What's new

My first Gold coin!

Orbitz

Full Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
142
Reaction score
299
Golden Thread
0
Location
Denver Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Bounty Hunter VLF
Bounty Hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to go back to that park tomorrow!!!
Found 6" with BH 505 in back of old park
that was once a retirement home.
 

Attachments

  • 887005_10151533472451509_180269615_o.webp
    887005_10151533472451509_180269615_o.webp
    38.7 KB · Views: 2,095
  • 885529_10151533473956509_1204310165_o.webp
    885529_10151533473956509_1204310165_o.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,841
Last edited:
Upvote 118
it makes perfect sense that you can find gold coins, cause 100 years ago, gold coins were everyday pocket money!!! ....I just wanted to share that small pearl of wisdom.
 
Beautiful GOLD, which by the way is one of my favorite colors when digging (chrome being another one when I'm driving). Congratulations on making the BANNER and finding a great coin! :) Breezie
 
Congrats! Welcome to the club! :icon_thumright:
 
Congrats on a great find! I'd make it a habit to hunt that area a lot more this season if I were you!Hope you find the rest of the tribe too they probably need the sun by now.....
 
I want to thank everyone for the vote for Banner!
I never thought I would make the "Gold" club!!!
:hello2:
 
Congrats man.....now get back there and find another one!
 
Still on my list of things to find, just like nuggets used to be many years ago. Nicely done--that's a great find!

All the best,

Lanny
 
Congrats on that beautiful coin. Can't imagine finding something like that. Great job.
 
Awesome find! I guess this find just goes to prove Bounty Hunter will find GOLD and not just clad, as others on the forum have insinuated. Keep digging!
 
Saw your great find when you first posted it but could only find time to reply now. What you found is rare and any gold coin should be considered a Banner finds. See you received those honors. Most people I have seen who found a gold coin usually does not have repeated success. And, very few found a second one. However, when I sold detectors with a friend during the late 1970's, we received correspondence from a detectorist in Utah, who back then, had found five gold coins just by searching old towns and ghost towns. It appears gold coinage circulated heavily in Utah. I don't know of anyone in any other state that could match his success, unless of course, if someone found a cache. Great find! Congratulations.
 
Orbitz that is awesome man CONGRATS
 
congrats NICE!!!
 
Thanks, I was thinking it's gonna be the only gold coin I ever find, but I have to keep looking because someone said that 100 yrs ago gold coins were every day pocket change, so there must
be much more down there, evern if I never find another, that's just the drive I need to keep going! Thanks again, -Kenny
 
Congradulation on the Gold Coin Banner Find. I live in Charlotte,N.C and with a U S Mint During the 1800's, you would think a Charlotte Gold Coin would show up.
 
This is a very beautiful find, congrats
 
That is stunning! I want one.
 
Awesome gold coin and BANNER find!!!:thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom