Metal Detecting
the teeth are for cutting roots, so whichever your hand likes

I like my $5 lowes trowel

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
It's hell getting old! I "misplaced" my old K-Bar digging knife and am looking to buy a Lesche.
Went on line and see there are two types. Left handed teeth or right handed teeth. Is the primary cutting side the one with the teeth?

Yep, think about it in relation to your dominant hand, works better that way.

Really can't beat a Lesche, looking to get another. Got one of the Hori knives to try out = danged afraid of seriously slicing my hand with that, so I refuse to use it anymore.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am right handed and cut a plug in a clockwise motion so my Lesche hand diggers have the teeth on the left side. I keep 2 on hand, one for me and one as a loaner. Keep yours eyes open. My 2nd one cost me $25 (used) with the sheath included.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Mine must be an old one. Got teeth on both sides. A leche. Called direct to their house. Mrs. Leche took my order with grandkids screaming in the background. Shipped that day and got it in 2 days. Great folks to deal with. Side note: mine is the T- Handle about 32". A great digging tool.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have my Lesche honed to a shaving edge. Strapped tight to my thigh for I am afraid of man and beast when I go out detecting.

OP
OP
K

KeyaPaha

Oct 12, 2015
Naper, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000D and now M6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
the teeth are for cutting roots, so whichever your hand likes

I like my $5 lowes trowel

Got one. In our thick sod, it is quite a workout and time consuming. Wish that brain cell that forgot my Kbar would regenerate so I could find it. It was a target digging fool!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a lefty, so I got one with the teeth on the right side. I cut my holes counterclockwise, because I'm a strange left-hander!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something I do to all my tools is to take a metal file and SHARPEN all my TOOLS believe me it MAKES A BIG difference on cutting plugs and diffing anything

mascard1

Oct 28, 2008
SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030...E-TRAC...EXPLORER SE...EXCALIBER II...TEJON...ELDORADO..LOBO ST...F75LTD...F70...CZ3D...XLT...T2...MXT Pro.. 1861 HALF DOLLAR
/////

Last edited:

mascard1

Oct 28, 2008
SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Ctx 3030...E-TRAC...EXPLORER SE...EXCALIBER II...TEJON...ELDORADO..LOBO ST...F75LTD...F70...CZ3D...XLT...T2...MXT Pro.. 1861 HALF DOLLAR
That's a Lesche shovel
Mine must be an old one. Got teeth on both sides. A leche. Called direct to their house. Mrs. Leche took my order with grandkids screaming in the background. Shipped that day and got it in 2 days. Great folks to deal with. Side note: mine is the T- Handle about 32". A great digging tool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions