Truthfully? Yeah, me! Ten years old grandpa gave me a table top drill press, two key machines, a grinder, and a lathe. Only thing was the lathe had to stay in his shop until I was big enough to lift the tail stock end and put it on the pickup. Years later, I realized the psychology behind this. He could keep an eye on me and teach me, and most of all determine if I had developed common sense & shop safety. Another of the neighborhood boys had a real nice woodworking set up but spent most of his spare time molding lead soldiers & other toys. So, that's not so far fetched.............
Now that I think about it, maybe I should've gotten into toy soldiers! That kid always had money from selling & in later years he dusted off his stuff and made pitchers plates & silverware for the folks into miniatures. Guess I missed that boat!