What's new

NAUGHTY COINS

john37115

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
529
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee, USA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, F75, Nautilus dmc IIb, Custom Soveriegn, Pro XL, Classic IV, IDX, Compass Gold Scanner Pro
I now have 4 hours of detectin in with my new naughty ( Nautilus ) and I'm already finding the deepies. I hit the same area about 40' x 40 that I've found about 70 coins in - with other detectors. I have all the trash and shallow clad removed. I was listening for the deep signals and the ones that are mask by iron. The Nautilus has brought this area back alive and I come out with some good coins today. All the old coins I dug were 7-8" and one wheat at 10" and heres the kicker EVERY coin had nails in the hole with it. I hope this is an indication of days to come with this machine. I absolutely love it. I got 2 mercs a 1918,1939, one buffalo 1936, 3 wheats 1914 ( no D dang it ) 1930, and 1942. I have another thats the same size and thickness of a wheat I believe its a war time steel penny. I am having a blast with this machine. I cant wait till I have a 100 hours under my belt on her.
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1282.webp
    DSCN1282.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 1,188
  • DSCN1275.webp
    DSCN1275.webp
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,184
  • DSCN1277.webp
    DSCN1277.webp
    54 KB · Views: 1,190
  • DSCN1278.webp
    DSCN1278.webp
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,176
  • DSCN1279.webp
    DSCN1279.webp
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,174
  • DSCN1280.webp
    DSCN1280.webp
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,150
Upvote 0
Nice scores...Silver always brings a smile to the face. Congrats on your finds...HH
 
Gorgeous detail on that '39 Merc...and that worn '18 makes my imagination wander...Who was the last person to hold that coin and how did they lose it...?

Nice finds...I think DEPTH is the "new frontier" for us. WTG

HH Joe
 
Very Nice! I've never used a Nautilus before, but it sounds like a great machine! B-e-a-utiful Mercs! You really have to listend for the deepies. Keep up the great work!

Kiko
 
That sounds like one heck of a machine. Great job on all those coins on an area you've hit before. That is FANTASTIC!!!
Looking forward to future hunts with that mean machine.
-MM-
 
Dang Bro, you got me thinkin' bout pickin' up one of them Naughty Nautilus's. Your right that 39 merc. wasn't carried long before it was lost. The buffs has a nice clear date on it tool ;)

Talk to ya tomorrow
 
The detector obviously works well, could be the start of a happy relationship?
 
Good finds and good detector.
Shows that there is always something left.
 
You sound like a man who knows how to tune his machine. I'm told those Nautilus machines will go deep if you know how to get them to do it. That is not unlike some of the other top of the line machines.
Keep it up.
Muleskinner
 
sounds like that machine is working well. keep at it!
 
Nice to see a buffolo with a date still on it WTG! :)
 
Hunted out? Lol! said:
Excellent! An area is never "hunted out!"
I second that! A lot of times I go out to a promising spot and get skunked. But, not ready to call it a day I'll go to one of my local spots, which are 2 small parks in my rinky-dink town of <2000 that have been hit hard by myself and lots of others over the years. I always manage to find SOMETHING there, even if it's just a wheatie or two.

Nice Mercs, the Nautilus is hitting silver already. Good Deal!

WTG,
-SgtSki
 
Yo John,
Be one with your machine, means YoU!!.
Don't them mercury's jump out at you?
Joe
 
Awesome post, great finds, great review on what sounds like a great machine!!

WTG, Keep @ it and HH!!
 
WTG Great finds
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom