Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was born a poor black child, no wait that's another story.
Spent many years as a Supermodel leg shaver and body mister for water shots. That industry died out due to waxing and now laser hair removal.
During that time I wrote many hit songs in the 70's. Sweet home Alabama, most of the Beatle's songs, Eagles, Led Zeppelin's hits. stuff like that. Then I designed the space shuttle all by myself. Later I invented wireless communication. Working now on figuring out geologically the source of gold.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff-Gordon. Hey could ya invent the do-it-all detector? That way all the discussions about my detector is best would stop. Never mind. I love those debates. So educational.
Great space shuttle design.

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Global service technician

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other

ammo_u

Nov 25, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hurt in late 1997 in the usaf and lucky to be here. So I am a DAV, might as well say retired. Now I just enjoy everyday like there is not tomorrow I vol coach youth sports and like to swing the ole ACE 250 when I get the time and do a little arrowhead and morrel hunting as well.also love to fish. I am saving up to upgrade to an ATPRO or Whites MXT in the next 60 days or so. Then the ACE 250 will by son's.

Jnicholson

Greenie
Mar 9, 2013
Northwest Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Xtera 705, Ace 250

Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a store manager for Walmart. Done construction, and odds and end jobs. Been with Walmart 11 years and started out stocking shelves overnight

I C THE LITE

Mar 11, 2013
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
minelabs- se pro and excaliber, ace250, tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put 20 years into the US army (1979-1999) and 35 years into the brown army (UPS). Thankfully I did some overlapping of the 2 or I would really be old. I will retire on the 17th of Oct and become a full time metal detectorist (water/land) and bird hunter.

Adamsr0522

Dec 30, 2012
Cohoes NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and 350,BH Tracker IV and now the Garrett AT Pro and White's VX3.
Currently in year 6 with an international information technology company.
on assignment with General Electric.

Aside from that I'm a full time student studying Computer forensics and I'm a dad of 6.

Sent from my Galaxy note 2 using TreasureNet

treidm

Mar 10, 2013
Leavenworth, Kansas
Detector(s) used
~MineLab Explorer XS~
~10.5” DD, 8" Concentric~
~Sun Ray X-1 Target Probe~
~GreyGhost Nugget Buster NDT~
~ML XT 18000 - 10" Elliptical DD~
~Lesche Tools & Brunton 15TDCL Compass~
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Main Work:

Member of the I.B.E.W. (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers)

Work part of the time as a Nuclear Test Tech at Nuclear facilities

The rest as a Journeyman Wireman at Industrial Plants

Side-Home Business:

Make Boutique Quality Scented Candles, Melts, Soaps & Body Butter/Balm

Side-Side Work/Play:

Play in a band at open mic shows and annually at music festival on the amateur stage

Metal Detecting:

2001-Present

....Reid

Last edited:

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Retired Operating Engineer. We did enviromental work. Hazmat Site Supervisor, Asbestos Abatement, and underground tank removal/contaminated soil

EC.Mason

Feb 6, 2009
West Liberty Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did plumbing work in my late teens/ early twenties. I taught middle school history for a few years, then became assistant principal of a high school and am now in my first year as high school principal.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nickeltabs. Yeah that's my YouTube name as well.

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
ICU and Cardiothoracic ICU Nurse at Danbury Hospital. New to MD and looking forward to my ACE 350 and Pro-pointer to arrive from Big Boys. My 10 year old son is getting excited too. Could turn out to be family adventure. UPS says it is out for delivery today! Daryn

Last edited:

Subchaser

Dec 25, 2012
Ledyard, CT
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all...a huge thanks and Bravo Zulu(Navy thing, means well done) to all the uniformed services who have/are serving!!

20 years active duty in the U.S. Navy as a Boatswain's Mate...retired in 2004.
Since then I've been a Civil Service Ship Pilot hired on at the U.S Naval Submarine Base in Connecticut.....hence the name "Subchaser".

DSC00493.JPG 101218-N-7516W-307.jpg

foiled_again

Jan 29, 2013
DFW area, TX
Detector(s) used
CZ7a, Compadre (wader mod), Land Ranger Pro, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a geologist working in environmental consulting -- mostly due diligence reports for real estate transactions, plus some sections in Environmental Impact Reports for public-works projects. Got two degrees in geology back before the environmental field existed, and what I do has little or nothing to do with my education, but I fake it well. I worked on the fringes of the mining industry till that died, then in the oil patch until that died, and now environmental consulting, easily the least interesting of the three. Within the next year I'll be retiring and moving from California back to America...er, Texas. I'm having a metal detecting revival this year, thanks to planned retirement and some major upgrades to my equipment. Goal for this year; breaking my all-time record of $345 in clad (I'm ahead of schedule and with beach season coming up). I have no real idea whether it will be possible to operate on this magnitude in Texas...more time but sketchy weather and no beach. Anxious to see though.

EdCT

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2013
New to metal detecting. Served in the Army with a tour in 03-04 Iraq. Currently a Nuclear armed officer in CT

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm retired, and enjoying it. My last 20 years were spent as Welding Inspector, of those the last 15 years as a Bridge Inspector.
I went where the new bridges were being built as a DOT inspector.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread