Nazi Party 14k gold pin?? Need help...

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So yeah, found what I believe to be a Nazi Party gold pin yesterday at the park. Gorgeous pin. But I flipped it over to discover it was engraved "SS" with the date of 12-31-33. I know 1933 was a big year for the Nazis. It's a little chilling to think this pin could be celebrating the killing of all the Nazis political rivals as they came to power. Anything that anybody can tell me about this item would be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 6
OP
OP
Chestdiesel

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Again, any opinion is welcomed. Like I said, everytime I google "R.S.S.T.S" and "1933" it brings me to the German Elections of 1933??

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Nazis didn't put Latin on their party pins, I would look to the Swiss, they were more cosmopolitan Also, Italian facist.

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure what you found, hopefully there is someone here to help, Hopefully isn't the case but there re some that don't like discussing Nazi stuff , the equivalent of sticking your fingers in the ears and yelling "LALALALALA"
congrats on the find.

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Latin- truthfulness/mercy/confidence, does that sound like a Nazi ?

OP
OP
Chestdiesel

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool. Thanks for the info guys. Ummmm, no Bruce it doesn't, but maybe in their own eyes they thought of themselves that way?? Wish I could find out more? Anyways, thanks again for the help guys. Cheers

OP
OP
Chestdiesel

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like I said everything I google brings me to the German Elections of 1933? Not to mention that cross looks a lot like an iron cross IMo?

OP
OP
Chestdiesel

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But the "SS" engraving is not the typical SS of the Nazis. They don't resemble thunderbolts at all, so most likely they're just initials I guess?? Idk??

Bruce R

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2016
Shamokin, Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just googled rssts 12/31/33 and all I get is Holy Bible quotes from the book of John. Also that cross is nowhere near a Maltese, you may have found a pin from a fraternal order as they used many variations of the Latin cross and a wide variety of Latin mottos. I collect American fraternal swords, I'll look in my books when I get home today.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I google rssts I don't get anything related to nazis or germany. I see nothing about the emblem, the motto or the initials that indicate anything german

OP
OP
Chestdiesel

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's crazy?? None of that stuff comes up when I google?? So aggrevating lol. Thank you guys so much for the help. Truly appreciate it. Really want to know what organization this was from?? Why couldn't have just been a gold coin, like I thought it was in the hole?? Lol

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I google rssts I don't get anything related to nazis or germany. I see nothing about the emblem, the motto or the initials that indicate anything german
It's the 1933 part that brings that up. That's the year Hitler came to power in Germany. Whatever R.S.S.T.S. stands for may only exist in a book. It's obviously a long defunct, probably short lived organization, fraternity, club or what have you. The same goes for what was their motto "veritas, clementia, fides." I can't find those words (combined together) either with the exception of a Latin dictionary of translator. While I'm on it, I can't even find the maker of the pin. It looks to read "J.C.O. & Co."? Is that correct?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Below the initials and the date is the maker of the pin and I believe the Karat, It is to hard to make out, can you give the manufacturers name.

OP
OP
Chestdiesel

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's the 1933 part that brings that up. That's the year Hitler came to power in Germany. Whatever R.S.S.T.S. stands for may only exist in a book. It's obviously a long defunct, probably short lived organization, fraternity, club or what have you. The same goes for what was their motto "veritas, clementia, fides." I can't find those words (combined together) either with the exception of a Latin dictionary of translator. While I'm on it, I can't even find the maker of the pin. It looks to read "J.C.O. & Co."? Is that correct?

It's either J.E.O & Co. Or J.E.G & Co

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread