NC field hunter
Silver Member
I recently mentioned loaf stones in a thread and Steve V. Posted some nice polished ones. I have a stone with a similar shape, but no traces(that I can see) of it being tooled. In my area "potato rocks" are ever where. Some show alteration really well, while others not so well. I know going on shape alone is a no no and I hate to keep posting "rocks" but, I'm curious about this one. Once again, HELP!!





Thanks fellas! I'll get it one day.





Thanks fellas! I'll get it one day.
Upvote
0
SORRY, I could resist.



I'm having an increadibly hard time understanding the more 'primitive' (less or not at all polished) tools. The pictures I see on line and in books all seem to be the 'ideal' or 'perfect- museum quality' version of 'loaf stone', but I still don't get it- especially with regards to less than perfect examples. I must be dense. I will eventually get some pics up of the variety of 'possible tools' I see so often. Disc or round or oval rocks, seemingly split down the middle and 'rubbed' smooth on the flat side... rocks broken- or shaped into 'L' shapes... A lot of 'L' shapes... I won't harp on that. My question war really about the loaf stone thing. So for now, can someone help me understand- please? thanks in advance.






