Well I almost wish I hadnt just left Kunsan, I was looking for a hunting partner for a while. I was there from Feb 08 to Feb 09 and TDY a few times before that. I absolutely never had any real problems detecting there, and going out almost every weekend I only saw 2 other people detecting that I didnt bring with me. The beaches were a blast there, I was averageing about 14,000 won in change a day with 2-3 rings/jewelry on the beaches. I would suggest any hiking trails you can find. Thats where I found my oldest coin from. The coins are really hard to identify, but I narrowed it down to 1650-1730. The only thing I did not like about detecting there, was that the Koreans were extremely/overly interested in what you were doing. If you go detecting on a beach, be prepared for them to constantly crowd you in wanting to see every find, ask you a million questions in Korean(even after you explain to them in Hangul and English that you dont understand), and even want to try your detector out. I would suggest the early mornings as best on the beaches, less people and alot less drunk people trying to show you how to MD with your own tools(yes it happened to me on more than one occasion). As far as the offlimits thing goes, its a 3 mile circle around the base. Its only offlimits if you are "stopping" such as in a store or someones house, it is still open to joggers, biking and walking. To get to any where I mostly biked or rode a bus, both were pretty cheap. When it came to MDing in Korea, I had a blast, hope you do too. If you got any other questions PM me! GL!