my house....

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
NOTHING. Well that pretty much says it.? I searched for hours today with nothing but 2 square nails, now i know theyr from the 1700's or 1800's but i have enough now!? there was one thing i saw last fall, it was a square impression in the ground, Could this mean a privy, outhouse, or bottle dump?, It was the size of a shower but square, about the size of an outhouse, but its now overtaken by poison ivy :(? This stuff ruins THing near me >:(? Gotta get some poison ivy killer.? ?Course it didnt help that i forgot my shovel, went all the way back to the house to get it, put bug spray on, went back to the site, realized i forgot my shovel AGAIN, went back to the house and got it, then dropped my headphones in the dirt cause the chords too short and i cant stand up when theyre attached to my detector, I think im startin to loose it lol, speakin of loosin it does anyone else carry a high power BB pistol around in the woods or am i the only one? cause i once got chased by some drunk guys ridin ATVs that had chainsaws! not a good combo.

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! Nice post by Lonewolf and good experience for us all. I don't think I could get lost here where I am but it's possible, last bear around here was shot in the late 1800s, only wild animal fear here is a wild female pig with piglets. I've ran into wild pigs but they move off in the opposite direction. I have an ATV, you better have more than that to scare me because I have an 18" shovel that will beat the crap out of you worse than a baseball bat. The worst thing that scared me is being out in the middle of a field detecting, thinking I'm very alone, and someone tapping me on the shoulder to ask me what I am doing. It's happened several times. HH and nice post! Mike

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
LoL, that happened to me once too, i was in the middle of a large field then out of nowhere i hear a cough and i look behind me and theres some old guy with a 6 pack walkin through the field lol. Wish i had an atv, could definetly get to places in my woods to detect alot faster!! Do you use yours when you go metal detecting?

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an ATV and used it to get to the old stagecoach site I surveyed. I have a back problem and can't walk very far and it has been a lifesaver. Problem with ATVs is that too many people have a tendency to abuse them and rut up the forest and trails. Remember to only take them where it is permitted or there are ATV trails or you have permission to cross private land. It's a lot like MDing if you abuse it you will loose it! JIM

SaintSea

Feb 13, 2005
Central Florida
"... then dropped my headphones in the dirt cause the chords too short and i cant stand up when theyre attached to my detector..."
I know what you mean, Jake - I used to hate that! So, a week ago I went wireless! I saw some suggestions on this website about using a wireless transmitter to send the sounds of my detector to my earphones (through a portable radio) via a little contraption that is easily found/sold on E-bay. I bought one (called IRock) for less than 10 bucks and I LOVE LOVE LOVE not having to be chained to my detector anymore! Might be an answer for you, too.
Ruth

OP
OP
JakePhelps

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
WIRELESS!!!!!!!! I need those lol. Yea, ATVing isnt allowed in my woods either, which i dont mind cause its nice and quiet lol.

R

rusty nails

in my hood they start young on atvs - youll see little kids like 6 riding on these huge 4 wheelers - its crazy - also the first time i have ever seen girls x 4 riding motocross - theres a pro atv course - thats about 1 mile from my hood - so everybody gets into it - i dont have one yet - for that price i can buy a beater car - to drive to work - ;D LBP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread