My wife doesnt understand me

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Let me see.......you have a super model wife that isn't interested in metal detecting.
Uhhhh......so what. ;)

I don't understand why this question surfaces so often. My wife and I have our together time, and our alone time. Quite honestly, I'm glad that this is a hobby that I have to myself. Don't get me wrong, I've tried to get her to come along several times, but hey, I'm not itching to go scrapbooking or sit around and read a book either. Just not interested in those things. I have an older brother that md's, and a younger one that couldn't care less. In fact, I run into more men that think it's a stupid hobby than I do women.
So it's not just your wife, and certainly has nothing to do with what she does for a living (I think you just wanted to brag a little bit ;)), but just that people are different and that's all there is to it.
No rocket science to it.

Ima Swinger
(and having a blast) :) ;) :P

au4me

Mar 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whatever get"s the job done
After 19 yrs and hundreds of gold rings and neck chains and bracelts brought home she still could care less and thinks it"s a pain i- the--s and she is sick of me bringing all the junk home. :'(

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jeff of pa said:
Rich , I don't know why.
Maybe it's lack of Advertising at the right Places.

GUCCI, VERSACE Etc.

How about a GUCCI Brand Detector ? ;D

Maybe if the Manufacturers would Hire these Super Models
To Show off their Detectors,
We could get them out in the Fields with us.

I'd be satisfied with a Playboy Spread.

The Girls of TNet "Down & Dirty"

Interesting idea-or maybe we could do the men of TNet pinup calendar------who wants to be Mr. January??? (brrrr, baby it's cold outside) ;)

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
artemis moon said:
Interesting idea-or maybe we could do the men of TNet pinup calendar------who wants to be Mr. January??? (brrrr, baby it's cold outside) ;)

:o ;D I kinda like this idea, I amateur photography is another hobby of mine :P ;D

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
i dont expect my other half to understand my hobbies, just tolerate them. i've made it a point to introduce whoever i'm dating to my hobbies/junk/bad habbits. once the shock period is over, if shes still around shes a keeper. keepers generally last me 3 years so i got 2 years left on rthe current model.

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting idea-or maybe we could do the men of TNet pinup calendar------who wants to be Mr. January??? (brrrr, baby it's cold outside)

I kinda like this idea, I amateur photography is another hobby of mine

I second this idea!!! Alright guys its time to get down and dirty and show us your rugged self with nature and detecting I think ya'll need to post a thread to that effect and allow us ladies to judge ya, then we'll pick the best and make a calendar.

I also would as a lady metal detectorist that I would much rather spend $1000 on a detector than a purse that will be out of style in less than 3 months.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
txkickergirl said:
Interesting idea-or maybe we could do the men of TNet pinup calendar------who wants to be Mr. January??? (brrrr, baby it's cold outside)

I second this idea!!! Alright guys its time to get down and dirty and show us your rugged self with nature and detecting I think ya'll need to post a thread to that effect and allow us ladies to judge ya, then we'll pick the best and make a calendar.

I also would as a lady metal detectorist that I would much rather spend $1000 on a detector than a purse that will be out of style in less than 3 months.

You'll get no volunteers... well - except for Kirk of course... LMAO Good luck kickergirl!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well even thou I havent found much yet..I dearly love md'ing... infact I just say hon, am taking off... see ya in a few hours and off I go.... its my thing to do..and I love it...its my time...other than making jewelry in my work room... I am kinda like a jill of all trades..I have my own wood shop..and dont you dare touch my tools....or your dead meat..but since I am back to md'ing.... thats my quiet me time..and lordy ...I love it... and since I am so messed up with the ace, I do have a used other brand comming as back up..so I am super looking foward to that one.... so ya see, it just isnt men....and lemme tell ya all this one..I am so determined to find that one special buried thingy.... and when I do.ya all wil this woman a hooting n hollering n jumping for joy..... I wont give it up....however, I will take him to court if we ever got divorced over my golden retriever..thats my baby, but highly unlikely I would get divorced after 28 yrs of marriage..I just hid in my work room or out the door detector in hand.....and go where the wind takes me...... I love getting dirty...lol after all, I do make my own soaps too amongst other goodies.... smiles ever so politely..ohh I even fish too.... and usually I catch more then the guys too..after they make fun of me and my oven mitt and long nosed needle nosed plyers..yes I cannot touch a worm, but by gods, I can put one on a hook in less then a minute without touching it... and so far, I am the trout queen here..... hows dat fer ya...gents... lol

wildrider

Bronze Member
Feb 25, 2007
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC IIb/White's 6000 Di Pro
Montana Jim said:
txkickergirl said:

You'll get no volunteers... well - except for Kirk of course... LMAO Good luck kickergirl!

Whoa...Whoa...wait.

I wanna be Mr December.

Because: 1) My birthday is on Christmas Day, 8) 2) I'm built like I just ate a big Christmas goose, :o 3) I can give a hardy Ho Ho Ho as well as bring warmth and good cheer. ::)

And last but not least,

By the time December rolls around, all the good pics have been ripped out and stuck on the inside of lockers. Not to mention that people are getting tired of looking at it and the calendar is ready for the trash.

Imagine the "what's in your wallet" commercial where the princess is kissing all the animals and the last one is the hairy chested bald guy with a cigar or something. The princess is fed up and ready to get on to something better. Anyway, I resemble these remarks. :-*

Carson Coin Master

Sep 4, 2007
Nixa, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030,
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett GTAX 550,
Fisher gold bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dont worry bud, im in the same situation, all i ask from here is one to two hours after work maybe twice a week and i get the third degree. its just how women are, what i tell her is she shouldnt complain because ther will be that day i find a diamond ring worth a bunch of moola and instead of giving to her i will just sell it and buy another detector, lol :D

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,14388.msg96845.html#msg96845

Oh no.......Mr. January has been picked out for a Looooong time. Lonewolf has that spot. :P

Kirk will have to be Mr. February....and his identical twin brother, Zoy, can be Mr. March. I think we have enough pictures of Zesty for the rest of the months.....and for 2008, too. ::) ::)

As for the detecting....my hubby bought me the detector for Christmas. He went with me once. He says the gift worked out perfectly for both of us. He hasn't seen me since I've got it. :D Personally, I like to hunt alone. :-*

cazar

Jul 4, 2005
mississippi, beaches of the pacific
Detector(s) used
whites beachhunter, dfx
laugh..the guys of T Net...count me out with this body....sheeeesh ...well not so bad
at 50 I have to say...

Ok, when I had a wife ( 8yrs ago) she let me have my harley, my vette(s), my guns
collection and hunting and my metal detecting...

Now that I am single, I have the same things....

I think the reason there are not more women metal detectors is that 1) not as exciting
as a sale at victorias secret or nordstrums or 2) just not into the whole idea...

true story...I went to malaysia a couple of years ago while in singapore..found the
SAME purse that the ladies were paying 200$+ for in the states for 8$ ...I bought 12
and sent them home...made great Xmas presents... that is a treasure to me...
also the Filson bags us men like for hunting were there also for 50$ a set..bought 3 of
those also 2 for my male friends and one for me...

As for women not understanding men..laugh..have they ever....

I wish all you married and soon to be married folks the best....

respects

Cazar

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT
Hey strikeitrich!
Maybe your wife does understand you. I just read your post on "Do you suppose...?" and maybe she's just as happy that you have this great hobby that gets you out of the house for awhile. ;)

Hhhhmm... nature or nurture? Nope, not gonna touch that one with a ten-foot pole.

Speaking of - love to see that T'net calender! Specially if the guys all have their ?whatchallit? - oh,yeah- "swingy thingy"?

Women spending $1000 on a purse? All I can say is... WHY??? (I don't even own one!)

As for me, I'm just as happy to go out on my own MD'ing. And MD'ing has naturally led to prospecting, which requires heading up into the mountains, often for an overnight, which has been quite the adventure! Except for the time about 3 weeks ago when a bear tried getting into my SUV, where I was sleeping at the time! (But that's a story for another thread)

I'm kinda glad it takes a 'special' kind of woman to be interested in MD'ing ;) That way, the ones that are interested, tend to be interesting, or at least gals I could actually relate to. Unfortunately, I'm not fluent in Gucci or Versace.

P.S. (I always read the whole thread before I post) :D

Kilika

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom_in_CA ]
Don Jose, the age old debate of "nature vs nurture" is this: "Nature", meaning you/we were born with certain tendencies, tastes, etc... "Nurture" means .... no, you weren't born with them, but as you grow up, people around you, your parents, teachers, siblings, etc... form your tendencies and tastes.
~~~~~~~~~

HI Tom, sorry for such a late response, but I have been so cottin pickin busy that I neglected to check back in, HOWEVER ------ the part that I wanted clarified was this "plumbing thingie"?,

The psychological aspects of upbringing and enviorment modifying your hehavior I understand, but the other ??????

:o

Don Jose de la Mancha

(lil boy snicker)

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
I'm with the other woman who posted!!!

Metal detecting has always caught my interest from long ago (don't ask how long ago, I can't remember, but it was a long time ago, that I do remember).

And I am a fortunate woman to have a man who is interested in it also...:):):)

He likes fishing....ewwwwwwww no way....I make him clean those nasty, smelly things in the back yard (rain, sleet, snow or sunshine...NOT in my house!!!)

I love genealogy, he don't. He will ask, "When will you be done?" LOL...that really is funny!!!

I'm one of those "girls" that likes to wear blue jeans, t-shirts, and go barefoot...love the feel of the dirt (sometimes mud) between the toes...one with the earth! I don't have manicured fingernails (can't type with those long things!)...they are just long enough for a good back scratching (and if not, I have my own back scratcher, when he's not tired! ;)).

You can forget the part of barefoot and pregnant and in the kitchen...this is not the girl I am (even though I have 3 children...that's enough!) and the kitchen I have basically turned over to the ol' man....he cooks pretty good and does dishes too! I do cook, but only if I have too or feel like making a cake or cookies ;).

As for purses, my fanny pack works just fine!!!! I use it for work and for metal detecting...I have one (from Marlboro) that even has a bottle holder...my favorite fanny pack!!!

My sisters buy these outrageous clothes that are attached to outrageous prices! I love Route 66 brand....and easy on the wallet and they look good too!!!

I love my MOMMY TIME and NO ONE will take that away...well, except for today, they are short handed and asked if I could work...so much for metal detecting the church yard today...besides it's raining...so I can wait until tomorrow...the church yard will still be there! Besides, that's extra spending money I will earn today towards hubby's Christmas present, want to get him an underwater detector for when he goes diving. (Shhh, don't tell him and block this post so he can't see it...he reads TN!)

(PS: Recommendations on underwater detectors for diving would be greatly appreciated...you can PM me! I Thank You in advance!)

I can't dive, heart condition, but I can't wait to see what he brings up from the bottom of the ocean!!!!!!!! I would love to dive!!! Oh well...but my dau does and she's in Guam now...OMG....heaven!!!

I hear all kinds of excuses of why metal detecting is blah from both sexes and many races/ethnic groups....if you have an interest, you will DIG IT...if not, you won't! Even tried to get the kids at work involved...said I have 3 detectors, I can let them use one, but never any offers to actually go...they think it's exciting, but they rather hang out with their friends and do nothing...oh well!

Happy Hunting Ya'll.........
Annmarie
PS: you can put me down for a TN Calender :) ... I have an empty wall space by computer that needs some excitment :)

Jim West Pa

Aug 14, 2007
Mamont Pa.
Detector(s) used
DFX
Wouldn't ttrade my wife/best friend fer nuttin !!!!!
Can't find ones of her on her bike.(V-Star 1100)

Attachments

• Picture 001 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 001 (Medium).jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 315
  • Picture 001 (Medium).jpg
    Picture 001 (Medium).jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 1ST GOLD 037 (Small).jpg
    1ST GOLD 037 (Small).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 290
  • Picture 125 (Small).jpg
    Picture 125 (Small).jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 292
  • Picture 144 (Small).jpg
    Picture 144 (Small).jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 296
  • 0002 (7).jpg
    0002 (7).jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 294

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Don Jose, the "plumbing" differences between men and women would be men have "outdoor plumbing" (need I explain that?) and women have indoor plumbing (need I explain that?). Ie.: the physical difference between men and women.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions