What's new

Max hold on up there here comes Earl

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
1,253
Reaction score
21
Golden Thread
0
Location
East Tennessee
Looks like VA beach may be good about Fri better take a long weekend and be ready to dig some gold. I am headed south of you to Myrtle in the AM to do some hunting. Be safe and but get out and dig some gold.


Jason
 
Upvote 0
I'm going to Tybee Island Ga. this Thusday. Never hunted the surf before what should I expect? Just bought an excalibur II and can't wait to try it out.
 
We're strapping down everything we can in Bethany Beach, Deleware. We're about 10 miles north of Ocean City MD and last weekend they rescued 250 people from the surf.

It's going to be an interesting weekend.

Best of luck to everybody, Hold on tight!
 
Good luck all, Jayer, some advice... don't go in the water... could lose your life. Storms and rough seas are nothing to mess with. :thumbsup:
 
I just hope it stays offshore, or we will all have problems on the East coast. I mean big ones.
 
Jayare,

Stay off the sand bar on the south end of the beach, strong rip tides there!!
been many rescues & drownings there this year .. just saying ... stay safe...

BTW.. Tybee is hit hard almost daily by several locals.. I don't even go there except to hit the soft sand .
 
Don't mean to hijack your thread but please read my thread

"PLEASE DON'T DO STUPID!!! PLEASE"
 
Jayare,
I wouldn't go in past much more than ankle deep
even on the north beach by the lighthouse depending
on the wave height.
JUST USE YOUR OWN GOOD JUDGEMENT AND STAY SAFE !!

and good luck !! HH
 
how can you hunt in surf that is throwing you everywhere but loose ?
How can you find a target and dig that target before a wave shoves you somewhere else ?
I have walked around in the surf on the east coast waist deep and can't keep my footing
for more than the time one wave passes another....
How in Gods name do you expect to do this in a Hurricane ?
 
Just spent some time here in Florida as it was passing. I think we need more of a direct hit.
 
last year I hunted as hurricane Bill went on by us in NJ. I was in ankle deep water and got knocked over by a wave and could easily have been pulled out. I have great respect for rough waters now.
 
This hurricane blows. But what will it uncover? Good luck to all. Work the middle grounds and banks, no reason to tempt fate. Arty
 
wavecrazed said:
Just spent some time here in Florida as it was passing. I think we need more of a direct hit.

Yeah, I want a direct hit. Screw the thousands in damages if it helps me find a gold ring......
 
Met Jayare on the beach this morning, had a breif chat and on my way
what a nice guy!
BTW: like your new Excal.. that's on my X-Mas list

good luck on Tybee !!
and HH.
 
It was nice to meet you GeorgiaSwinger . I just got back and for the whole trip I got $5.60 in clad, one silver earring, a broken junk necklace, old WWII 50 caliber bullet(I think) , 4 tent stakes, and a couple of match box cars.
 

Attachments

  • 0903101415.webp
    0903101415.webp
    6.8 KB · Views: 136

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom