My today's dowsing finds.

This is a very dangerous thing to say when it comes to comparison to dowsing. Because let's be totally honest here: The moment we go THERE, is the moment you start to acknowledge there's something spiritual about it. And no no no we can't go there. That would put it in the camp of spooks or occult or religion or supernatural. And we simply can't have that. Hence most dowsers distance themselves from such explanations. Lest they fall into a camp of hocus pocus or occult.

If a dowser wishes to attribute the supposed ability to this, I would TOTALLY accept that. But you'll notice that very few do (for the obvious implications that would immediately follow). Not so for religion and the existence of God. Yes: those things ARE metaphysical and supernatural. Not so for dowsing. Unless , of course, you wish to attribute the power of dowsing to this ? Let us know :) You will then find yourself in a debate of "do we expose ourselves to some power" debate. Or a biblical prohibition of "consulting spirits" and so forth.

Mind you I'M NOT GOING THERE. It is you that brings it up. But let me guess: to address your question is to be "argumentative" right ?

I wasnt trying to compare dowsing to religion. I was trying to say neither is really scientifically backed up. Yet people believe in both. And that is their choice. Like I said before, its how you say what you think about dowsing. That is, I believe, what makes it argumentative.

I wasnt trying to compare dowsing to religion. I was trying to say neither is really scientifically backed up. Yet people believe in both. And that is their choice. Like I said before, its how you say what you think about dowsing. That is, I believe, what makes it argumentative.

wish I could address this . But now it's on the pro-dowsing-only forum section.

Hey fmrUSMC_0844: I am retired Air Force. Lots of memories too. Although I am Air Force, semper fi. We have them surrounded.

Last edited:
With our dowsing, us dowsers are just like little old ladies. We simply dowse and find many things in many different places, without knowing exactly how dowsing works. Oh, yes, we have somewhat of an idea as we have experimented trying this and that method or procedure, and found what works for each of us individually. But there is one thing we do know for certain, it really is fun because we do not know what our next find is.
That is correct. You know what works for you. What advantage would you have if you knew exactly what made dowsing it work
I saw your 5 gallon buckets. I always carry a gold pan and a 1 inch screen that fits the bucket. I screen into the bucket checking it with my rods to see target is in it...Art

Is there a place on this forum where the legitimacy of dowsing can be discussed? It's not like we are debating whether the sky is blue. Whether you are pro or con, you have to admit it is a controversial topic. And it's not like the "non believers" don't have valid points to make. There are arguments to be made for both sides. As long as people remain civil, what's the problem with debating it?

Is there a place on this forum where the legitimacy of dowsing can be discussed? It's not like we are debating whether the sky is blue. Whether you are pro or con, you have to admit it is a controversial topic. And it's not like the "non believers" don't have valid points to make. There are arguments to be made for both sides. As long as people remain civil, what's the problem with debating it?

The problem is not debating it. That is fine. Its the way people go about it. In so many words they are calling them liars. There are ways to say things and those ways were not being used.

The problem is it doesn't remain civil.

January 20, 2017 A New Beginning!

Best of luck to you. Use a metal detector to back you up. Using dowsing, you do not dig up pull tabs. Good hunting and good luck.

I have been on here since 02. The skeptics keep using to the same old questions from the skeptics bible. The keep talking pure nonsense. ...Art

For people who can Dowse it is not a controversial topic.
That is correct. The challenge for dowsers is to sharpen their dowsing shots and learn from them. I brought along two 5 gallon buckets, but ended up using only one. This was one tough target to find, even after pin pointing it.

fmr: i retired in July 1990 so I missed Iraq.

When dowsers posts their finds all of a sudden all &^%$ breaks lose, no matter where the post is in the forum. So far, in this thread this time, I have not been called a cheat, thief or a liar. By comparison to how it was a few years ago, what has been said here so far does not bother me in the least.

Stay tuned folks, hopefully more dowsing finds coming soon to show and tell.

Last edited:

If it is on a forum heading other than this one, and it remains civil, the there is "no problem 'debating' it." But if it is on this forum heading, this section is reserved for only the "pro" view. Which is fine. I can understand that. Art, lesjcbs and other advocates may at times answer questions and challenge if on another forum heading section. But not on this particular forum heading.

I guess it would be sort of like having a forum about violins, yet someone kept coming on and posting talk about trout fishing. Eventually a mod. there would get upset and say: This forum is *strictly* about violins. I can understand that.

Also: as it pertains to "remains civil" , let's not define "civil" to be: "If you are showing a weakness or falsehood in my system [& supporting rationale], that is therefore defined as un-civil". We are all adults here, and .... just as I can take some ribbing in another's efforts to show a logical failure in my rationale, so too should the converse tough skin be expected. I thought it was a civil conversation.

You miss the point...
This forum is limited to the discussion of simple, inexpensive (or FREE!) devices and techniques. That means NO discussion of electrical devices of any kind. Feel free to discuss L-rods, Spanish dip needles, map dowsing, and other dowsing related subjects.

Because of past experience with similar forums, I will not have much patience in the forum, so if you veer off topic you just might find your post deleted and your permissions restricted. If you have some constructive information to share about dowsing then great, feel free to post!! If you want to post just to toot your own horn or to sneak in links to your long range locator website, then beware - I am ready to ban you! PERMANENTLY!

Yes there are rules. There are some of the rules that I don't like because I use other treasure hunting devices. My family and friends know what I can do with rods. Those are the only ones I have to prove anything to...Art

.... Feel free to discuss ....dowsing related subjects....

Hmm , interesting. Yes I knew that electronic devices (LRL) was dis-allowed from this forum section. But I also thought this section was, in addition to that, ... only for the "pro" view of dowsing as well. You're saying this is not the case? What say T'net mods ? Art correct or no ?

As for "constructive information", Yes: I consider my views/challenges, etc.... to be *quite* "constructive". :icon_thumleft: What can be more constructive than getting the root of the claimed ability of a TH'ing method ? Let's not define "constructive" and "civil" to mean: "So long as you agree with my view, and don't show a weakness in my logic, THEN you are 'constructive' and 'civil'. " Eh ?

Here is a great video on dowsing. Enjoy.

Hmm , interesting. Yes I knew that electronic devices (LRL) was dis-allowed from this forum section. But I also thought this section was, in addition to that, ... only for the "pro" view of dowsing as well. You're saying this is not the case? What say T'net mods ? Art correct or no ?

As for "constructive information", Yes: I consider my views/challenges, etc.... to be *quite* "constructive". :icon_thumleft: What can be more constructive than getting the root of the claimed ability of a TH'ing method ? Let's not define "constructive" and "civil" to mean: "So long as you agree with my view, and don't show a weakness in my logic, THEN you are 'constructive' and 'civil'. " Eh ?
Tom, I have already addressed it....

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

When a person posts and ask us for help I get ticked off when people come in here and interferes with the answers. I come here to answer questions and help. If you read the all the posts you will find that Randi and the other skeptics things have been discussed many times..Art

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back