I think this is just a nub of what it once was
 
I'm always a sucker for the them translucent materials. Great piece, very nice! 8-)
 
Thanks I love that coral
 
Thanks I love that coral

I've been told that lithic material has been found in NC. Very rare but it's definitely possible in the trade route. There's a local collection in the public library that has gar scale arrowheads in the Mississippian display.
 
Last edited:
..that's beautiful GatorBoy....reminds me of something.....gotta do this..."ebony & ivory" ? lol This is the one I found...
RSCN4433.webp...yours maybe larger though, they always are...:(
 
Wow! Thats awesome!
Now....THIS..is ebony and ivory..lol

ForumRunner_20140409_165806.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20130412_144454-enhanced-1.webp
    IMG_20130412_144454-enhanced-1.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 266
Who couldnt love that knife is my question?
 
...double awesome on that B/W arrowhead....is that for real!? :o

...and rock...agree on that!
 
Its two different broken points from the same site.
 
It appears to be shallow notches with some smoothing.. Thanks
 
Beautiful knife Gator! Coral has to be my favorite material. I know there's not much chance of finding a coral point in my area but I that's still one of my goals. Guess there's always a slim slim slim chance one made it up this way. Coastal plains chert is somewhat common.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom