Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know more than I can say, but I have friends who have been using cannabis oil for years.
Just because we have laws doesn't really mean much to people who wants the medical benefits
of cannabis where other medicines hasn't helped or has many side effects.
Would you believe you can take cannabis oil that's real high in THC and not get a high! If you make suppositories
it won't make you high because it doesn't have the first pass through your liver. I know a few who use this method for COPD and arthritis with great results.
Big pharma is working overtime to synthesize the cannabinoids where they can get a patent. The main problem with this is the many side effects.. where the natural plant is much safer.

Now that's ingenuity too the max!!! Well my question is can it be smoked to get high AND provide the same benefits on the arthritis side? Seems like I remember it always made me hurt worse if I had some kind of pain or illness and partook in smoking it. This was pre-arthritic days of course and I cannot use it anyway because of job restrictions at the moment. Just planning ahead for golden years!

Last edited:

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Now that's ingenuity too the max!!! Well my question is can it be smoked to get high AND provide the same benefits on the arthritis side? Seems like I remember it always made me hurt worse if I had some kind of pain or illness and partook in smoking it. This was pre-arthritic days of course and I cannot use it anyway because of job restrictions at the moment. Just planning ahead for golden years!

"Well my question is can it be smoked to get high AND provide the same benefits on the arthritis side?"

Yes, it will relieve pain from arthritis and cannabis will decrease the inflammation in joints.
A friend uses cannabis oil for his arthritis with very good results... but, he did have side effects.
He said his vision has improved.. he no longer takes his heart pressure medicine, and he has lost some weight.
Other than that, he hasn't had any bad effects.
Cannabis oil is a concentrated form.. if it's made from high THC cannabis and taken by mouth.. a half drop is equal to 4 or 5 joints!
If taken by mouth, it takes about 1 1/2 hours to have an effect. This has put many people is a bad high because they use more thinking it's not working!

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch this video to the end....

And then think about your decisions...

Interesting. Why does the American Tea Party channel have a host that is from Montreal and his guest Dr. Boniface is from my home province? Did the Tea Party run out of Americans? :icon_scratch:
Anyway, I think the studies on IQ are inconsistent and flawed. I have seen studies that show it has increased intelligence!
Funny, I was a fairly poor student and in "High" school, I received the highest marks for the class that followed lunch hour. Like in the 90+ percent range.
That was after getting high (on weed) at lunch time. In fact, marijuana helps the wheels turn in my head more so and words and expressions flow better.
Why is it that best selling novelists create literary masterpieces after smoking weed? Lowers IQ? Not on everyone!
Like I said before, it effects all people differently. Some appear to have fried brains and others are geniuses.
It increases mental instability in some but reduces stress and anxiety in others. It definitely enhances one's creativity.
That's the problem with the lack of proper studies. It doesn't account for all the variables in the human experience. Everyone is different.
The only negative effect it has on me is those late night food binges from having the munchies. It would good if I was too skinny but not in my case! :o
Luckily, the detecting season started a few weeks ago and my gut is slowly shrinking. Winter is rough! :BangHead:

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

It's an herb - like millepertuis, try it - it's safe, if it doesn't work well for you - stop using it. :). I love it - that we as humans, can decide if we like tomatoes. :)

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I can remember it seems like it sped up my metabolism. I know I could eat the world in half and never gain a pound. Or maybe I was just 15 years younger now being 45.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing wrong with herb at all,except for being bad for the lungs if smoking.It is not for me personally,I enjoy a worse habit which is drinking that i am not proud of.But i know many people who smoke that are successful in their lives,and take care of their busyness.People are gonna have to face the fact that it will eventually be legal nationwide.I believe the people that don't like this fact is law enforcement,Judges,Lawyers,Prosecuting attorneys,"The latter being the scum of the earth"and everyone else that benefits from it being illegal.They don't even care about the medical benefits.That won't help fill their quotas and wallets.Smoke it if you got it!One day I might try to take up eating it:)

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
What a great song.... (hope this wasn't posted already)

Yes, I saw that song the other week, old Willie don't care to tell ya about pot!:laughing7:

Hey.. DigIron2

"There is nothing wrong with herb at all,except for being bad for the lungs if smoking."

I read a report several weeks back where a study was made on the effects of smoking marijuana...
The report said if a person ONLY smoked marijuana, that they had the same chance of getting lung cancer as a person who has never smoked anything..
and even a little less chance! I'll see if I can find the study.
If it's used for medical.. smoking isn't viewed as a good method.

I believe this is an over-view of that research?

https://patients4medicalmarijuana.w...info/marijuana-and-your-lungs-recent-studies/

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, I saw that song the other week, old Willie don't care to tell ya about pot!:laughing7:

Hey.. DigIron2

"There is nothing wrong with herb at all,except for being bad for the lungs if smoking."

I read a report several weeks back where a study was made on the effects of smoking marijuana...
The report said if a person ONLY smoked marijuana, that they had the same chance of getting lung cancer as a person who has never smoked anything..
and even a little less chance! I'll see if I can find the study.
If it's used for medical.. smoking isn't viewed as a good method.

I believe this is an over-view of that research?

https://patients4medicalmarijuana.w...info/marijuana-and-your-lungs-recent-studies/

I hear these work quite well.
004.JPG

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Willie is an ENTREPRENEUR, now... WILLIE'S RESERVE (Pot). To be sold in Colorado & Washington (state); April 20th was STONER'S HOLIDAY in Va. Beach, Va. "Nelson has been busted for Pot possession several times". AP; in The Virginia-PILOT (newspaper - Va. Beach, Va. 4/21/15) www.williesreserve.com

Last edited:

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am not in Texas right now - don't know if I will ever return - but listening to old Willie and Waylon songs et al makes me proud.

I hope Americans DEMAND in 2016 - to be set free.

It ain't Hilary & It ain't Jeb!

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Willie is an ENTREPRENEUR, now... WILLIE'S RESERVE (Pot). To be sold in Colorado & Washington (state); April 20th was STONER'S HOLIDAY in Va. Beach, Va. "Nelson has been busted for Pot possession several times". AP; in The Virginia-PILOT (newspaper - Va. Beach, Va. 4/21/15) Willie's Reserve

Umm, 4/20 may have been a stoners holiday slightly beyond Va. Reb..:occasion18:

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Surly no one in our country would ever think to use such a deadly weed such as marijuana!

It's legal to use in many states for medical.. in my state it's not legal in anyway.

Tennessee is only second to California in total production! And the estimate is $4.7-billion cannabis harvest in Tennessee!
But.. no one uses it... oh no! It must be fed to livestock.. yeah, that's it!:laughing7:

A report released today by a marijuana public policy analyst contends that the market value of pot produced in the U.S. exceeds $35 billion... but, they don't know for sure.:icon_scratch:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Surly no one in our country would ever think to use such a deadly weed such as marijuana!

It's legal to use in many states for medical.. in my state it's not legal in anyway.

Tennessee is only second to California in total production! And the estimate is $4.7-billion cannabis harvest in Tennessee!
But.. no one uses it... oh no! It must be fed to livestock.. yeah, that's it!:laughing7:

A report released today by a marijuana public policy analyst contends that the market value of pot produced in the U.S. exceeds $35 billion... but, they don't know for sure.:icon_scratch:

HA! Eat more beef, then... POT-laced!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will be legal in Oregon as of July. The prices will be "high"....as is the price of medical Marijuana. A lot of people will grow their own, amongst the tomatoes....:laughing7: Oregon Could Generate Up To $40 Million In Tax Revenue From Legal Weed.:icon_thumright:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting