Know its there but I know my machine cant "see" it- help!!

Re: Know it's there but I know my machine can't "see" it- help!!

I thought about it. Just scoop it out - he doesn't remember how deep - and run it through a sifter. ;D

Daryl

"The cache is buried in small cans (size of a 2# coffee can or smaller)"

Got me thinking again.

How old are these folks?
Is the old house standing, if so have you checked it well?
Close to the old house house foundation?
If they are old, was a hiding spot built into the new house? My step dad did this, robbed by druggie sis though.
Small coil under the new house?
Check floor of the garage! Rafters of the garage.

Once the treasure has been moved all bets are off. Friend is looking for one of those. Found the first hole near where recalled, but can not find the 2nd where moved to (oh yeah I moved it).

Ask if they moved it.

No they didn't move it but they did build a second house behind the first one. :tongue3:

I told them that the psychology behind burying your "cache" is that you will most always bury it where you can see the spot from a room in the house where you spend a lot of time - kitchen, living room, etc. That didn't help.

So it remains a mystery.

If there weren't so many frickin big pieces of junk buried all over the property - sprinkler heads, car parts, tools, etc. - and had it NOT been on a salt tidal marsh, I would not have driven myself crazy.

Oh well. There's always this winter to try again.

Daryl

I haven't read all the posts since there are many, but if you set the machine on one of the coin modes wouldn't it null out on a larger iron type can? Make a probe out of a copper rod and probe all the null signals? Just a thought, probably wrong? Monty

Hi Monty,

I ran 3 machines in all their modes. Crap. different coils for each as well. Double crap.

I also used a 3' probe rod to probe all signals after I got tired of digging the crap. My hand still hurts.

Dream hunt turned into a frickin NIGHTMARE.

Story of my life.

Daryl

I'm wondering how an 'all metal' mode would work, and only dig the super strong signals? Of course, if it's a junk yard, it would drive me crazy. I'm still voting for the back hoe, and dig the whole yard. Good luck with it Daryl, and keep us informed, Breezie

Hi Breezie,

I'm for the backhoe myself. Just dig and throw the dirt around. Be fun anyway.

I'm in Amsterdam now and will be back there in November and give it another shot. Right now, I'm stuck at home. My wife fell down the stairs and broke her ankle and her leg 2 weeks ago.

I think getting that silver out of the ground is going to be easier that getting her in and out of our apartment here.

Daryl

Attachments

• stairs.jpg
    stairs.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,801

Find someone who already has the equipment and knowledge. The fact that they can't remember where they hid "500 - 1000" silver coins would bother me enough that I wouldn't invest too much time or money in something that might not be there at all? Arrange a split of some sort with the person you get and the owner of the hidden stash. Otherwise, might be best to go find another cache to hunt. Not saying it isn't there, but 15 - 20 years isn't that long ago and there is quite a difference between 500 & 1000 silver coins, but the person should surely remember where, within a few feet or yards, they buried it? :thumbsup:

You would think.

But it is 60,000 halves. $30,000 face.

Do the math. Holy crap.

Daryl

i sure would not give up, just do not it overwhelm you.
take care and be safe out there. ron

BioProfessor said:
You would think.

But it is 60,000 halves. $30,000 face.

Do the math. Holy crap.

Daryl

I'm lost? I thought it was one can and 500 - 1000 silver coins? Or did I skip over the "60,000 halves" somewhere. :icon_scratch:

BioProfessor said:
Hi Breezie,

I'm for the backhoe myself. Just dig and throw the dirt around. Be fun anyway.

I'm in Amsterdam now and will be back there in November and give it another shot. Right now, I'm stuck at home. My wife fell down the stairs and broke her ankle and her leg 2 weeks ago.

I think getting that silver out of the ground is going to be easier that getting her in and out of our apartment here.

Daryl

OUCH! Those steps look terrible. Well wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery.

Thanks Breezie. Yeah they ARE tough. We are staying in Amsterdam, she fell while she was in Faversham England. We have no health insurance once we leave the State of Minnesota. It's just been one great thing after another. And I found out, the hard way you could say, that the UK now excludes tourist from their national health service. It's pay as you go for any visitors.

I feel like using my shovel for a really deep hole.

And no Bigscoop, you didn't miss much. I just promised the person I would not reveal how many cans and how many coins until 6 months after I left. No trail to follow to his house. Sorry 'bout that.

Daryl

over that time span depending on soil type they may very well have sunk deeper.if you've covered the area i would move on.

I thought about that. Especially since it is tidal marsh. I had tried to get permission to hunt other places but it is almost impossible to get onto any of the plantation sites or encampments - Union or Confederate - so it gave me something to do.

They may have gone too deep for even my 2-box since there is salt in the soil but it is better than sitting on the couch. Plus the guys knows everybody and I may get some permission for some good ground because of my work. Never know.

Daryl

daryl, sorry, forgot to mention for your wife to get well soon and be really carefull of those stairs, wow, they sure look pretty scarey and steep.
take care and be safe out there. ron

Thanks Ron,

She's not safe anywhere here. It's just a real adventure.

Daryl

Attachments

• Jan-in-Canal.jpg
    Jan-in-Canal.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 1,398
  • Jan-in-Canal.jpg
    Jan-in-Canal.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 1,382

As long as it is "Deep Silver buried in God knows what at God knows how deep in salt water" I'd be good to go.

I need something. If I look again this winter, you may get a PM.

Thanks,

Daryl

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back