My today's dowsing finds.

When a person posts and ask us for help I get ticked off when people come in here and interferes with the answers. I come here to answer questions and help. If you read the all the posts you will find that Randi and the other skeptics things have been discussed many times..Art

I can appreciate that. If this is a sub forum for dowsing enthusiasts to come and share, learn, support.....then the dowsing debate should held elsewhere. I take it you are not opposed to debate, but it just needs to be held in the proper venue.

I can appreciate that. If this is a sub forum for dowsing enthusiasts to come and share, learn, support
If someone wants to talk about why dowsing does not work there are many forums on the internet where that can be done...Art

Last edited:
Tom:

Einstein said: “The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time.” I like the word simple.

The "certain factors” here is the energy from targets buried in the ground we cannot see with our naked eyes, that we are sensing on the sub conscience level. The dowsing rods are the visual devices that makes us aware we are picking up that energy.

I have read how some dowsers are so sensitive to target energies, they do not need the rods as they can feel the energies with their hands only.

The web site below talks about how we (Including you) have the ability to sense energies both inside and outside ourselves (bodies), and through practice, how we can develop that sensing ability. The last sentence in the next to the last paragraph talks about sensing objects.

Goto: https://www.changeyourenergy.com/blog/712/20131031-did-you-know-you-can-sense-energy-heres-how

I deal with phantom pain from a missing limb.
Science determines it is like a bio feedback arrangement.
The brain sends out a request for updates ( a normal steady event) and when it does not receive a reply , it duplicates the last or a previous received message.

All good and well until the Kirlian type photo approach is used to describe a person feeling a missing limb has an aura showing it , while the limb is missing in the aura shot when the subject does not feel it. ( Tests were done too on nonliving objects with portions removed.)

The question then arises ,do non living things have " aura's"?

A cloud of rust around a decomposed iron or metal object hints of a halo effect.
As does a coin buried long ,compared to a fresh drop when metal detecting suggest a " halo/ aura" effect. ( No offence meant by mentioning an electrical device in a dowsing forum.)
Energy our bodies have. Energy exists beyond them. Can static be a signal? Can a signal be understood ,directed or tuned?

Energy our bodies have. Energy exists beyond them. Can static be a signal? Can a signal be understood ,directed or tuned?
I can not feel or see the signals I receive. I have learned how to find these signals and follow them. I have learned what my rods are telling. How this is done does not bother me. All I know is I am so happy when I see the gold. Yes the aura from a person can be read by dowsing rods....Art

Dowsing Rods and Aura's

Why do I mention Dowsing Rods and Aura's? I didn't know anything about Aura's and didn't believe or disbelieve in them until I came upon a web site named Dowsing Rods and Aura's. An Aura is simply a magnet field around your body. Heres a little test you can try if you have learned to use your dowsing rods

Have a person stand in front of you. Walk slowly toward them and when your rods cross you are inside of their aura.Now back up slowly until your rods open and then close to a vee. This is the outer edge of the aura.

Now have the person focus on different emotions and measure their field simply by staying in front of them. First I have the person focus on anger.I give them a few minutes to focus and ask them to think about something that makes them angry.

I have to move forward to make the rods form a vee because anger makes the aura shrink.I then ask them to think of something that makes them very happy. Give them a few minutes and you will have to move way backwards to form the vee because happyness expands the aura way passed where the normal aura was.

Have them think of stress and love and see what happens..Have Fun..

Last edited:
When a person posts and ask us for help I get ticked off when people come in here and interferes with the answers. ...

Which is why this forum section is set aside for only the affirming view.

If someone chimes in here with dissenting counter views, they will soon be asked to take their views to another forum. WHICH IS FINE . Those persons "asking for help" may not necessarily be pointed to counter evidence and more-plausible-explanations. But .... sure: That's the purpose of a forum with this title after-all: Just the affirming view.

for art (post #225), and relevanchair (#224) and lesjcbs many posts (Einstein, etc...): I read and loved them all. Fascinating insight into the mind-set rationale.

Here is something else to play with
A metallic pendulum attached by a wire will take on the charge of the hand it is being held by. A pendulum held by a nonconductive string will take on the charge of the last hand which held the pendulum. The pendulum when rotating above an object of a similar charge will continue to rotate and eventually swing back and forth perpendicular to the object. This pendulum when rotating above an object of the opposite charge will start to swing back and forth parallel to the object being dowsed. Caution here when dowsing an object you have touched the object will usually take on the charge of the last hand that touched it. This can be demonstrated by dowsing over an object such as a table knife depending on which hand touched the knife last an opposite reaction of the dowsing device will be seen.

A metallic pendulum attached by a wire will take on the charge of the hand it is being held by. A pendulum held by a nonconductive string will take on the charge of the last hand which held the pendulum. The pendulum when rotating above an object of a similar charge will continue to rotate and eventually swing back and forth perpendicular to the object. This pendulum when rotating above an object of the opposite charge will start to swing back and forth parallel to the object being dowsed. Caution here when dowsing an object you have touched the object will usually take on the charge of the last hand that touched it. This can be demonstrated by dowsing over an object such as a table knife depending on which hand touched the knife last an opposite reaction of the dowsing device will be seen.

Wow. If you ever want this to be held to scrutiny and questioning, this is another whoozie to put on a regular forum heading. It has all sorts of scientific verbiage ("charges" and "reactions" and "non-conductive" and so forth). So .... I'm sure many persons would hone in on those statements for cross-analysis.

Wow. If you ever want this to be held to scrutiny and questioning,
Did you try the experiment?
this is another whoozie to put on a regular forum heading.
Why?
It has all sorts of scientific verbiage ("charges" and "reactions" and "non-conductive" and so forth).
Yes it does
So .... I'm sure many persons would hone in on those statements for cross-analysis.
Just good information if you use a pendulum

I'd love to see a video of this.

I'd also be very interested to see how accurately you can determine the direction a knife if pointing if you can't see it or the person who placed it.

I'd also be very interested to see how accurately you can determine the direction a knife if pointing if you can't see it or the person who placed it.
If you did not want to learn anything from the experiment you can try it that way...Art

... Why?...

You're joking, right ? You KNOW that can't be answered on this forum. Your notions (dowsing, pendulums, etc...) are safe from scrutiny here. If you want to see if there's any data (beyond the "affirming" position) you'd have take it to another forum heading/section.

Found your tennis shoes Tom but no treasure

Untitled.jpg

I was just reading your old posts. Those are funny claims. Dowsing is fun. Just refreshing my memory as to who you are. It would be easier if someone would delete all of Mikes post that he did not delete properly
..Art

Last edited:
Sadly, Tom the troller never tires of trolling certain T'net subjects, do you Tom? While he tries to tempt you to talk, Tom's true intent is trolling to create drama, tease, and waste your valuable time. Apparently Tom has a lot of time on his hands.
Don't throw away your time feeding trolls, folks.
Well said! Haven't been keeping up on this one. Too many other useful projects going on. Was reading one of the other threads, and had "The Big Bang Theory" on in the background. It hit me and I almost fell off the chair! We have our very own Sheldon here! If you haven't seen the show watch a couple episodes and tell me if he doesn't sound like Sheldon. Sheldon er ah Tom only wants one thing here. He needs to have everyone bow down and tell him he's right. I'm sorry but I can't figure out how he thinks anyone has to prove ANYTHING to him. Your troll explanation explains why he wastes so much time & effort on a subject he doesn't believe in. Ok, Sheldon we got it! You apparently funded an expedition and in the process got taken for I assume a large amount of money and now are determined to get revenge on every dowser on earth. Let it go! There's better more positive ways to vent your feelings. Have yourself a real nice day there! :hello:

.... He needs to have everyone bow down and tell him he's right. ...

I notice a curious one-way-definition: That if a proponent goes to great lengths to bolster/defend a notion, that's just fine. Right ? But if a counter-view goes to great lengths to dissuade that notion, then he just "wants everyone to bow down to him". Eh ? Funny how that finger-pointing claim only works one way. It only works against the one vocal view. But not the other, eh ? I get it :)

... Your troll explanation explains why he wastes so much time & effort on a subject he doesn't believe in....

Great name-calling. "Troll" is the name given when the person being challenged to answer a critique, realizes their views lack logic. Eh ? If that is the correct definition, fine: I'm a "troll" :icon_thumleft:

But in any case: the subject itself can not be discussed on this forum.

Last edited:
noun: troll; plural noun: trolls

1. a mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.
But in any case: the subject itself can not be discussed on this forum.
I am not an ordinary Dowser. My methods are a lot different than most everyone here. I don’t have a problem with the people here....Art

noun: troll; plural noun: trolls

1. a mythical, cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.

Wait, hold on, according to boogeyman, the definition is: "Anyone who shows a weakness of my views". Thanx for setting the definition straight for us and him Art :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back