What's new

lets post some shell

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess its been about a month since myself and TomClark and others did this but once in a while someone asks to see some shell pieces since they are not part of the artifacts of their region. I love the intrest and was asked to do so..plus last time it went over real well. I'm not going to come close to posting all of them but if there is something specific you would like to see..Get-The-Point or anyone else please ask I'm sure someone will have one.
 

Attachments

  • ForumRunner_20120831_155307.webp
    ForumRunner_20120831_155307.webp
    49.1 KB · Views: 128
  • ForumRunner_20120831_155541.webp
    ForumRunner_20120831_155541.webp
    75 KB · Views: 117
  • ForumRunner_20120831_155746.webp
    ForumRunner_20120831_155746.webp
    68.2 KB · Views: 114
  • ForumRunner_20120831_155956.webp
    ForumRunner_20120831_155956.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 123
  • ForumRunner_20120831_160505.webp
    ForumRunner_20120831_160505.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 131
  • ForumRunner_20120831_160638.webp
    ForumRunner_20120831_160638.webp
    48 KB · Views: 113
  • ForumRunner_20120831_160841.webp
    ForumRunner_20120831_160841.webp
    65.8 KB · Views: 111
  • ForumRunner_20120831_161101.webp
    ForumRunner_20120831_161101.webp
    40.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Upvote 0
WOW, GREAT PICS. tHANKS FOR SHARING!
 
That is an impressive collection. I don't see too much of that up here.
 
I knew it freakin awesome man!!! That is quite a impressive collection of shell you have there!!....................Thanks for posting pics of it..........GTP(Chris)
 
Very nice collection. There is a lot of variety there. Love seeing carvings in objects.

Thanks for sharing!
 
I will leave that one alone Beachcomber..LOL.
 
Very nice I dont or have ever seen any shell artifacts before.
 
LOVE the sharks teeth!! I have found thousands of teeth in Fl. and S.C. and Ga. but never one with a hole drilled in it. Sooo coool.
 
Glad you like thanks. I love them too
 
My Shell consists almost entirely of Beads. I have a few Pendants, but not Celts, Hammers, etc like are found in Florida.
 

Attachments

  • Feurt Site Collection (31).webp
    Feurt Site Collection (31).webp
    261.6 KB · Views: 100
  • Pendants (2).webp
    Pendants (2).webp
    30 KB · Views: 86
  • Necklaces (4).webp
    Necklaces (4).webp
    82.9 KB · Views: 99
  • Necklaces (1).webp
    Necklaces (1).webp
    212.3 KB · Views: 93
  • Feurt Site Collection (27).webp
    Feurt Site Collection (27).webp
    242.8 KB · Views: 93
  • Feurt Site Finds (210).webp
    Feurt Site Finds (210).webp
    69.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Feurt Site Finds (230).webp
    Feurt Site Finds (230).webp
    94.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Feurt Site Finds (235).webp
    Feurt Site Finds (235).webp
    233.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Feurt Site Finds (248).webp
    Feurt Site Finds (248).webp
    71.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Arawak Artifacts (41).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (41).webp
    15.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Arawak Artifacts (39).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (39).webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Arawak Artifacts (10).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (10).webp
    74.7 KB · Views: 87
  • Arawak Artifacts (34).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (34).webp
    69.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Fuert 9811 (11).webp
    Fuert 9811 (11).webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Arawak Artifacts (70).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (70).webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Arawak Artifacts (71).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (71).webp
    36.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Arawak Artifacts (52).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (52).webp
    80.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Arawak Artifacts (45).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (45).webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Arawak Artifacts (42).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (42).webp
    18.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Arawak Artifacts (65).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (65).webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 84
  • Arawak Artifacts (64).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (64).webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Arawak Artifacts (63).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (63).webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 92
  • Arawak Artifacts (74).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (74).webp
    70 KB · Views: 93
  • Arawak Artifacts (73).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (73).webp
    64.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Arawak Artifacts (58).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (58).webp
    38 KB · Views: 87
  • Arawak Artifacts (59).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (59).webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Arawak Artifacts (68).webp
    Arawak Artifacts (68).webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Schisler Site (23).webp
    Schisler Site (23).webp
    33.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Schisler Site (3).webp
    Schisler Site (3).webp
    68.7 KB · Views: 88
  • Schisler Site (38).webp
    Schisler Site (38).webp
    82.5 KB · Views: 87
  • Schisler Site (41).webp
    Schisler Site (41).webp
    27.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Schisler Site (40).webp
    Schisler Site (40).webp
    36.6 KB · Views: 98
  • DSC_0751.webp
    DSC_0751.webp
    85 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC_0760.webp
    DSC_0760.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC_0758.webp
    DSC_0758.webp
    52.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 100_5468.webp
    100_5468.webp
    28.9 KB · Views: 80
  • California (13).webp
    California (13).webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 87
Very nice Reap! Those that are strung...you did that right? I did the same with drilled shark vertebrae. I have several pendants not pictured but very few beads. Cool seeing yours!!
 
Wow, you guys have some unreal stuff! Gator, those shark teeth with the holes is absolutely amazing! Between you and reap, I'm blow away :notworthy:
 
I never knew he had that much shell stuff... this is a refreshing change of pace! I felt I was getting beat up on some other threads today..LOL.. its humorous to me. Its fine my shoulders are strong. Ha.. everyone likes those teeth. You should see my face light up when I find one.
 
I only know of one drilled Sharks Tooth being found in my area. We find lots of Shell Beads here though. That isn't even all of them. I lost my pictures of all of the ones I found on one particular site. I guess I need to take some new pics.
 
Great collection,GatorBoy. Its been cool checking out the different pieces from your area, thanks for the view.
 
Sure thing..thanks for the intrest
 
i don;t have much for shell stuff

gator you need to stop chewing your nails

you really have a lot of cool stuff
i like those drilled shell pendants and them teeth


my stuff is made from river mussel shells100_5030.webpsc000eca56.webpImage 2.webpImage.webp
 
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom