Keyes Lost Diggins

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I seen several posts about Keyes and his lost gold mine on treasurenet. Guess what! We did one on it sometime back! Currently I am putting it up on one of my Facebook pages and might as well put it here too. This site is set up so things don't get buried like on Facebook. This is the table of contents.
table.jpg

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Other items of interest to probable only me:
Planning to do this one next, I find myself thinking the cover could have been better. Also the Keyes story appeared in two of the Montana series, since it involved those areas.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
This book was due to my not being able to keep ahead with proof reading and other things that get a book ready to publish. My wife wanted a project and I said look into this Keyes story. She found plenty to create a book on the lost placer. After the book was out Keyes material continued to surface. Mention of the Keyes mystery can be found in the Russell and Missouri Country books. Searching for the mine resulted in the boom camp of Alexander City. The life of the camp was so short no one knows where it once was. Thoughts have been given to maybe someday gathering all material into one volume as a second edition release.

OP
OP
T

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
From the chapter about the map held by a man in Roundup, MT. This one is dated 1933, but is very interesting.
art a.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread