What's new

My today's dowsing finds.

The "certain factors” here is the energy from targets buried in the ground we cannot see with our naked eyes, that we are sensing on the sub conscience level. The dowsing rods are the visual devices that makes us aware we are picking up that energy.
In my opinion those energies enter your feet and go through your body and come out and keep going. When I stand on an energy line the rods will cross. If I lift one foot the rods will open just like I turned off a switch. When you learn where and how to find these lines you are in business...Art
 
In my opinion those energies enter your feet and go through your body and come out and keep going. When I stand on an energy line the rods will cross. If I lift one foot the rods will open just like I turned off a switch. When you learn where and how to find these lines you are in business...Art
Aart: Even though I have not done that, it makes perfect sense to me. I'll bet it works great for those long distance shots.

Folks, I am taking the rest of the night off. I will be back tomorrow. Have a good evening.
 
Last edited:
Anyone that wants to do a blind test of his dowsing can do it at home....

Sure. But when this turns out to show it doesn't work, these results will be promptly dismissed by believers. It will not solve the issue. The "fall-back" lines quickly get trotted out:

a) that person didn't have the gift.

b) that person needs more practice.

Right ? Hence, no, it won't solve or show anything :(
 
.... Einstein said: “The dowsing rod is a simple instrument which shows the reaction of the human nervous system to certain factors which are unknown to us at this time.” ....

This is the classic "un-discovered science" rationale. Right ?
 
In my opinion those energies enter your feet and go through your body and come out and keep going. When I stand on an energy line the rods will cross. If I lift one foot the rods will open just like I turned off a switch. When you learn where and how to find these lines you are in business...Art


It's a bummer that none of this is measurable. Since, of course, it's "un-discovered science". So all we can do is test results. Yet that too will go no-where. As any results that show it's just random chance, subtle terrain clues, etc... .will be met with the litany of fall-back lines. Oh well :(
 
I don’t think you can distill it down much more than that. You can have all the anecdotal evidence you want, but if it isn’t scientifically measurable it will always be suspect at best.

There is a lot of science proving that humans can pick up subconscious cues from their surroundings and then act upon them. I do it all the time when I am out detecting in the woods. The multibillion dollar advertising industry has perfected the technique of playing on subconscious cues to affect human behavior.

It’s quite possible humans can also tap into energy fields given off by inanimate objects, but until there is something other than just anecdotal evidence to support it, it’s just going to remain a pseudoscience.

But don’t let us naysayers stop you from having fun. :coins:
 
.... humans can pick up subconscious cues from their surroundings and then act upon them...

Sure, if that is the explanation for the results dowsers feel they are getting, then .... ironically .... this just disproves dowsing. Shows the rods do nothing. You or I can simply walk out to a location, and "pick the most likely spot". Heck, we all do this any time we go detecting already, right ?

..... It’s quite possible humans can also tap into energy fields given off by inanimate objects, but until there is something other than just anecdotal evidence to support it, it’s just going to remain a pseudoscience .....

Any "energy field" given off by an object ("signal" or "antenna" etc....) would simply be over-powered by the much greater force of gravity acting on the rod (that would pull it left or right with the slightest twitch of the wrist). But .... let's just cut to the chase here with the go-to-reply: It will be "un-discovered science". Sigh.
 
Sure, if that is the explanation for the results dowsers feel they are getting, then .... ironically .... this just disproves dowsing. Shows the rods do nothing. You or I can simply walk out to a location, and "pick the most likely spot". Heck, we all do this any time we go detecting already, right ?
You may do that but I don’t because I am usually to far away to see the location

Any "energy field" given off by an object ("signal" or "antenna" etc....) would simply be over-powered by the much greater force of gravity acting on the rod (that would pull it left or right with the slightest twitch of the wrist).
How can a kite fly in a lite breeze?
But .... let's just cut to the chase here with the go-to-reply: It will be "un-discovered science". Sigh
UN-discovered science?...People knew how dowsing worked 8000 years ago
 
You may do that but I don’t because I am usually to far away to see the location...

Sure. Which is why this is not your particular favored explanation (wisely so, as you would see that it only serves to disprove dowsing). You'll have to move to the spooks explanation, or physical scientific explanation (albeit as of yet, un-discovered). But wait .....


.....UN-discovered science?...People knew how dowsing worked 8000 years ago

Really ? Then the older a practice/belief is, the more true/legit it becomes ? Ok, question for you: witch doctors have been around for 8000 years. With their pixie dust, dances, and incantations. Heck, even testimonials I suppose. And, heck, even still existing in some 3rd world countries to this day. Ok then Art, by your *own* standards of evaluation: Who do you go to for hernia surgery: a witch doctor ? Or the western conventional doctor ?

Watch this folks. He already evaded this question before. Let's see if it slips down un-answered again.

This is known as "reductio ad absurdum". Which is when , when you follow a statement to its logical implications, it falls apart, becomes impossible, etc.... Unless, of course, 1) Art agrees that he'd go to a witch doctor or 2) Art agrees to stop using this catchy fall-back line. Neither of which he'll do. And he'll probably not even answer this challenge. Oh well, we tried.
 
  1. Art agrees that he'd go to a witch doctor or 2) Art agrees to stop using this catchy fall-back line. Neither of which he'll do. And he'll probably not even answer this challenge. Oh well, we tried.
I just go out treasure hunting and have fun. Unlike you I don’t need to make excuses. Gone hunting...Art
 
Tom_in_CA,

For something you dont believe in, you sure waste a lot of time commenting on it. Are you here to just start arguments or pester people that believe in dowsing?
 
I just go out treasure hunting and have fun. Unlike you I don’t need to make excuses. Gone hunting...Art

Yup. Precisely as predicted (I must be psychic) : Won't answer. As to answer it would blow the fall-back line out of the water.

...For something you dont believe in, you sure waste a lot of time commenting on it.....

Odd how only the dissenters are called out on this. The proponents can post all they want , yet no similar accusation. Eh ? Ok Art: Go ahead and have the last word. Because for me to reply, would be to "start arguments". The converse never seems to apply . Hmmm, I think I'm getting it. :hello:
 
Tom_in_CA,

For something you dont believe in, you sure waste a lot of time commenting on it. Are you here to just start arguments or pester people that believe in dowsing?
Don't you get it? Haven't you been paying attention to Tommy!?!?! NOTHING in this world can be or can happen UNLESS there have been papers written by scientists and submitted to some Skeptical Club for double blind testing? These are people that will swear up n down the toothpick can't possibly be sitting on the table because it hasn't been submitted for a so called double blind test! Now since you haven't been paying attention, you'll stand at the position of attention for the rest of this thread! After you give me 50. Bring back memories?
 
Moved to the dousing forum, if members have issue with dousing then don't enter the dousing forum.
 
Last edited:
Yup. Precisely as predicted (I must be psychic) : Won't answer. As to answer it would blow the fall-back line out of the water.



Odd how only the dissenters are called out on this. The proponents can post all they want , yet no similar accusation. Eh ? Ok Art: Go ahead and have the last word. Because for me to reply, would be to "start arguments". The converse never seems to apply . Hmmm, I think I'm getting it. :hello:

Its more of a statement and question.

For something you dont believe in you do spend a lot of time commenting on it. You can post all you want, as can I. It must be the way I read what you write, your tone and some smart ass remarks. Its very smug. And all you do is argue the fact that YOU think dowsing is not real because there is no science behind it. Were not calling you out on the 4 gold coins you found in the banner. We simply say, "Great finds!" I wonder how much science is behind religion?
 
Last edited:
Don't you get it? Haven't you been paying attention to Tommy!?!?! NOTHING in this world can be or can happen UNLESS there have been papers written by scientists and submitted to some Skeptical Club for double blind testing? These are people that will swear up n down the toothpick can't possibly be sitting on the table because it hasn't been submitted for a so called double blind test! Now since you haven't been paying attention, you'll stand at the position of attention for the rest of this thread! After you give me 50. Bring back memories?

I have lots of memories!! LOL!!! Some of which I would love to forget.
 
.... I wonder how much science is behind religion?

This is a very dangerous thing to say when it comes to comparison to dowsing. Because let's be totally honest here: The moment we go THERE, is the moment you start to acknowledge there's something spiritual about it. And no no no we can't go there. That would put it in the camp of spooks or occult or religion or supernatural. And we simply can't have that. Hence most dowsers distance themselves from such explanations. Lest they fall into a camp of hocus pocus or occult.

If a dowser wishes to attribute the supposed ability to this, I would TOTALLY accept that. But you'll notice that very few do (for the obvious implications that would immediately follow). Not so for religion and the existence of God. Yes: those things ARE metaphysical and supernatural. Not so for dowsing. Unless , of course, you wish to attribute the power of dowsing to this ? Let us know :) You will then find yourself in a debate of "do we expose ourselves to some power" debate. Or a biblical prohibition of "consulting spirits" and so forth.

Mind you I'M NOT GOING THERE. It is you that brings it up. But let me guess: to address your question is to be "argumentative" right ?
 
Evidently I am not being clear, I repeat, this is the dousing forum, if members do not believe in dousing that is your right, but attacks on the dousing forum or members who do believe in dousing violates our rules and will be addressed like any other of our rules being broken.

If a member doesn't believe in dousing and wants to argue about it then the best option is do not enter the dousing forum.
 
Tom and fellow dowsing skeptics:
:

When it comes to dowsing, the find is the final word, not science and it is fun to dowse. Anything wrong in having fun?


A little old lady gets into her car to go get groceries. She does not know what the engine compression ratio is, what the cam lift or duration is, how many or what kind of volts hits the spark plugs, what the fuel injector pressure is, what the gear ration is and other such things. Further more, it has never been and it will never be necessary for her to know all those things in order to drive her car to the grocery store to get her milk and eggs. She just gets in and off she goes.


With our dowsing, us dowsers are just like little old ladies. We simply dowse and find many things in many different places, without knowing exactly how dowsing works. Oh, yes, we have somewhat of an idea as we have experimented trying this and that method or procedure, and found what works for each of us individually. But there is one thing we do know for certain, it really is fun because we do not know what our next find is.


Pictured is my dowsing find for today. It is next to a dime for size comparison. Before my rods crossed on this target, I got eight other rod crosses on verified ghost signals today in this area of the desert. So I had to work real hard to recover this target. I don't know what it is, but it is metal and small.

Enjoy.

BTW, my dog kept those curious range cows away from me. She is a real smart dog. LOL.
 

Attachments

  • S5300679.webp
    S5300679.webp
    141.1 KB · Views: 77
  • S5300672.webp
    S5300672.webp
    682 KB · Views: 84
  • S5300673.webp
    S5300673.webp
    803.7 KB · Views: 84
  • S5300674.webp
    S5300674.webp
    800.5 KB · Views: 92
  • S5300676.webp
    S5300676.webp
    802.3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
.... When it comes to dowsing, the find is the final word, not science. .

thanx for posting more finds. But I can not comment now (barring if I had some concurrence). Since the thread is now on this forum section.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom