My umm, "Strangest" Find Ever.....value?

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure why, but I simply couldn't resist buying this delightful 3-piece chamber pot set today. I've seen my share of slop pits, but never one done in this design.....and oh how beautiful it is. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422835160.987534.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422835173.253743.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422835182.220810.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422835191.054641.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422835199.173754.jpg

I'll bet money there's collectors of those out there. It's the prettiest poop pot I've ever seen.

how disgusting, to do it in the house and save it till morning!!

how disgusting, to do it in the house and save it till morning!!
Beats heading to the outhouse in the middle of winter! :laughing7: The good old days!

I actually lived in a house (shack) with no electric or running water for close to a year when I was in my 20's with a couple friends. It was so far back in the holler that you had to pipe the sunshine in, lol. Bathing in the pond out back, hauling water from a well 200 yards uphill, using a generator for a couple hours of electricity when we had money for fuel. It was great. Living wild, young and free. Hard times, but happy times. Those were the days.

Last edited:
My umm, "$HITTIE$T" Find Ever.....value?

My husband was kind of skeaved out by it. "OMG, I hope this was cleaned". Me - "umm, it's got to be well over 100 years old....I'm sure it's fine!" I quickly shared a story of using an old metal "Kool aid" can when my parents rented. We had one bathroom....and when dad was in the pot, well, you just didn't interrupt. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422942514.741711.jpg

Beats heading to the outhouse in the middle of winter! :laughing7: The good old days!

I actually lived in a house (shack) with no electric or running water for close to a year when I was in my 20's with a couple friends. It was so far back in the holler that you had to pipe the sunshine in, lol. Bathing in the pond out back, hauling water from a well 200 yards uphill, using a generator for a couple hours of electricity when we had money for fuel. It was great. Living wild, young and free. Hard times, but happy times. Those were the days.

Ahhh, reminiscing. I've hunted and fished with my dad since I can remember. Trust me when I say, the last thing u want to be doing when there is snow on the ground is stripping down to nothing. Talk about a wake up call.

I'll bet money there's collectors of those out there. It's the prettiest poop pot I've ever seen.

I know. I had purchased a blue enamel granite ware piece a while back for $8. It just can't hold a candle to this piece.

Almost makes me wonder if the design was applied years later.

My umm, "$HITTIE$T" Find Ever.....value?

I listed it with a $70-ish starting bid and calculated shipping. Hopefully that won't be too much.

Title changed, the use of characters in word to bypass censor still violates our rules...

I'm not sure why, but I simply couldn't resist buying this delightful 3-piece chamber pot set today. I've seen my share of slop pits, but never one done in this design.....and oh how beautiful it is.
I guess the part with the holes is a "strainer"

Very interesting piece and associated history!

LOL I believe I would have invented a sloped pipe to the outside at least

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back