Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

My Grick friend, that looks like a very practical solution for camp usage and good looking. BUT not for cleareing trail.. Incidentally a camp knife needs to be no longer than 5 inches, and you have a very good shaped blade. I didn't think that the Gricks had any use for blades since the battle of Thermopylea . :laughing7::occasion14:

Last edited:
I have been thinking that it would not be a bad idea to take a road flare with me if needing help. 3 shots a pause and 3 shots is a call for help, but a lot of people don't know that anymore. Granted a flare will start a fire really easy. ;) I tried to take a picture of my brush/cactus cutter, with my new phone to up load it, but I am not as Tech savy on these stupid phones and my camera died. I'll get it done sometime, the total blade is 10 inches from the tang and 8 inches is blade, 440 Stainless Steel with staining from cactus blood on it. ;) If you cut the stocks for the seeds it stops it from have a field of them. At least a smaller field.

I have been thinking that it would not be a bad idea to take a road flare with me if needing help. 3 shots a pause and 3 shots is a call for help, but a lot of people don't know that anymore. Granted a flare will start a fire really easy. ;) I tried to take a picture of my brush/cactus cutter, with my new phone to up load it, but I am not as Tech savy on these stupid phones and my camera died. I'll get it done sometime, the total blade is 10 inches from the tang and 8 inches is blade, 440 Stainless Steel with staining from cactus blood on it. ;) If you cut the stocks for the seeds it stops it from have a field of them. At least a smaller field.

A disadvantage of firing three shots spaced apart at multiple intervals as a distress signal ; is running out of arrows too quickly......:tongue3:

Hang in there audigger....
I just entered my second day of processing an upgrade to an iphone.
Still no end in sight.

#/;0{> ~

Funny you should talk about my personal Flip Phone. I think I buy a cheap camera and use the bad pictures as hints to the gold digging places. ;) Can't be worse than the bad clues from Waltz. LOL

ON the three shots for distress signal, while this is pretty much widely known, it can fool you. We had an incident a couple of years ago where Loke and I both heard three spaced shots, and rushed to find out the trouble only there was no trouble.

:coffee2: :coffee2:

Sometimes the grernhorn. that doesn't know the pattern, is just found by the number of buzzards circling the area, only to be clutching his rifle in his cold dead hands..

#/:0{> ~

"ON the three shots for distress signal, while this is pretty much widely known, it can fool you. We had an incident a couple of years ago where Loke and I both heard three spaced shots, and rushed to find out the trouble only there was no trouble. "
Should be 3 pause and 3, and hope he carried spare ammo.

One shot Meat. Two shots Maybe. Three shots Never. Learned that years and years back. Only time it wasn't true was when I was shooting doubles, 2 shots, two birds and that was with a single shot 16 gauge. Second shot was held about the chamber and when the breach was open and the first ejected, just rocked the left hand back and then forward to reload and the shoot the second bird. That is when I could not run the shot ring over both birds at the same time. Two for one was a "Good Double" as I had to buy my own shells. Was in HS at the time and not much money, got real stingy. ;)

DSCF0002.JPG
That's mine knife. Now it allows me to post it. The Edge is 8 inches. The sheaf is a little to short for the knife and I made the end to sharp. LOL But it cuts cactus stalks really good.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1467222728.067688.jpg

This is my knife...
Multiple-function tool.

All three knives and axe are sharp enough to shave with.

#/;0{>~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back