🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started a thread a while back voicing(whining really) my frustration with the all new to me CTX3030. I couldn't tell the difference between trash and good targets and was really :censored:off. Well Im happy to announce I have become so familiar with the machine now that I can tell you if it's a bottle cap, screw cap, pull tab, beaver tail, rusty nail, before I dig it! And I know this because I still dig them. So what was I crying about to begin with? Happy hunting guys/gals, Mike

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started a thread a while back voicing(whining really) my frustration with the all new to me CTX3030. I couldn't tell the difference between trash and good targets and was really :censored:off. Well Im happy to announce I have become so familiar with the machine now that I can tell you if it's a bottle cap, screw cap, pull tab, beaver tail, rusty nail, before I dig it! And I know this because I still dig them. So what was I crying about to begin with? Happy hunting guys/gals, Mike

When I bought my first explorer my first thoughts were what kind of position did I buy.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
The explorer series (of which the ctx is the latest incarnation) have very fluty-tooty sounds. It will sound like a flock of sick geese to someone who's not used to it. But once the "lights go on", it's a joy to use.

Ok, you owe us all a 12-pack now! ;)

OP
OP
MrMikeJackie

MrMikeJackie

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2013
Long Island
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030,
Xp Deus,
That's it, I'm done.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The explorer series (of which the ctx is the latest incarnation) have very fluty-tooty sounds. It will sound like a flock of sick geese to someone who's not used to it. But once the "lights go on", it's a joy to use.

Ok, you owe us all a 12-pack now! ;)
I hope you like Budweiser(in a can thank you), that's all I drink:occasion14:

toolmanbutch

Aug 23, 2015
Upstate NY and Floridas East Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Bounty Hunter
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope my new CTX 3030 arrives this week. I am so anxious to use it. I am nervous about learning how to use it, any tips would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you so desire.
Butch

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope my new CTX 3030 arrives this week. I am so anxious to use it. I am nervous about learning how to use it, any tips would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you so desire.
Butch

I use a program I for from Big Boys Hobbies, its will make it super easy to pick up. Ive tried using the stock "Deep Silver" before and it was way to chirpy. The one I use now will give you a low tone, midtone for pennies and a super high tone for Silver or Quarters etc.

Best of luck man! I got lucky right away with it and feel I picked it up quickly. It took me over 2 months to start to understand the ATP when I first got it.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Butch

Hook up with a proficient CTX 3030 user (or explorer user if no 3030 guys are in your area). Trade off flagged signals (even if only a modern clad zone). Listen to what he's listening for (he'll need to pull out his head-phone jack from time to time for you). Listen to what he says "I'd pass", and ask "why?". Show him signals that confuse, and listen to what he says are his reasons to either a) pass or b) dig. Watch how he swings. Watch how he isolates the center, etc....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread