Nazi Party 14k gold pin?? Need help...

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So yeah, found what I believe to be a Nazi Party gold pin yesterday at the park. Gorgeous pin. But I flipped it over to discover it was engraved "SS" with the date of 12-31-33. I know 1933 was a big year for the Nazis. It's a little chilling to think this pin could be celebrating the killing of all the Nazis political rivals as they came to power. Anything that anybody can tell me about this item would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6
OP
OP
Chestdiesel

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BTW, a google search for RSSTS 1933, the first two are about Germany. Then it goes into the Pittsburgh Pirates, Spain, Cricket. The Germany ones are about March and November 1933. So I think odds are very small it's German/Nazi related.

One could also make the argument that the Merc was lost with the pin because in 1944 the pin owner knew the war was almost over so tossed both in the park being so distraught over the inevitable loss! Well, the Merc has some wear, so it'll fit into the 1945 timeframe. Just in time for the war's end.

Great post. Lol. I get your point. Didn't find the merc anywhere near it though. Was using it for scale.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chestdiesel

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know? Maybe I should have just posted my silver finds instead. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    761.1 KB · Views: 102

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know? Maybe I should have just posted my silver finds instead. Lol

Of course not, because if you bring something you do not know then perhaps many others come together as they have to find out what it is; then if we find the answer that is just one more answer cataloged.

But the silvers are cool finds too, that Egyptian ring looks just like the one that walked off a couple years ago in the looting during the riots. LOL

OP
OP
Chestdiesel

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Of course not, because if you bring something you do not know then perhaps many others come together as they have to find out what it is; then if we find the answer that is just one more answer cataloged.

But the silvers are cool finds too, that Egyptian ring looks just like the one that walked off a couple years ago in the looting during the riots. LOL

Lol. Yeah, a couple bucket listers on that hand for me. My first SLQ, and my first 1800's Canadian Dime. It's been an amazing month. That's literally a fraction of what I've gotten this month.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like I said earlier, the numbers Google to the Gospel of St.John

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, who knows, but four pages in one day, give it until the end of the week maybe someone will have shown how we all are way off.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
U probably right, I think the stylized cross is the key, it's an unusual one, and I've seen lots. Here's a thought, maybe that's not a cross at all.

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
U probably right, I think the stylized cross is the key, it's an unusual one, and I've seen lots.

Thats why I thought of the group I did because the other Catholic group who uses the same cross is far from as open minded as this group was.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Think they would have used a colon and not a hyphen.
Like 12:31-33 instead of 12-31-33.

does not appear to be a hyphen to me. at least between the last 2 numbers

Uled.jpg

I do agree it appears to be more likely Nursing related

Last edited:

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, Google "Latin cross variations ", I don't have time to look at them all, there's 100's

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Religious Society of St. Simon or Saint Simonism.
Not. Founded in 1999- http://www.liberalcatholics.co.uk/rssts_constitution.pdf

No, I think it's definitely a date. It's "12-31-33"
It's a date but it's not a German date. It would have been written in a European format as 31-12-33 with the day first, then the month followed by the year. I'll stand by my original assessment of it being a long defunct, short lived organization, fraternity, club, association, society or what have you, probably even local to the New England area. There is too much information on the pin for it to be much else. The company that made it is J.E.O.& Co. Not much out there about them either. Here are a couple golf related pieces made by them. Lot Detail - Estelle Lawson Page Women's 1938 Amateur Championship Silver Runner-Up Medal
14K gold medal awarded at The Leslie Cup, 1926 - Price Estimate: $1000 - $1500

ps- I followed the nursing route myself and couldn't turn up anything. The cross doesn't look like a medical type nurses cross either.
I hope this one gets solved eventually.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread