Nazi Party 14k gold pin?? Need help...

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So yeah, found what I believe to be a Nazi Party gold pin yesterday at the park. Gorgeous pin. But I flipped it over to discover it was engraved "SS" with the date of 12-31-33. I know 1933 was a big year for the Nazis. It's a little chilling to think this pin could be celebrating the killing of all the Nazis political rivals as they came to power. Anything that anybody can tell me about this item would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
The Religious Society of St. Simon or Saint Simonism.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I get everytime???

look up just 1933. nazi germany is one of the top hits for just searching that year. Other than the year inscribed, there is nothing about this that relates to germany

OP
OP
Chestdiesel

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Religious Society of St. Simon or Saint Simonism.

We're you able to find something? Can you post the link by any chance? Cause the stuff I'm finding doesn't match up with that?? Especially the time frame of the movement??

OP
OP
Chestdiesel

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
look up just 1933. nazi germany is one of the top hits for just searching that year. Other than the year inscribed, there is nothing about this that relates to germany

Right, makes sense. Plus I do a lot of research on world war 2, and Germany, so I think my google is pre-disposed to bring up that era as well??

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most Nazi stuff I believe was made in munich

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the gold!

What VDI did it ring up at?

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The date on the pin is 12/31/33, the German election was in March of 33

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For future reference it would help if you were to rotate the pictures and crop the pin in question. That way we don't have to turn our heads to one side like a dog hearing a siren lol.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
We're you able to find something? Can you post the link by any chance? Cause the stuff I'm finding doesn't match up with that?? Especially the time frame of the movement??

No I did not look anything up, just something that stuck with me from my studies. If I where to look it up then chances are I would start with Google Scholar or Oxford University archives and then move on to Vatican publications. Or you could really cheat and use a Moto Dictionary and see what that brings up.

OP
OP
Chestdiesel

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The date on the pin is 12/31/33, the German election was in March of 33
True Dat. But didn't think it was that far of a stretch because 1933 was just a huge year for the Nazis. And 12-31-33 is obviously the last day of that year. Idk? I just want to know what it is? I appreciate all the help. But nobody's been able to disprove the nazi connection yet in my eyes, unfortunately. Or offer any other proof for any connection. Like I said, i started with the Nazi thing because of Google, and to me the cross looked kinda like an iron cross to me. The "SS" had my imagination working too coupled with the date of 1933

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
congrats on the old gold! It's possible some guy named Stanley Sylvester (or another name, or a woman named Samantha Silverstein) retired on 12/31/33 from whatever RSSTS is. Not really seeing anything that would indicate it being Nazi, but who knows until someone shows proof either way.

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got it! I think it was a pin given to golfer Sam Snead for his first tournament win on New Year's Eve 1933-the initials stand for "Really Swell Sand Trap Shot." :thumbsup:

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
BTW, a google search for RSSTS 1933, the first two are about Germany. Then it goes into the Pittsburgh Pirates, Spain, Cricket. The Germany ones are about March and November 1933. So I think odds are very small it's German/Nazi related.

One could also make the argument that the Merc was lost with the pin because in 1944 the pin owner knew the war was almost over so tossed both in the park being so distraught over the inevitable loss! Well, the Merc has some wear, so it'll fit into the 1945 timeframe. Just in time for the war's end.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
One more thing on the item: this is dated Month/Day/Year; if it where German it would be dated Day/Month/Year.

OP
OP
Chestdiesel

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One more thing on the item: this is dated Month/Day/Year; if it where German it would be dated Day/Month/Year.
Nice!! That's what I'm talking about brother!! That's the nugget I needed. So ok. It's not Nazi. Great. But what is it? Lol
And I know there was sympathetic German Americans to the nazi movement. Especially early on before WWII. Would they still have stuck to that date rule?? Probably not being American?? Right??

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread