Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose'. Good morning! Okay, so I am caught up with more of your stories here. Such awesome reading (as are the other hombres posts here). Whoa! And... I thought my Dad was the most adventurous man in the world! :) He, btw, made it back to the states yesterday. His Dengue is not getting better. But, thankfully he is heading to Mayo today. He is my hero, and will pull out of this. Keep your fingers (and pick-axe's) crossed, please.

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning Mastiff etc. Thanks for the update on Jim. Gonna give Nancy hell for not advising me. Jim was a top rated adventurer, as was your mom. He'll be just fine, sides he owes me several cups of coffee.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning Mastiff etc. Thanks for the update on Jim. Gonna give Nancy hell for not advising me. Jim was a top rated adventurer, as was your mom. He'll be just fine, sides he owes me several cups of coffee.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Good morning Don Jose. Happy day to you. I am so glad you got to meet my whole family.

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning J. after meeting your mom 'Nancy with the laughing eyes' and her refusing to divorce your father, Jim, and marry me, I can understand why you are so cottin pickin purty. Hi to your family J. and keep posting, especially on your finds.

Don Jose de La Mancha & Berta

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning J. after meeting your mom 'Nancy with the laughing eyes' and her refusing to divorce your father, Jim, and marry me, I can understand why you are so cottin pickin purty. Hi to your family J. and keep posting, especially on your finds.

Don Jose de La Mancha & Berta

Whew! You know how to make a girl's day a happy one. Berta picked herself a winner! My mom only knew my dad 3 days before she married him, and the rest ((as they, whoever 'they' are) is, history. Those two are still chasing each other around, laughing, getting silly, and exploring something new and cool every day. Like you, I want them to write a book. No one would believe it. But, I am witness, like Jamie, to it all. So special. BTW, thanks for helping me with the question regarding GRS devices. My husband is starting to get jealous in my interest about them. Lol.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Mastiff4me wrote
Berta picked herself a winner!

Agreed - and I would say that Don Jose did too! :thumbsup: We better stop this before El Tropical Tramp starts needing a bigger sombrero! :tongue3: Don't tell him I said this of course.

Last edited:

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mastiff4me wrote

Agreed - and I would say that Don Jose did too! :thumbsup: We better stop this before El Tropical Tramp starts needing a bigger sombrero! :tongue3: Don't tell him I sadi this of course.

I love it!!!

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You gonna listen to that sheep lover luv?? G'd morning, hi to hubby and tell him to joins us for a cuppa hot coffee -unfortunately this will include that sheep lover, but to balance it, his wonderful wife & the Baskerville hounds.?

Have been off due to helping another which gave me a Boot Codec virus>>> no cumputer.

Jose

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
You gonna listen to that sheep lover luv?? G'd morning, hi to hubby and tell him to joins us for a cuppa hot coffee -unfortunately this will include that sheep lover, but to balance it, his wonderful wife & the Baskerville hounds.?

Have been off due to helping another which gave me a Boot Codec virus>>> no cumputer.

Jose

Hay nothing like grilled LAMB CHOPS amigo - and sorry to hear you had a computer virus. I quit accepting all the forwards that people love to send, because I got a virus that killed a computer that way - so watch it with those forward emails buddy, best thing is not to open them at all.

Now how about sharing some more of your adventures as a Tayopa treasure hunter Don Jose? Hmm? Thank you in advance, take your time but hurry!
Oroblanco

Patiently waiting (I can wait a long time - until Monday at the latest) :coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
COMPUTER VIRUS? I think you've been spending too much time with yer toilet paper eatin' mistress!

Mike

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mikelite, What a depressing, dedication, to deviant decisions, and desires you have developed. Sigh, now what do I have to insult that Dakotaite and his sheep with ???? Inicidentally he once sent me a picture of the Queen of the herd -flock 0r ????? which I ill post A SOON as the desk top is up and running full bore again

Which reminds me, keep fresh batteries in your phone so we can home in and at least recover a nice pair of hiking boots 'and' the keys to MY land Rover.

Seriously hi mike, el Gulllum.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Mikelite, What a depressing, dedication, to deviant, decisions, and desires you have developed. Sigh, now what do I have to insult that Dakotaite and his sheep with ???? Inicidentally he once sent me a picture of the Queen of the herd -flock 0r ????? which I ill post A SOON as the desk top is up and running full bore again

Which reminds me, keep fresh batteries in your phone so we can home in and at least recover a nice pair of hiking boots 'and' the keys to MY land Rover.

Seriously hi mike, el Gulllum.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Don Jose and your purty mule - Mike simply doesn't understand that you are I are both ANIMAL LOVERS! :tongue3:

Now about those adventures....:protest:.:icon_study: :icon_biggrin:

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geeze Oro, what kinda a life do you think that I have lived to be able to come up with a 'true' adventure daily ?? Seriously, I will be running out of materiel for the err, ah, a bit tarde book.Do your share. ame goes for the res tof you , post.,

'\Don Jose d eLa Mancha

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
JDDDL8-221009-143435.jpg

To check mailbox 2/10 mile away today required a skating display on the snow covered ice using crutches, followed by an ungraceful ride on golf cart with left front wheel sticking causing some odd fishtailing. I would borrow Don Jose,s mule but he would not part with her.
They say in time you resemble your partner a little.

Last edited:

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ladies & Gentlemen, no coffee until some of you start posting. I have to keep some things for the book, no ? . Don Jose d eLa Mancha
I want your book, today! Every footstep. All adventures! You will make Raiders of the Lost Ark look like a simple walk in the park. :) Often, from my Dad's plane I used to see a mountain in between the general area of Hermasillo/Obregon that seems (from above) to house a pretty significant cave. It always intrigued me. Have you seen it? Does Mt. Alamos house any caves? Have you seen the old miners tokens they used to have in Aduana? I saw one on eBay yesterday for the first time. Pretty cute. The Alamos silver minted coins are fetching a pretty good price too. I just finished reading The Almada's of Alamos (again) and The Hummingbirds daughter. So good. Now I just want Don Jose' de la Mancha's!!! I will bring a book I wrote to you in March. :) Now, do I get coffee???

OP
OP
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning luv, will your hubby and you join Jim, Nancy, and me for our morning coffee? Yes I have seen the Quintera script money, once found a an olla full of them.. As for Alamos minted coins, i had quite a few, mostly 1888. can't find any right now, I have given most away to honest collectors who appreciate them and will take care of them, , in one case a crippled young boy. A handful were uncirculated.

Yes, there are many caves in the Alamos region, some still contain effectively untouched cliff dwelling..

As for mt Alamos, in Aduana there is a shaft that connects with a welll constructed tunnel that apparently exists somehwer south of Alamos. It passes under the Mt. The floor is covered with white sand - increased visibility ?? -- and did have a flow of fresh air, but lately the flow has diminished, prob due to a partial cave in somewhere.

Alamos Mt is covered with old mines and prospect holes, but today only a handfull are still visible or 'known'. Want some stories on them ?

Don Jose de la mancha ( he who has adapted thoroughly to old Mexican customs ---Manana )

8 REALES Alamos minted. 1885.jpg

Last edited:

Mastiff4me

Sep 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah! I am on my tip-toes! I can't wait to hear more. Yes! My hubby, sis, and parents will ALL love coffee. As you know, my parents gave me their heart of adventure, like them. My hubby laughs at me everyday, finding me up to my neck in holes. Right now I am practicing my old privy skills. My girlfriends want to get a polished manicure, while I can't wait to keep getting my hands dirty. :) I love that you shared your coins. Good story. So cool. I took my detector into the arroyo behind the sugar mill section of the hacienda (awhile after hurricane Norbert came to town). I did not come across any silver but my kids and I collected so many old, awesome pieces of aged colored tile and pretty rocks, we could have built a dam bigger than the one in Mocuzari. Speaking of which, I recently heard a story from a local friend there, that at one time, there was a village, that had become flooded and covered for a century or two near there. Now, in thinking of the former drought, if it (the story) is true, what fun it would be to walk amongst the ruins there! Now, I do not want to veer off of your amazing Tayopa page, so should I send my thoughts to your TNet box instead? What fun it is to know you. I actually remember a few years ago, when my dad was telling me "Jodi, you would love my friend, and of the stories he holds and of the experiences he has had". And, lo and behold, I met you by accident, out of all the millions of people in the world, here on Treasurenet. Boy, that cracked him up. He loved it! Whoop-whoop!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread